General Gaming Thread

TKz

Mass Effect's gameplay is certainly a little clunky, but I can still happily play the game because I enjoy the story so much. Yes, the interactive comic thing in the second game does a reasonable job of setting the scene if you want to just straight in at that point, but I still think there's value in experiencing the original story for yourself.

For me, though, the story and plot interactivity was always the main draw, and as long as the games were playable, I wasn't all that bothered how good the shooting and biotic stuff was. I can totally understand that others might see things differently.

• Like 1

Much bigger fan of ME1's gameplay, even though there is a lot that could have been improved about it. The whole shooting gallery thing in the later ones is fun for popcorn and that's why I played them, but I never really fell in love with those games. Found it hard to play through ME1 again but I loved it the first go-round which counts for a lot to me.

I just can't deal with it after the improvements made in 2 and 3. The clunky running and shooting mechanics really make it hard to get through the game. There's also a general lack of direction on the Citadel I found. I'm all for more freedom, but that place got a bit too complicated to explore at times. And good lord, that planet exploring buggy...

Yeah, the buggy missions were the worst part of the game, especially the planet exploration. I did it just because I was bored but roving around a mostly empty landscape in order to get out and do a puzzle game for an extremely minor "resource" is not fun or satisfying at all. The buggy controls were awful but in the actual missions that used them it was bearable, maybe because everything was pretty easy and quick to kill.

I was really not a big fan of the Mass Effect story. It was effective and epic but it didn't grab me.

You are like the first person ever I've seen that thought this.

Which characters are the good ones? What things happened that should have grabbed me? Just because worlds were being destroyed and you had to save everything doesn't count for much with me. That happens in every game, this one just spent a lot of time on its script. Like I said, effective, epic, very very polished, but ultimately pedestrian. Loved the first game but could happily have skipped every cutscene.

I liked pretty much every squadmate I had. A few not as much but I was especially attached to Garrus, Tali, Mordin, Joker, Liara, Wrex, and i fell hard in love with Traynor in part 3. Not to mention Anderson. Anderson was like your dad. And he was a great dad!

I liked pretty much every squadmate I had. A few not as much but I was especially attached to Garrus, Tali, Mordin, Joker, Liara, Wrex, and i fell hard in love with Traynor in part 3. Not to mention Anderson. Anderson was like your dad. And he was a great dad!

Miranda and Mordin for me. How could you not love Mordin?

ME3 spoiler:

Legit was close to tears at his sacrifice in ME3. He was the very model of a scientist salarian.

:(