General Gaming Thread

TKz

In TKz doesn't hate something news; Persona 4 is great fun! I'm still a bit worried it won't keep my interest until the end, but I just reached April 29th! I'll put what's going on in spoilers, but I've just finished my first dungeon.

I saved Yumiko! But holy shit, I didn't mange my time well I don't think. I was doing a lot of social stuff instead of grinding and I think that hurt me. I also only fused one Persona but that ended up being a good enough one. Shadow Yumiko was a

bitch! I finally reached her on the last day after going through two floors and had fuck all healing items, barely any SP and nothing to restore it with. I really need some items that restore SP stockpiled. That was a fucking tense battle, I barely managed it in the end. First time in a long time I've felt so challenged by a JRPG. Love it. Any suggestions for what to focus on now? Should I try and level up some more? It seems like Yumiko is like, 2 levels higher, maybe I was underleveled?

In TKz doesn't hate something news; Persona 4 is great fun! I'm still a bit worried it won't keep my interest until the end, but I just reached April 29th! I'll put what's going on in spoilers, but I've just finished my first dungeon.

I saved Yumiko! But holy shit, I didn't mange my time well I don't think. I was doing a lot of social stuff instead of grinding and I think that hurt me. I also only fused one Persona but that ended up being a good enough one. Shadow Yumiko was a

bitch! I finally reached her on the last day after going through two floors and had fuck all healing items, barely any SP and nothing to restore it with. I really need some items that restore SP stockpiled. That was a fucking tense battle, I barely managed it in the end. First time in a long time I've felt so challenged by a JRPG. Love it. Any suggestions for what to focus on now? Should I try and level up some more? It seems like Yumiko is like, 2 levels higher, maybe I was underleveled?

Ruki comes in with Persona advice shocker....

First off, her name is Yukiko! :angry:

Secondly, yeah, you were probably pretty underleveled. You should be at about or just above her. So, now what should you do? Level up! Gain some persona's, fuse some persona's (hopefully into social links that you already have leveled so they become more powerful). The main story won't progress for a few days, so you have time to go into the TV World and fuck shit up.

Also, there is an optional boss where you fought Shadow Yukiko. At your level, he is a HUGE pain in the ass, but you get a pretty decent weapon for Yukiko for beating him.

You should be doing social links, but you should also be leveling up. It's a balancing act! If you take a day or two to run around the top levels and get up a few levels, you should be good.

BUT I HAVE A JOB AND ME AND THE GIRL FROM DRAMA CLUB HAVE GOTTEN CLOSE AND WHAT ABOUT THAT KID AT DAYCARE WHO DOESN'T LIKE HIS MUM!?

I like that I have little free time to do things lately and spend a fair part of that free time playing a game that's entirely about not having enough time to do things. Also how long should I wait to Fuse personas? I don't want to lose my first one, but I feel like I should probably wait until it's learned all of it's skills and then do it anyway? And how do I go about having more money for items that give me back HP and SP, because holy fuck that shit costs a lot.

BUT I HAVE A JOB AND ME AND THE GIRL FROM DRAMA CLUB HAVE GOTTEN CLOSE AND WHAT ABOUT THAT KID AT DAYCARE WHO DOESN'T LIKE HIS MUM!?

I like that I have little free time to do things lately and spend a fair part of that free time playing a game that's entirely about not having enough time to do things. Also how long should I wait to Fuse personas? I don't want to lose my first one, but I feel like I should probably wait until it's learned all of it's skills and then do it anyway? And how do I go about having more money for items that give me back HP and SP, because holy fuck that shit costs a lot.

I didn't pay much attention to jobs...the girl from drama club was terrible, and I never met the kid!

Ideally, once your persona learns it's final skill. but sometimes the last skill isn't great, or the persona is underleveled compared to the current monsters, then you can/should fuse them early. Hell, most of the time I only had 2-3 persona's that I liked (one for strength, others for magic/healing), and only used the other ones to fuse bigger and better Persona's. Don't feel like you need to level up every single one, otherwise you're gonna be spending a LOT of time doing that.

For money, that comes with grinding.

Also, remember to 'save' your Persona's with Margaret in the velvet room. That way if you ever want to re-use a Persona to fuse with something else, it will be at the highest level you had it + all those fancy skills.

Also, the best social links to raise? The one with the investigation team. They gain abilities as their social links rank up, and at level 10 their persona's 'evolve'

Do they get the ability to have multiple personas too at some point? Kinda sucks only being able to adjust to a situation when it's my characters turn and just dealing with the rest of them.

Do they get the ability to have multiple personas too at some point? Kinda sucks only being able to adjust to a situation when it's my characters turn and just dealing with the rest of them.

Sadly, no. They get things where they take a mortal blow for you, or help people knocked down, and somethign else I think.

Also! Have you changed the tactics so you can control your party members?

For those who have played Uncharted 3, is there monsters in that one too like there have been in the prior 2? I love these games but zombie creatures and demon yetis have been my least favorite thing about the prior 2.

Demon yeti's were awesome :(

Yes, there's something similar, but they're basically only on the last level IIRC.

I don't know if this is particularly cheap or nationwide but my local Asda is selling Max Payne 3 on PS3 and Xbox for £7 brand new if anyone still wants to play it.

It is/was a fiver in Tesco recently.

And in other news, Love film are stopping game rentals.

For those who have played Uncharted 3, is there monsters in that one too like there have been in the prior 2? I love these games but zombie creatures and demon yetis have been my least favorite thing about the prior 2.

You're not one of those "its a really fun game and then suddenly zombies pop up out of nowhere and its shit" people are you? My mate swears the games are like that, ignoring the fact that the monsters are built up from the very beginning, are very much a part of the genre that the games belong to and actually provide some variety. But, you know, he's wrong.

• Like 1

"its a really fun game and then suddenly zombies pop up out of nowhere and its shit" is a pretty great description for Saints Row 3 TBF.