General Gaming Thread

TKz

Again, I'll point out that on PC I've never had a problem getting into a lobby and there's always plenty of people playing. There's still active communities for it as well. I can imagine it's just as filled on Xbone, where there's fuck all else to play. I'm not really sure where these reports are coming from, but unless they're from the Respawn, I'd take them with a grain of salt. It's not got the level of activity of Call of Duty, but it also doesn't have the decade long in-built user base...

And are you serious, EddieG? It was literally fucking everywhere. I like the game and I was sick of seeing it advertised.

Yes, serious, but I've also just realized the XBone isn't even out here until September so that might have something to do with it.

To be fair, that may be due to a.) a new influx of players since the game has started being included with the XBone and/or b.) a good matchmaking system.

I wouldn't call Titanfall a failure by any means. I don't think it will be the juggernaut title MS wants it to be, but they've still got Destiny and the inevitable Halo to look forward to.

For you history buffs, I think we can safely say Peggle 2 = Geometry Wars in terms of that quirky title that winds up selling far more systems than anyone hoped.

Friend of mine is selling his One with Creed: Black Flag and the 32" TV he got for it for $450. Reaaallly hoping I could make payments on that bad boy, because the Bone has sneakily built up a cadre of games I'd like to play (Forza, Garden Warfare, Titanfall, alongside all the sports games sans The Show).

Edit: Dude wants $450 for the TV, Black Flag, and the One. I don't need the TV or Assassin's Creed, so I looked up the value of a 32" LED TV and AC:BF, took that off his price and offered him $275. No dice, which I understand. Hell of a bundle deal, though, considering he paid $500 for the Bone alone.

To be fair, that may be due to a.) a new influx of players since the game has started being included with the XBone and/or b.) a good matchmaking system.

I wouldn't call Titanfall a failure by any means. I don't think it will be the juggernaut title MS wants it to be, but they've still got Destiny and the inevitable Halo to look forward to.

For you history buffs, I think we can safely say Peggle 2 = Geometry Wars in terms of that quirky title that winds up selling far more systems than anyone hoped.

Friend of mine is selling his One with Creed: Black Flag and the 32" TV he got for it for $450. Reaaallly hoping I could make payments on that bad boy, because the Bone has sneakily built up a cadre of games I'd like to play (Forza, Garden Warfare, Titanfall, alongside all the sports games sans The Show).

Edit: Dude wants $450 for the TV, Black Flag, and the One. I don't need the TV or Assassin's Creed, so I looked up the value of a 32" LED TV and AC:BF, took that off his price and offered him $275. No dice, which I understand. Hell of a bundle deal, though, considering he paid $500 for the Bone alone.

Give him the 450 and arrange for a sale of the TV and game. Sell them and use the cash to buy his stuff. Its called middleman.

Trailer for the new Call of Duty game. I kinda hate to admit but it looks awesome

I dunno, I've been beyond bored of the Call of Duty single player for years now. Taking it up to 11 on the future crazy stuff is exactly the kind of thing that'll get me to play five minutes before I realize it's the same old QTE corridor shooter and stop.

At least this year I won't be making the mistake of buying it on PC! Where the game is forever broken.

If it was a film I would be all over it, but I'm totally over Call of Duty as a game these days. I've not really been a fan of the multiplayer since as far back as Call of Duty 2, but Ghosts bored me so much that I didn't even finish the Campaign.

Goldeneye. Still holds up quite well.

No Mercy & WM2000 are arguably more fun than a lot of their modern contemporaries, as well.

Strangely, I never liked any of the sports games that came out for the 64. The SNES was the last Nintendo console that had sports games I loved.

Just seeing these reports of Destiny having a budget of $500m and needing to potentially sell 15-16m copies just to break even, it kinda feels like stating the obvious but man that has the potential to crash hard. I know it's meant to be a big long term franchise though so maybe things will be easier once they use this initial launch to establish a fan base and I guess they do have all of that Call of Duty money to fall back on so it's not like this is going to kill them or anything. Still, that's an outrageous budget.

Goldeneye. Still holds up quite well.

No Mercy & WM2000 are arguably more fun than a lot of their modern contemporaries, as well.

Strangely, I never liked any of the sports games that came out for the 64. The SNES was the last Nintendo console that had sports games I loved.

I really loved NFL Quarterback Club 2000.