The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I'm suggesting it's outlandish though.

I'm not really, I would just be extremely surprised. He's still pretty much in his prime, aged 28, and if Spurs can't afford to keep him he could go any number of top clubs before he moved to New York. Man City might take him back and give him another go, he could go back to Real Madrid, or join someone like AC Milan. As regards points 2 & 3 HttK, they're not necessarily reasons which would suggest there's more chance of a player like Adebayor going there. And on #4, there is a chance he might get somewhat forgotten if he goes to the MLS for one year. Whereas if he's playing in a team in the Champions League then he's in the spotlight across the continent/globe.

Edited by AdamDRFC

Next NYRB DP will probably be Alessandro Nesta, which would make sense because they've outright stated they're interested in him, he's outright stated he's interested in MLS, and Red Bulls' biggest weakness has traditionally been defense.

I mean, there's always the chance that they finally come to their senses and get rid of Rafa Marquez that frees up a DP slot and like five million dollars, but at this point if they haven't figured out that he's a cancer on the team then they maybe never will.

I read a tweet from Paul Dalglish who said the MLS is a very difficult league on old players. Because the travelling conditions require you to be pretty damn fit.

But surely, the current conversation is 'the MLS is shit, Adebayor would never transfer there, because it is shit', which fulls under the banner of discussion about the upcoming transfer window?

Sorry, I never do this, don't hate me GoGo :(