General Gaming Thread

TKz

Jumped into Ni No Kuni on the PS3 yet? Some sales have it as low as 20 dollars/pounds/Euros/other foreign equivalents.

I really need to get a console/some consoles. I've been a PC only gamer (unless iOS counts) for about five years now. My PS2 died and I don't live near my brothers with their Wii and xBox.

For a brief while before the servers promptly shit the bed, rendering it unplayable.

Seemed very much button mashery and at times presented almost no challenge when I worked out I could just hit the heavy attack button over and over again till I won because my opponent would just leap forward onto my sword and most of the time he'd forgotten to bring a shield with which to block my attacks.

Most of the early items seemed to offer only a negligible upgrade over what you start with/the cheapest items but I suppose that's to be expected and you unlock more of them in the shop as you level up. I was only pissing around in the first area though and was fighting for peanuts so couldn't really afford most of it. Never really looked at the premium weapons to see how OP they were though I'm sure every anti F2P player online has already speculated that they'll be essential to get anywhere.

And either I missed something or the game never really explains how to do the executions at the end of fights. It's to do with getting the crowd on your side but since I haven't been able to do any thus far, I'm not sure whether it's because I'm fighting like a dirty bastard or because I'm only fighting in front of 2 blokes and a dog in an alleyway.

I need a new RPG to fill the chasm of time I'm about to have.

What are some good, immersive, RPG games with plenty of gameplay in the vein of Dragon Age and Skyrim?

Have you tried The Witcher 2?

As a game, Deadpool is basically an average combo button mashy brawler with some gunplay. As a Deadpool game, it's a hoot. I've basically just been grinning for the entire 45 minutes I was playing it earlier. It's stupid, it's mental, it's dumb, but I'm really enjoying it.

This, I know I posted about it in the Deadpool thread but guys there is a mini game where your arm gets severed, and your neck gets broken (like spun backwards) and you need to chase a dog who has stolen your arm so you can fix your broken neck. Naturally the controls are inverted.

It is so stupidly glorious.

Have you tried The Witcher 2?

Picked Witcher 1 & 2 up for a steal on Steam the other day. Might be worth firing up.

Has anybody tried Neverwinter yet? Looks like a semi-decent free to play MMORPG. The user created content is the only real draw for me. Would love to see some old school D&D adventures adapted.

I have. My virus detection of it was not a fan. Game play was fun, dash was a great addition.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics?ref=banner

New jrpg with a wiiu and ps4/vita goal for 15 bucks.

Oh and faeries of Avalon for a few bucks for cartoony jrpg too.

Since we are on subject still.

I have. My virus detection of it was not a fan. Game play was fun, dash was a great addition.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics?ref=banner

New jrpg with a wiiu and ps4/vita goal for 15 bucks.

Oh and faeries of Avalon for a few bucks for cartoony jrpg too.

Since we are on subject still.

I donated to this the other night and pointed out to TEOL and Ellis, I love how it's going to cost exactly double the budget of creating the game to add... "Legendary Weapons". :P