General Gaming Thread

TKz

Where's the mixed reviews? I see nothing but bad ones.

And shit, seriously Splinter Cell, what the fuck is it about Europe that needs another 3 days to release it? Stupid shit like this is why people torrent.

The NHL demo that released today is a little strange. After playing quite a bit of NHL 13 in the past couple of weeks before trading it in, it's fair to say I saw very few fights. Probably zero in fact.

In the demos play now mode, which is one 5 minute (real time) period between Boston and Chicago, I engaged in two fights which seemed to happen automatically and saw a few more scuffles happening elsewhere which didn't seem to kick off because a fight was already breaking out elsewhere. They just seem to happen at the drop of a hat, or more specifically, the drop of one of the opposing players by me. And for anyone who played 13 with me and knows that checking happens to me my primary form of defence, I dread to think of how many fights there'd be in 14 if I were to play, at least before tinkering with the sliders. I guess it might be extreme circumstances though caus I guess that's a re-creation of a playoff game so players are probably on edge and looking to get any form of advantage. It was cool to see me wipe someone out and have his team mate immediately come up and throw down.

The fighting system is different too, no longer first person (not sure if you can switch to it somehow) and you can throw some sweet uppercuts. I really fucked one guys eye up.

The NHL demo that released today is a little strange. After playing quite a bit of NHL 13 in the past couple of weeks before trading it in, it's fair to say I saw very few fights. Probably zero in fact.

In the demos play now mode, which is one 5 minute (real time) period between Boston and Chicago, I engaged in two fights which seemed to happen automatically and saw a few more scuffles happening elsewhere which didn't seem to kick off because a fight was already breaking out elsewhere. They just seem to happen at the drop of a hat, or more specifically, the drop of one of the opposing players by me. And for anyone who played 13 with me and knows that checking happens to me my primary form of defence, I dread to think of how many fights there'd be in 14 if I were to play, at least before tinkering with the sliders. I guess it might be extreme circumstances though caus I guess that's a re-creation of a playoff game so players are probably on edge and looking to get any form of advantage. It was cool to see me wipe someone out and have his team mate immediately come up and throw down.

The fighting system is different too, no longer first person (not sure if you can switch to it somehow) and you can throw some sweet uppercuts. I really fucked one guys eye up.

I imagine they exaggerated the frequency of fights to show off the new features. Skating seemed a lot better than last year's effort and I like the new deking control. It'll take a while to get used to, but it seems more intuitive to keep it off the right stick away from the shooting control. Incidental contact seems to be improved too, guys aren't glued to the puck as much.

It's awesome there's DLC, but I really wanted a sandbox mode to be added more than anything else. XCOM with no end and no final boss area, just a constant struggle to survive? That'd be fucking sweet.

Yes, some kind of endless survival mode would be nice. I like the way that Civilization V allows you to continue playing after one of the victory conditions has been met, so I'd have liked to see them doing something that took away the key storyline missions (or at least the last one) and let you keep going for as long as you can.

xcom expansion is comming.

Kristopher Dean It's a stand alone expansion pack. Priced at forty dollars for xbox and playstation. Comes with a new soldier class, the mech. A new grenade called the needler. Forty new map locations. It's gonna be awesome. Also said that troops may be able to speak their actual language according to country.

Random guy at facebook

I'm so fucking psyched, despite finding every other Lego game boring. I'm just such a Marvel fanboy that I can't wait to unlock every obscure character possible.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

I find Marvel an almost infinite more times interesting than DC so.. fucking awesome.

REALLY glad the next generation of consoles is on the way. Getting tired of my damn 360 wireless adapter. Usually takes me unplugging it, plugging it back in, and praying. Just had to completely reset my router to get it to connect.

Gonna be pissed if it does this during GTA times.