European Football Thread

IAceI

It's a fight back that will last a year. SS5 is fucked without CL football.

I can't remember, did BT get the CL exclusively, or will there still be a few games on ITV?

Also, there's no reason why Sky shouldn't have bought the Portuguese league rights. It would have padded out the channel a bit.

Sky Sports 5 is a load of shit. The only content they've added is the Eredivisie, which nobody cares about. So it's "The Home of European Football" except for the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, the Portugese Premiera Liga, Europa League and from next year Champions League.

It's all a load of ridiculous and hollow marketing hype. I'm annoyed with their new layout too. The old system worked perfectly, now none of their numbered channels are corresponding with their numbers. But in return I get a shinier studio spinning me the same shite on "Sky SpN HQ HD" What the fuck was wrong with "Sky Sports News"? I'm actually looking forward to deadline day, at this rate they'll have Jim White arrive in on a dragon and read inane tweets from a 500ft touchscreen.

Sky is coming off as shit this year, they should spend less time throwing buzz words at us and playing with channels and more time actually adding sporting content.

• Like 1

at this rate they'll have Jim White arrive in on a dragon and read inane tweets from a 500ft touchscreen.

The Cool One, still hates dragons.

And yeah, I was gonna ask too if the Champions League final is one of those 'public interest' things that have to be shown for free like the FA Cup final, World Cup etc or whether it was just BT trying to earn brownie points. Seems it's the latter, as far as I can tell, the only football on that list other than the two I mentioned are the European Championship and the Scottish FA cup in Scotland.

• Admin

GK 1 Manuel Neuer ©
CB 17 Jérôme Boateng Booked 73'
CB 8 Javi Martínez Substituted off 31'
CB 27 David Alaba
RWB 34 Pierre Højbjerg Booked 45' Substituted off 59'
LWB 18 Juan Bernat
CM 20 Sebastian Rode
CM 16 Gianluca Gaudino
RW 25 Thomas Müller Substituted off 46'
LW 11 Xherdan Shaqiri
CF 9 Robert Lewandowski
Substitutes:
GK 22 Tom Starke
GK 23 Pepe Reina
DF 4 Dante Substituted in 31'
DF 21 Philipp Lahm Booked 85' Substituted in 46'
DF 28 Holger Badstuber
FW 14 Claudio Pizarro
FW 19 Mario Götze Substituted in 59'

• Admin

Valencia boss Nuno Santo thinks clubs' dressing rooms should be open to TV cameras as they are in American sports. Some FA Cup games in England have cameras in the changing rooms but it does not happen in the Premier League, La Liga or Champions League. "I think eventually it will happen," Nuno tells BBC World Football Show. "It's part of the sport. It's part of the show. Why not? It will be a big challenge to all of us. There are no secrets in football."