Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

In other free news, Total Annihilation is free to keep on GOG right now. Also, when Total War Saga: Troy releases on 13th August, it will also be free to keep if you claim it within its first 24 hours on the Epic Games Store.

On 29/05/2020 at 16:21, apsham said:

Dicey Dungeons is on sale and it's totally worth it, reminds me of a lot of dice placement games that I have.

It is a really cool game. The game design is really interesting, but I absolutely hate the art style. It makes it look super cheap. It will not replace Slay the Spire as my go to game, but it is a great game to have on in the background. Did you ever play the Legend of Bumbo? The two remind me of each other. Great concept, just need a little extra polish to make it a great game. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

It is a really cool game. The game design is really interesting, but I absolutely hate the art style. It makes it look super cheap. It will not replace Slay the Spire as my go to game, but it is a great game to have on in the background. Did you ever play the Legend of Bumbo? The two remind me of each other. Great concept, just need a little extra polish to make it a great game. 

Never got the chance to play Bumbo yet since I only have a Mac for Steam and it's a windows only title sadly. I'm hoping it comes to Switch one day.

On 26/05/2020 at 21:45, Bobfoc said:

This week's Humble Bundle has Cities: Skylines and its expansions. £1 gets you the game and £14.50 gets you all the expansions. There's also a middle tier, as usual.

Slightly disappointed in myself that I missed this. I've got the base game and was keeping an eye on the expansions until what would've been just days before this,

15 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Slightly disappointed in myself that I missed this. I've got the base game and was keeping an eye on the expansions until what would've been just days before this,

It'll be bound to be on sale again at the end of this month when Steam has their annual summer sale. Rumoured to be around the 23rd.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 00:38, El Tiburon said:

So, I built a PC. I'm kinda pumped to jump into a whole bunch of new games, but I'm also wondering what you guys are into? Always looking for recommendations. 

In no particular order: 

Darkest Dungeon

Baldur's Gate/Baldur''s Gate 2

Cities:Skylines

Rimworld

Sid Meier''s Alpha Centuari/Civilization 4

Stellaris ( High learning curve warning)

Frostpunk

Those are the games I've been playing a lot of recently. 

Edited by KiddKorupt11
Posted from mobile messed with size/formatting
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KiddKorupt11 said:

In no particular order: 

Darkest Dungeon

Rimworld

Frostpunk

Is this your first time playing the Baldur’s Gate games? I want to play them.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Is this your first time playing the Baldur’s Gate games? I want to play them.

No. I've been playing them for about 8 years now. I recommend watching some let's plays before you spend money on them. BG1 is slower paced and not as good as BG2, but it's still fantastic in its own right. I've tried to get people into them in the past and some liked them, some hated them, so I'd research them before purchase. If you like slower paced rpgs that require you to save early and often (seriously, save frequently. The game can be brutal) and have an interest in D&D, then you'd probably like them.

Edit: If you do decide to try them, I would suggest for a new player to buy the Enhanced Editions. They come with a lot of quality-of-life features that the originals didn't have, and are generally easier to get running, more stable, etc.

Edited by KiddKorupt11
  • Like 1

Heartily recommend Rimworld. Can be expanded to ridiculous levels. Had a scary moment on my colony yesterday when a ship crash landed nearby, went to see if any survivors and found myself being attacked by a group of xenomorphs. Thankfully my colonists survived removing facehuggers or could have been yet another failed colony!

• Like 2

I always get a chuckle out of trying to install an eyepatch and a catastrophic failure results in the pawn having his head ripped off. What is that eyepatch made out of, lightsaber?

43 minutes ago, KiddKorupt11 said:

I always get a chuckle out of trying to install an eyepatch and a catastrophic failure results in the pawn having his head ripped off. What is that eyepatch made out of, lightsaber?

An elegant eyepatch, for a more civilized age.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Persona 4 Golden is coming to PC. I generally preferred its story and characters to those of Persona 5, so I'd recommend it very much.

I might honestly pick that up when it drops. I couldn't get P4 to work well on emulator, and P4G has the 'full' package, and since I don't have a Vita, i'll be happy i'll be able to get it on PC.

Hopefully they'll drop P3FES on PC too.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Itch.io's massive bundle goes towards the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund and has more than 1,000 games in it right now including Celeste, A Night In The Woods and some other big name things... along with whatever else is on itch.io. But the most import thing that it has (besides you know, a good cause) is highlighted below;

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KiddKorupt11 said:

In no particular order: 

Darkest Dungeon

Rimworld

Frostpunk

I've been thinking about trying Stellaris because I like most Paradox games but I also don't really care for games about aliens. I don't know what to do.

Edited by metalman