Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I'm hearing it's just going to Chronicle, but with the Fantastic Four. If that actually ends up happening, Josh Trank shouldn't be allowed to make a Star Wars film, as I imagine it will just be shot entirely from the perspective of R2-D2's holographic projector.

• Like 2

Maybe, maybe not. As disappointing as it is that Wright dropped out of it, there's still a lot of talented people involved and Marvel hasn't given me any reason to doubt them yet. That said, I could see it being their first misstep but less in a "wow that was terrible" and more of a "wow what a disappointing mess".

Yeah, I've still got my hopes. I liked Yes Man and I've got faith in Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Marvel to produce something great. I don't think we're going to see the first bad film (but then, I already think we've seen the first misstep in Thor: The Dark World), at worst it'll be another Marvel property like Iron Man 2/3 or TDW. Alright, but not remotely as good as their hits. Edgar Wright leaving doesn't bother me that much - I rate him as a director that can make a really great looking film that's a lot of fun, but I think for the most part what we'll lose is his specific flair. Which I'm not that bothered about.

I think one of my biggest concerns for the film is that I can't think of a remotely interesting villain for Ant-Man.

And yeah, complaining about The Thing model from pre-production not being orange is stupid. For starters, a bright orange thing will look ridiculous no matter what. (see: Fantastic Four, the film) A darker, more rock like appearance makes sense.

At this point, you should just forget the idea of this really being a Fantastic Four film in the way it would be if Marvel adapted it. It's going to be closer to Blade, where the characters and world are used as a base for whatever Trank is making. That could work, as much as I'd rather see an actual adaption. The thing that bothers me the most (ha, pun!) is that one kind of okay film seems like a lot to go on when giving someone a huge franchise.

I'm gutted about Wright leaving Ant-Man. He's never been someone I was all that interested in, but I was extremely interested in seeing a collaboration between Wright and Marvel. I get Marvel have their thing, but they definitely shouldn't be afraid of a director with flair and style. The more heroes they bring out, the more they're going to need to differentiate the films and their styles to stop things from seemingly slightly underwhelming. At the end of the day, an Ant-Man film without Edgar Wright will almost certainly makes as much money as one with Edgar Wright, but it could be the fallout of his departure which really puts the film in danger.

Okay, so I'm not massively into the comic books themselves, who's the floating guy in the top left of the big picture?

Vision

Not sure if it's really a spoiler but...

Ultron creates him out of J.A.R.V.I.S.

I like that WW costume. I'm so glad they went with a battle skirt instead of pants. I hope the colors are brighter in the movie though. I still don't think Gal is built like the way I prefer for WW to be built but the whole thing is pretty close to what I want a live action WW to look like

wonder-woman-new-frontier.jpg

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

I'm interested to see how the Maximoffs fit into Avengers, I know they are traditional members in the comics but I'm curious how they bring them in, especially since they apparently can't be referred to as mutants.

On Antman I recently listened to Richard Herring's podcast interview with Edgar Wright from around 2012/13, and he seemed quite excited about doing it, I'm a bit disappointed he won't get the chance. I'm praying they still use a fait chunk of Joe Cornish's script.

on the Maximoffs

I can't remember everything exactly, but they're seen in a post-credit sequence of Captain America(?) as young kids in a kind of laboratory. I can't really remember a lot of detail, or how they'll be integrated, but yeah.

on the Maximoffs

I can't remember everything exactly, but they're seen in a post-credit sequence of Captain America(?) as young kids in a kind of laboratory. I can't really remember a lot of detail, or how they'll be integrated, but yeah.

Yeah I think they called them Miracles in that but I hope that was just out of context and not what they're going to call mutants in the MCU because that is super cheesy.

Edited by livid

on the Maximoffs

Yeah I think they called them Miracles in that but I hope that was just out of context and not what they're going to call mutants in the MCU because that is super cheesy.

I actually like the name because it feels cheesy sure, but also feels grand. If you're introducing two new characters, calling them miracles establishes them as important quicker on than calling them merely 'special' or something similar imo