General Gaming Thread

TKz

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Days Gone. Really enjoyed it probably more than I thought I would. Only thing I would say is it started to drag near the end like I felt it wasn't going to end. Solid 8/10 for me. 

Now onto Metro Redux (change of pace and should finish it quicker) and then Metro Exodus, hopefully take a chunk out of my backlog leaving me with Death Stranding then 

I got PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 on XBOX for free. I have been steadily obsessed with over the last month. I have pretty much done all the maps and gotten A-B scores on everything. I was a little bit sad.

But I thought - why not play the OG PAC-MAN Championship Edition on XBOX 360. So I picked that up. Wowza. What a great game. 

I get that people play video games for different reasons and the like, but PAC-MAN is the perfect video game. I think if someone asked me my desert island game, PAC Man Championship Edition would be on that list. Clearing boards, getting the ghosts to chase you, chaining together combos, pattern recognition. It is all so amazing. It is in the category of the NES/SNES 2D Mario Games and Tetris. Perfection. 

• Like 1

MK11 to add Mileena ("Now fucking shut up"- Ed Boon, probably), Rain, and... Rambo?!

• Like 2

I don't know how others feel, but the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy is fucking fantastic. I'm working my way through Rise right now after finishing the 2013 game a few days ago (won't ever be able to get the platinum on that one due to multiplayer trophies). So far, Rise is a 100% improvement on everything the first game introduced - controls, graphics, movement, world, VO, etc. I remember really enjoying Shadow when I played it on the Xbox One years ago, so we'll see how I feel when I get to that game eventually.

I really hope the rumors of a 2021/2022 release for the 4th game is true. I'm super curious about what they can do with Tomb Raider on the next gen, specifically on PS5 with the haptic feedback and stuff.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tristy said:

I don't know how others feel, but the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy is fucking fantastic. I'm working my way through Rise right now after finishing the 2013 game a few days ago (won't ever be able to get the platinum on that one due to multiplayer trophies). So far, Rise is a 100% improvement on everything the first game introduced - controls, graphics, movement, world, VO, etc. I remember really enjoying Shadow when I played it on the Xbox One years ago, so we'll see how I feel when I get to that game eventually.

I really hope the rumors of a 2021/2022 release for the 4th game is true. I'm super curious about what they can do with Tomb Raider on the next gen, specifically on PS5 with the haptic feedback and stuff.

I only played thr first two, but they are top notch.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, OctoberRaven said:

MK11 to add Mileena ("Now fucking shut up"- Ed Boon, probably), Rain, and... Rambo?!

Rambo is so fucking weird. All the past movie characters were some sort of super powered or alien. Rambo is just a buff dude with guns.

40 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Rambo is so fucking weird. All the past movie characters were some sort of super powered or alien. Rambo is just a buff dude with guns.

I mean, so's Stryker. I miss Stryker :(

On 11/10/2020 at 17:52, tristy said:

I felt like Rise was the peak for the Trilogy. Absolutely fantastic game but I felt like Shadow there were some flaws in the story which let it down. Still a good game but the story was weakest in Shadow 

Corona quarantining at home is making me unbelievably bored. One thing my wife and I once enjoyed together was playing through The Witness.

I’ve probably asked this here before, but can anyone recommend similar games for PS4 that we can play through together. Similar puzzle types, allowing us to go at our own pace, and plenty of things to do are all welcome and possibly must-haves.

Seriously, I can only drink and watch Countdown so much.

49 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Corona quarantining at home is making me unbelievably bored. One thing my wife and I once enjoyed together was playing through The Witness.

I’ve probably asked this here before, but can anyone recommend similar games for PS4 that we can play through together. Similar puzzle types, allowing us to go at our own pace, and plenty of things to do are all welcome and possibly must-haves.

Seriously, I can only drink and watch Countdown so much.

I did a google search, and the first thing I came across was The Talos Principle. 

Between the fact that the two games I'm most hype for are available elsewhere, and my backlog, I'm going to continue my tradition of waiting a couple years before getting a new console.

41 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Between the fact that the two games I'm most hype for are available elsewhere, and my backlog, I'm going to continue my tradition of waiting a couple years before getting a new console.

Seems sensible to me. Even Sony has been moving towards bringing its exclusives to PC, while all Microsoft-published games will be on PC too. There will inevitably be some games that end up on consoles, but not PC, but I can't see anything major until 2021 at least.

I actually think each console is most appealing to people who owned the opposite company's machine during this generation. PS4 owners moving to a Series X will get access to a huge library of backwards compatible games with a Game Pass subscription, while Xbox One users can buy a PS Plus subscription and get access to 18 big PS4 games, most of which are exclusives.

• Like 1