2012 Africa Cup of Nations

Lineker

Yes, or Eurosport as well if you want commentators who aren't great but don't try and make it about themselves like Sky/BBC/ITV usually do! Obviously no choice if you don't have Eurosport mind :shifty:

Just before we start let me get the obligatory out the way:

Tiote + ten others v Burkina Faso

Worlds greatest hardman ever v Burkina Faso

etc. etc.

Lets enjoy the football. :)

Edited by IAceI

I think I'm going to go 2-1 Ivory Coast based off this early 5 minutes I've seen. Mind you after 90 minutes I'm not sure I'll have accustomed myself to this camera angle, you don't realise how used to the typical angle we get you are until you see something like this. You can't even see the crowd in the stand opposite the camera for the most part.

Tagging in for Lineker!

Burkina Faso (4-2-3-1): Diakite; Koffi, B Kone, Tall, Panandeitguiri; Kere, Nakoulma; Kabore, A Traore, Pitroipa; Dagano

Ivory Coast (4-3-3): Barry, Bamba, Zokora, K Toure, Tiene; Gosso, Y Toure, Tiote; Kalou, Drogba, Gervinho

No idea on the referee, hoping my inclusion of formations makes up for lack of referee.

Boubacar Barry, Kolo Toure, Souleymane Bamba, Siaka Chico Tiene, Gneri Toure Yaya, Didier Zokora, Ismael Cheik Tiote, Jean-Jaques Gosso, Didier Drogba, Salomon Kaluo, Yao Kouassi Gervinho. Subs: Daniel Yeboah, Gerard Gnahouan, Arthur Boka, Emmanuel Eboue, Igor Lolo, Brou Angoua, Max-Alain Gradel, Dider Konan, Kafoumba Couibaly, Abdulkader Keita, Seydou Doumbia, Bony Wilfred.

22px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png Daouda Diakite, Mamdou Tall, Babary Kone, Mahamadou Kere, Saidou Panandetiguiri, Jonathon Pitroipa, Alain Traore, Charles Kabore, Mohamed Koffi, Beli Moumouni Dagano, Prejuce Nakoulma. Subs: Adam Sawadogo, Germain Sanou, Ibrahim Gnanou, Florent Rouamba, Wilfreid Benjamin Balima, Bertrand Traore, Aristide Bance, Narcisse Yameogo, Issiaka Ouedraogo.

Very slow paced match, didn't get chance to catch the goal though. But my main issue was like the commentator said, there seems to be huge spaces all across the pitch and not a whole lot going on. Hoping for a bit more in the 2nd. What was Kalou's yellow for? Going down and then trying to play on when the ball came near him?

And cheers Ace, appreciate the team sheet.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

Get in there Gervinho. Fantastic. As per usual his off the ball movement is great, he reads the game well and pulls into space before spaffing a golden chance over the bar and into orbit. That's why we love Gervinho, he does everything so well until it really counts.

Edited by IAceI

Just started watching my first bit of CAF football this year (having just got back to the UK) and see Tunisia waltz through the middle of Niger. Oh dear.

Not that I care much for any of the teams in Group C, but there you go.

Edit: 1-1 now, Tunisia keeper flaps at an awkward bounce. Good fun.