General Gaming Thread

TKz

I think he means he wants the big story mode, like Attitude or 30 Years of WM to focus on the Ruthless Aggression period... Which is like the dullest period ever for WWE, but different strokes, I suppose.

• Like 3

What the hell would NXT mode be anyway? "Play through the evolution of FCW into WWE NXT, the developmental proving grounds of future WWE stars!" That would be riveting. Relive the FCW debut show! Play as young Jake Hager winning the FCW heavyweight championship! :shifty:

Guessing it might be like the UFC career mode where you start out in a smaller MMA league before getting the UFC contract offer. Start in NXT, create-a-wrestler, wrestle there, then get brought to the main roster.

And he who finds the cave of JTG, will be granted eternal life... Should he choose the correct JTG...

It could be okay doing the NXT to WWE thing, so long as it's different what happens each time. If you come up, become buds with a random character, tag with them, they turn on you... and it's just the same every time, that'll be boring as hell. But if they put some effort into it, make it so there's a ton of branching paths, it could be great. Make it respond to your actions rather than you play through a linear story and they throw you the odd choice.

• Like 1

I don't really game anymore. Which is a shame. I sometimes play on my laptop, even more rarely I play something on a console. I miss it, but I rarely have time and increasingly can't be bothered to play when I do have time.

But I miss it, and in times of doing very little around the house, I'm bored. So it's my birthday in June and I was asked what I wanted for my birthday.

I'm currently thinking reading device, tablet or handheld console.

Should I consider a Vita or a 2/3DS? Are they worth it? Fun? Good game variety? They do anything else of use?

I don't really game anymore. Which is a shame. I sometimes play on my laptop, even more rarely I play something on a console. I miss it, but I rarely have time and increasingly can't be bothered to play when I do have time.

But I miss it, and in times of doing very little around the house, I'm bored. So it's my birthday in June and I was asked what I wanted for my birthday.

I'm currently thinking reading device, tablet or handheld console.

Should I consider a Vita or a 2/3DS? Are they worth it? Fun? Good game variety? They do anything else of use?

2ds is fun. Good selection of games, and compatible with a range of Nintendo console games, including 3ds. Nefariously acquiring and playing games is relatively cheap and easy, so opens up a huge back catalogue at low-ish price.

Vita probably has the most extra features compared to 3DS, unless you're really into NES games. But the 3DS arguably has a much, much better catalogue of actual games. Stuff like Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default. If you're a Nintendo guy, I'd say the 3DS will do you well. Plus you can play all of the old DS games too.

Vita is definitely better if you're more of a Sony guy for past generations, though. The PSX games you can get for £3, PSP games, PS2 HD Remakes (MGS 2/3/Peace Walker, FFX/X-2) and the odd decent Vita game, like LBP Vita, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway. If you're already a PS+ person, there's a ton of free games you can pick up for it too, like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. There's also a ton of indie games coming for it that'll be new to you if you've not played any of the big PC indie hits.

Of the two, now I've finished Bravely Default and Pokemon, I've mostly played my Vita. But that really just comes down to my preference of games and the fact they keep giving me free ones for my Vita. >_>

I really liked L.A Noire.. I thought it was really good, apart from the glitching but It's a shame we're not getting any sequel.

The one thing that bugged me about LA Noire is that it can be awfully pedantic about what evidence refutes what statements.

"I was at the watchmaker's picking up my broken watch at 6PM."

"We have a copy of a hotel sign-in sheet that proves you were in a hotel 25 miles away from the watchmaker's at 6PM!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't have to do with my watch, so that doesn't prove anything!"

• Like 2

If you liked LA Noir maybe Law & Order Legacies is a game for you. It´s by Tell Tale and never got to much attention. It´s more or less five Episodes of Law & Order created for the game, Original voice cast and all. There is no driving around the City but it sort of has similar Interview Mechanics to solve a case and you get to look around for clues as well. And in court you can even have a little bit Ace Attorney like gameplay. It´s by no means perfect on the technical side but it´s nice because you got a these short story driven episodes instead of gameplay that has you kill stuff for hours.

Taking things to the next level would be getting The Walking Dead by TellTale. It won over 80 game of the year awards. They still had some glitches on the technical side but you get 5 episodes that are very Storydriven and last about 1-2 hours each. It´s just a cool concept for people that don´t have the time to grind games like they did when the workday ended with school.

I liked Back to the Future. Being a TellTale game, it had a few minor technical foibles when it came to frame rate and interface issues, but it had plenty of humour and used the source material well. If you've only played The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, be aware that Back to the Future is more of a traditional point-and-click-adventure game, but the puzzles are never too baffling and the story and interactivity with the game world still take centre stage.

I haven't played Jurassic Park, but it didn't get particularly good reviews when it was released. It's apparently little more than a linear series of quick-time events, but if you're a fan of the films and that sort of thing doesn't bother you, that's probably less of a stumbling block than it might otherwise be.

I really liked L.A Noire.. I thought it was really good, apart from the glitching but It's a shame we're not getting any sequel.

The one thing that bugged me about LA Noire is that it can be awfully pedantic about what evidence refutes what statements.

"I was at the watchmaker's picking up my broken watch at 6PM."

"We have a copy of a hotel sign-in sheet that proves you were in a hotel 25 miles away from the watchmaker's at 6PM!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't have to do with my watch, so that doesn't prove anything!"

The problem I had with LA Noire was that they changed what the interrogation stuff was."Coax", "Force", and "Lie", rather than "Truth", "Doubt" and "Lie". The options make WAY more sense when you look at them like that.

I liked Back to the Future. Being a TellTale game, it had a few minor technical foibles when it came to frame rate and interface issues, but it had plenty of humour and used the source material well. If you've only played The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, be aware that Back to the Future is more of a traditional point-and-click-adventure game, but the puzzles are never too baffling and the story and interactivity with the game world still take centre stage.

I haven't played Jurassic Park, but it didn't get particularly good reviews when it was released. It's apparently little more than a linear series of quick-time events, but if you're a fan of the films and that sort of thing doesn't bother you, that's probably less of a stumbling block than it might otherwise be.

I liked Jurassic Park myself. Though yeah, there's not as much puzzle solving (though there is some) than in other TellTale games. The story is pretty fun too. Without spoiling anything, it's basically taking place parallel to the first movie, and involves a certain can of shaving cream...

Also, if any of you haven't played the TellTale Sam and Max games, you really should fix that. Try to play them in order though because the later seasons reference characters and puzzles from the earlier ones.

Edited by OctoberRavenO