Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

'Slightly different' is inaccurate - Muslim rulers have entirely different game mechanics from Christian rulers in some areas, which was the whole point of keeping them out of the original game and doing a whole DLC for them. But yeah, if you're not that interested in playing as Muslim rulers (and not being able to was one of the biggest complaints when the game was initially released), you probably shouldn't worry about it too much.

'Slightly different' is inaccurate - Muslim rulers have entirely different game mechanics from Christian rulers in some areas, which was the whole point of keeping them out of the original game and doing a whole DLC for them. But yeah, if you're not that interested in playing as Muslim rulers (and not being able to was one of the biggest complaints when the game was initially released), you probably shouldn't worry about it too much.

I was more upset about not being able to play as Pagans. I want to heathen it up without the Catholics getting all butt hurt about it.

The silly thing is that there are quite a few blatantly GoT (and other popular fantasy/historical fiction series) influenced events in the game, like the one that's obviously supposed to be Bran.

The silly thing is that there are quite a few blatantly GoT (and other popular fantasy/historical fiction series) influenced events in the game, like the one that's obviously supposed to be Bran.

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

Not sure if it's really worth putting in spoilers, but just in case...

There's a random event that lets you push a child out of a window.

Wait, what?

Not sure if it's really worth putting in spoilers, but just in case...

There's a random event that lets you push a child out of a window.

Seriously?! COOL!

I've never seen that.

I don't think I can load saves, it either crashes straight back to Windows or if I don't use any mods then it lets me play for a few minutes before crashing. Is this because some of the mods are letting me play but won't load off a saved game? I am yet to play without mods and save and try that. I don't think it could be my system since it's basically brand new and all fancy. The mods were the nickname one and something else TEOL recommended earlier in the thread.

Also bought Sword of Islam using the 25% off code at Greenman Gaming. Started off with a war going on against the Byzantine Empire, suddenly everyone in the Islam world decided to turn on me. I had to stand down all of my vassals and realms troops for fear of further rebellions. Was crazy, especially since I picked him specifically because he was meant to be the easiest.

I don't think I can load saves, it either crashes straight back to Windows or if I don't use any mods then it lets me play for a few minutes before crashing. Is this because some of the mods are letting me play but won't load off a saved game? I am yet to play without mods and save and try that. I don't think it could be my system since it's basically brand new and all fancy. The mods were the nickname one and something else TEOL recommended earlier in the thread.

Also bought Sword of Islam using the 25% off code at Greenman Gaming. Started off with a war going on against the Byzantine Empire, suddenly everyone in the Islam world decided to turn on me. I had to stand down all of my vassals and realms troops for fear of further rebellions. Was crazy, especially since I picked him specifically because he was meant to be the easiest.

Some mods can be a little screwy like that, I think it's a matter of patches updating the game and removing the mod's compatibility which can mess with the save games.

Started a new game as Leinster. Original character was 71 when it started, so he died fairly quickly. Second character had a pretty long reign, until he died tragically when a balcony he was standing on collapsed. Pretty sure his wife orchestrated his murder.

Edit: Then my third character, who was 15, was pushed off a ledge by his regent, who also happened to be Chancellor. <_<

Edited by KevinStorm

My current game is as the Leinster family as well. Just united Ireland, bar Ulster, which is under an ally's control. Held a tournie in honour of uniting the country and Prince of Denmark, Steward of Ireland, Court Dwarf, Mikkel ended up winning. How exactly a dwarf with 7 in the military stat won, I don't know.

Well, the work they've done to keep the post-war period interesting works... ish. Started a game as Ned Stark in the Crowned Stag start date (post War of the Usurper) legitimised Jon, gave Banjen the Crow's Nest or Eye or w/e it's called after the then holder rebelled.

Catelyn doesn't like me cos I legitimised Jon, Stannis rebelled against Robert and then... didn't, dunno what happened there, it just said the war ended inconclusively.

Oh, and Cersei died of Gonorrea.

Well, the work they've done to keep the post-war period interesting works... ish. Started a game as Ned Stark in the Crowned Stag start date (post War of the Usurper) legitimised Jon, gave Banjen the Crow's Nest or Eye or w/e it's called after the then holder rebelled.

Catelyn doesn't like me cos I legitimised Jon, Stannis rebelled against Robert and then... didn't, dunno what happened there, it just said the war ended inconclusively.

Oh, and Cersei died of Gonorrea.

Eww, Jaime. Although it is fitting, I guess.

• Like 1

Yep.

And Stannis just rebelled again, whilst Robert (now known as 'the Stout') is imprisoning random people. First Balon Greyjoy, then some Stormlander. He tried a third who escaped and rebelled... and then accepted Robert's peace offer and went off meekly to prison without any sword being used in anger.

Weird.

Edit: Interestingly my castellan just died of gonorrea.