General Gaming Thread

TKz

To be fair, I've not played NSS, I just love Crazy Taxi. I hear it's good, but I'm not a huge football fan. I have FM13 on my Nexus and barely play it. I did download Pocket League Story 2 last week, since I have been a fan of Kairosoft games, but I've yet to try it.

I'm not a huge soccer fan, either. Also, Ellis, you don't have to take trades. I've at least never been forced to go to another team. I generally either just want to win titles on another continent or I fuck up the negotiation game enough that I decide it's too much trouble to win the boss over again and just transfer to another team. At year ends you can basically spam that until you get all five.

One of my favorite things is bringing up a team from a lower rank up to the top. Might have to do that in England one time. Bournemouth hoooooooo!

Haha of course it is. It's firefly not serenity. No joss whedon to be seen here.

What?

Also, no matter the property, I just can't get excited about a trailer that reveals nothing about a game except that people have thought of it.

No love for a certain game released (in the UK) today? Dynasty Warriors 8 was released in the uk today and I managed to get a copy from my local GAME store :D. Been playing through it all morning/Afternoon and it's pretty good, not much different from DW7 though. Anyone else got it?

Edited by Millsybeast

Haha of course it is. It's firefly not serenity. No joss whedon to be seen here.

What?

Also, no matter the property, I just can't get excited about a trailer that reveals nothing about a game except that people have thought of it.

Well yeah...that's why the firefly movie was called serenity in the first place. Fox owns firefly rights.

Even says fox in trailers.

What is "Haha of course it is" even in reference to? What, Joss Whedon would never make a mobile game, so therefore we should obviously assume it was a non-Whedon production?

I can't get sexually excited anymore.

No love for a certain game released (in the UK) today? Dynasty Warriors 8 was released in the uk today and I managed to get a copy from my local GAME store :D. Been playing through it all morning/Afternoon and it's pretty good, not much different from DW7 though. Anyone else got it?

People love Dynasty Warrior games? what the actual hell...

Also, what would there be to discuss about it?

"I picked this Chinese warrior dude with a crazy weapon, ran into an army of non-existant AI and killed them all. Now I'm going to do this again for the next 20 hours until I get bored."

• Like 2

What?Also, no matter the property, I just can't get excited about a trailer that reveals nothing about a game except that people have thought of it.

Well yeah...that's why the firefly movie was called serenity in the first place. Fox owns firefly rights.Even says fox in trailers.

What is "Haha of course it is" even in reference to? What, Joss Whedon would never make a mobile game, so therefore we should obviously assume it was a non-Whedon production?

No...you should assume its not whedon by the fact it says FOX on it.

And one thing fix loves to do is make firefly as horribly received as possible.

Meaning "haha, of course its a mobile game. Just another fuck you quick cash grab rather than building something quality for it."

Maybe you don't know Fox's legacy with firefly, but not showing the first episode until last, switching around their order and times show on a weekly basis... Fox never supported this show at all.

Since it's on PS+ and it's sequel is out next month, I tried Saints Row 3. About four hours in and I'm not seeing the love. The pacing is all over the place, the characters are one dimensional, and the only thing that's really appealing to me is the customisation. Even the shooting mechanics feel clunky (though the melee mechanic of diving at somebody and plunging them into concrete witn a DDT will never get old), and in a game like that it's usually a killer. It just feels really unpolished, but I'm hoping it gets better.

The whole franchise is unpolished, that's part of its charm, that kind of rough and ready aspect. I was drawn to it earlier in the series because of the customisation and what a let down GTA4 was in that regard. It was never supposed to be a deep, serious story, the plot's basically just an excuse for you to fuck around and mess up the city. It's certainly the black sheep of the family, but I really enjoyed it. That sequence at the beginning where you jump off the skyscraper and Kanye's Power kicks in was just awesome.

• Like 1

Yeah, but it's zany for the sake of zany. Its best qualities can also be its worst qualities. The Saints Row series has always been one that you have to know what you're getting into, which may be why four is getting such initial love.

The two can co-exist, but GTA V will have an easier time poking its nose into SR's territory than vice versa.