General Gaming Thread

TKz

Somebody sell me on the Shin Megami Tensei games. Club Nintendo is doing a deal for a $30 eShop credit if you buy Fire Emblem (which I already have because it is the shit you guys) and the new one, which just came out today. A $30 credit is a really great deal, but I've never played any of the other games. I know a few of you guys are fans, so sell me on it, EWB!

EDIT: It's $50!? Jesus fuck nintendo it's a handheld game.

The Digital Devil Saga games are incredibly difficult. I gave up on the first one when I couldn't beat a mid-game boss despite levelling for hours and having the guide open in front of me. The second one is still in the wrapping.

I didn't care for Persona 4. I appreciate games not holding your hand but my word I was lost with that.

Persona 3/4 is a wonderful combination of JRPG battles + pokemon monster collection (who doesn't want to fight using Thor or Satan? Tons of mythological creatures) + dating sim (building friendships) + time management (all of the above....plus you gotta study for exams!).

Lot's (80ish hours) of fun.

Not sure if Shin Megami is the same...but pretty sure they still use mythological creatures/demons.

That sounds really neat actually. I think I'm going to get it. I can put that $30 toward a game like the new Zelda as well--save myself some money down the road, as I'm definitely not finished buying 3DS games this year.

SMT/Persona games are also very very hard. SMT games especially, as it's very possible you can be killed before your first turn in some battles if you're ill-prepared. Suffice to say I've seen the Game Over screen of SMT: Nocturne more than a few times.

There's also awesome storytelling in the SMT/Persona line. Arguably the best in gaming full stop.

Game AIs piss me off when I've gotta play on a team with them. These fucking guys in New Star Soccer. If you would stop running towards the ball every time you'd catch these passes! They are going right to you but ooooh you hit your head on it, and it's probably because you had your head hit by every other ball, you fucking retard.

I have lost a lot of games due to this.

Game AIs piss me off when I've gotta play on a team with them. These fucking guys in New Star Soccer. If you would stop running towards the ball every time you'd catch these passes! They are going right to you but ooooh you hit your head on it, and it's probably because you had your head hit by every other ball, you fucking retard.

I have lost a lot of games due to this.

Yeah, I played that game a lot on Kongregate. Worse is when they basically get in the way of shots, and then completely miss entirely.

It is on Kongregate too, unintentional hilarity of energy drinks eventually costing more than a house aside.

The idiot AI can ruin your shit badly though, especially if you're like a low-level team facing someone like, say, Chelsea and thus you only get one moment on goal blocked by your own idiot teammate, despite that you made some key midfield passes but no, only 4.1 rating for you.

Oh, and invest in some horses when you can.

Yeah, I know it's on Kongregate, I played it tons on there before I got a tablet. And yeah, I kind of hate getting shit ratings in games where I put three hearts but only got three chances the whole game, two of which were in the final two minutes so I have to make wild shots if we're even going to have a hope of tying.

Soooo... Rob Van Dam and Neil Patrick Harris have voice acting parts in Saints Row IV.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/15/4526488/saints-row-4-voice-cast-comic-con

Something else from that article..posted in the comments...spoilers I guess? I dunno since their advertising it..

https://twitter.com/SaintsRow/status/357166403159216128

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Yeah, I know it's on Kongregate, I played it tons on there before I got a tablet. And yeah, I kind of hate getting shit ratings in games where I put three hearts but only got three chances the whole game, two of which were in the final two minutes so I have to make wild shots if we're even going to have a hope of tying.

Yeah, the only time I even consider passing it is if I either don't have any kind of clear shot at goal or if I'm doing a close free kick. Otherwise I'm more like "43 yards out, huh? No wind? Okay guys, stay back. Your boy Loco Davis got this."

Best game on Android currently.

Pfft, Crazy Taxi just came out. Original soundtrack and everything.

Yeah... given that I have played this game for over a year now and never get tired of it, I'm giving it to New Star Soccer. Even games I really really love I eventually put down.

When I played New Star Soccer, I managed to work my way to Arsenal where I was their best player. They promptly sold me to a Conference North side.