General Gaming Thread

TKz

Picked up pre-owned copies of Saints Row The Third and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection the other day

Despite being able to tell objectively that ZOE has monotonous gameplay and a dreary paint-by-numbers anime cliché for a plot...I love it. I have no idea why. Maybe just the nostalgia of playing it 10+ years ago? (Buying the original purely because it had the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo!) Although I seem to remember that the second game has a bit more fun/varied gameplay...and you don't play as Leo "wet as an otter's pocket" Steinbuck, so BONUS.

SR3...well I'd not played a SR game before and picked up 3 since it was much cheaper than 4. Hardly done much at all and already more fun than any GTA since Vice City.

Eddie Ruckus is the best! he sent me Rogue Legacy! :wub:

Prepare for 100 hours of constant death. I kinda love Legacy, but it's definitely not a game to play constantly for a while. It's slow progression over like an hour of play every now and then. Which is kinda awesome.

Rogue Legacy is a game I really want for that reason, yeah.

Also oh man we're getting closer and closer to killing Ruki on GTA Online. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUKI

I think I'll play more of it when it comes out on Vita and I can play it on the go and as entertainment for half an hour at work. Still awesome though, I got pretty sidetracked when I started playing Castlevania for the first time, but it's easy to come back to, which is nice.

To answer your earlier question Ruki, about the conference.

They made a vita version of the ouya for 100 bucks, which pretty much crushes the ouya and apparently the ROKU, though Ive less experience with that.

New vita 2.0 features lighter and thinner models by 20%, different usb and from what I can tell though cant confirm, a slightly less powerful screen. Still HD, just not the one vita has.

Tons of games that looked great but most are japan only, so...yeah.

PS4 will use vita in a way that WiiU does its screen but apparently... everywhere.

nifty stuff but a long way to go for the info. Oh! and Japan gets ps4 in feb. I guess they want to fight xbox hard then sit where they are strongest after.

I haven't even collected the 50 gold yet and the repeat dungeons are starting to get annoying <_<

ALSO! Stop with all the freaking side quests! I can't not do them right away!

I've only been playing this game for a few days and I already have 15 hours in it. Crazy!

Just now during the Football game a commercial came on for a new game. It started with what looked like a cool mission fighting people in space. I was excited! How did I not know about this sure to be hit? Then in big letters I saw it...

INFINITY WARD

I groaned, rolled my eyes, and turned away :(

Let's be honest here. Who plays COD for the story anymore?

I'm so sick of this defense. If it's that unimportant, why bother to make a story mode? If the put it in, they should be judged on it. And the multiplayer is overhyped bollocks, it's just a playground for twitchy teenagers.

• Like 2