European Football Thread

IAceI

As I said on a Facebook page.. because he's completely going to be match fit and ready for the biggest match of the season a day after his suspension is over.

What did you say on a Facebook page? And why did Suarez's match fitness motivate you to say it?

.. the post above that? About El Clasico being a day after his suspension's over?

Real have already made £24m back on "10. James" shirt sales... crazy.

I'm not willing to accept this until Rich has come and given us some quick and dirty maths on the subject.

Assuming £50 a shirt that is 480,000 shirts sold, that's a lot of shirts.

• Like 1

Real have already made £24m back on "10. James" shirt sales... crazy.

I'm not willing to accept this until Rich has come and given us some quick and dirty maths on the subject.

Assuming £50 a shirt that is 480,000 shirts sold, that's a lot of shirts.

And that doesn't make allowances for the cost of manufacture, etc.

Shut up, this is Rich maths and does not consider such things.

Considering that is the exact way they put the info it out in to the world, as a gross sales figure not a net profit figure, I think you should consider being less of a bitch <_<

We just got Sky Sports put on and I'm looking at the listings for Sky Sports 5, just endless repeats of the same mid 00's Champions League finals involving English teams on a loop with the odd program listed as 'Figo', 'Van Basten', 'Gullit' etc thrown in.

Totally a channel that needed to exist. :shifty:

• Like 3

See if BT didn't have the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A then it'd make some sense.

But I don't see the point of a channel just for Spanish football, Dutch football and the Champions League whilst they still have it.

• Admin

Sky Sports 5 (which will have more content added to it as the season goes on, to be fair) is a nice little addition if you already have Sky, but it doesn't sell the package anymore if you don't already have it.

Also worth mentioning in here while we're at it that BT Sport have also acquired the rights to Portuguese football this season.