General Gaming Thread

TKz

That's kind of weird.

I don't know how I feel about it. I might pick one up, to be honest, as I've never got round to getting the 3DS, and the 3D does nothing for me, but it is weird. And my DS has only been used for Tetris for the past three years anyway, and I'm fine with that.

I don't like the design, personally.

As for getting it? Probably not. No matter how much I want to play Fire Emblem, it would be barely used. I have a DS that I don't touch as it is. Too busy playing Saints Row 4 and League of Legends, and soon, GTAV and Dragon Age 2 (I am a little behind on that).

And speaking of League of Legends, the end of season rewards have been announced! Which means I have until October 31st to get my ass out of bronze if I want awesome wards skins. I am about 40-ish LP away from another promo series out of Bronze 1.

Well, I can't afford it anyway at the moment, but once I'm done with Xenoblade, that's pretty much me done with gaming, aside from helping out my girlfriend on the odd bit here and there. I own a Wii, DS, Dreamcast and Mega Drive, and I'm not in a hurry to buy any other consoles. I'd be more likely to pick up a 2DS than a PS4 or X-Box One any time soon, though.

So, EWB, I think I need your help and this seemed the best place to ask.

As a kid I use to watch my friends play a chess game on the PC. (This would be about 97 - 99). It wasnt like other chess games though, because if you landed on/tried to take your opponents piece, rather then just straight away getting it, you'd have another mini battle, and the winning piece survived. Each piece had its own powers and the like.

Anyone remember what it was called by any chance?

So, EWB, I think I need your help and this seemed the best place to ask.

As a kid I use to watch my friends play a chess game on the PC. (This would be about 97 - 99). It wasnt like other chess games though, because if you landed on/tried to take your opponents piece, rather then just straight away getting it, you'd have another mini battle, and the winning piece survived. Each piece had its own powers and the like.

Anyone remember what it was called by any chance?

The closest games I can think of is either Battle Chess http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Chess (but this seems to be too early from what you are saying) or the Chess Kombat mini game in Mortal Kombat Deception? (but this one is too late based on that time frame)

Edited by theshadow

I got told Battle Chess, but it didn't look right. Like this one had mini-games where your pieces (based on what they were) could move around the screen and strike using different sorts of powers.

Found it. Thanks to my sister in law of all people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon:_The_Light_and_the_Dark