General Gaming Thread

TKz

I was having a giggle in GAME today caus they had some ad for it playing over the speakers. "The NAZIS have risen to power and only BJ Blascovitch (sp?) can turn back time to stop them, fighting deadly shock troopers and evil NAZIS!"

Wolfenstein is fantastic guys! Story is wonderful, really enjoyed what I played. First time in ages I've not wanted to take a break from a game after an hour or so.

Only downside is that I was silly enough to pick AMD last time I upgraded my graphics card and it's pretty poorly optimized for it. :( If anyone's thinking about picking it up on PC, I'd suggest console if that's an option, unless you've an nVidia card. This would've been a really good choice for my first PS4 purchase.

Definitely recommend it so far, it reminds me of Bioshock Infinite, but with more exploration and better gun mechanics. Better gameplay in general, really.

What platform did you pick it up on? I've haven't looked too much into the game at the moment, but a friend of mine put on Facebook that the 360 graphics weren't great and it used 4 discs.

Wolfenstein is fantastic guys! Story is wonderful, really enjoyed what I played. First time in ages I've not wanted to take a break from a game after an hour or so.

Only downside is that I was silly enough to pick AMD last time I upgraded my graphics card and it's pretty poorly optimized for it. :( If anyone's thinking about picking it up on PC, I'd suggest console if that's an option, unless you've an nVidia card. This would've been a really good choice for my first PS4 purchase.

Definitely recommend it so far, it reminds me of Bioshock Infinite, but with more exploration and better gun mechanics. Better gameplay in general, really.

Does it play like Infinite? Like I mean I'm always worried about getting stuck on FPS games but I finished Infinite

'Discovered' Project Zomboid which is on sale at the humble store for like 12 bucks? https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Man it's fun, even in Alpha, sometimes brutal/punishing gameplay, but the satisfaction of securing my first proper safehouse (walled in with good farming space) was unbelievable. I don't play video games that much these days besides LoL, but this is probably the first game since Skyrim came out that I actually couldn't turn off... can't wait for NPCs etc.

Haha I know, but i've only just started playing it so that part doesn't bother me :P Plus it's a low budget indie release so development out of alpha etc. is always going to be slow (see: every indie game ever), but it's still a lot of fun if you're into the zombie-survival genre - even in its unfinished state. They've recently augmented the cooking system, and added fishing, with trapping to come soon down the line also.

Besides, great game to have on shit pc or macs you may have lying around since the specs are so damn low.

Which card have you got TKz? I have a 7950 and never had a problem with optimisation.

7970, seen other complaints about it too. I wonder if it might be more to do with my processor being a bit old (i5 2310), but I have no idea about installing processors so I'm scared to buy a new one. >_>

A lot of people seem to have the same complaints, weird FPS lag for no reason. What settings are you playing on?

Right? It's so good! The story is so weirdly well written, but has the perfect amount of goofy stuff to make it fun. A cool little thing I experienced tonight: there's a sex scene and they don't feel the need to fill the entire screen with boobs and play it for like 2 minutes straight! I know that's a weird thing to mention, but after Metro: Last Light, it's pretty refreshing to see a little subtlety. >_>

And the combat is so much fun. First time in forever I've really enjoyed an FPS' single player combat, rather than it feeling repetitive and boring.

I'm also not usually one to read lore scattered through games, but I can't help but read all those newspaper clippings. The alternate history stuff is a ton of fun.

In the bit that I have played the exploration has been far more than I would've ever guessed AND it's been rewarding. I saw reviews bitching about the item pickup system - but it works on all fronts as far as I'm concerned. Having to push a button to pick stuff up isn't all that terrible, and makes it worth it to slow down and look around - the whole game is beautiful. Loot hints can also be disabled so, that's another moot point that I've seen in two reviews.

Going to play this as long as I can tonight. It's pretty amazing.