Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a comic book film with adult humor based around an X-Men character not named Wolverine.

As far as most business types would be concerned (and probably rightly so), there's no market for that kind of film.

Sure, it'd probably make some cash, but let's face it, a big portion of that Marvel money comes from kids.

It sucks, but it's not hard to see why it won't happen. If Ryan Reynolds was an actual name any more, he might've managed to make it happen. But I'm not sure anyone's taking his word for anything after Green Lantern.

I feel like a Deadpool movie requires a bigger budget than returns would warrant.

Hell, that was basically the plot of Deadpool: The Game and I'd say that's pretty much as close to any of us will see Deadpool starring in his own media outside of comics.

Am I just remembering through rose-tinted glasses, or did Blade actually do well financially? I feel like if Blade could be a success, that Deadpool sure as hell could be too, especially now with the superhero boom in full force.

A guy that looks like this, in the 90's, in a gritty action film...

Blade.jpg

Is forever a much easier sell than a guy that looks like this, in an R-Rated comedy film, ever

deadpool.jpg

It's just a different time. Even the darker comic films like Man of Steel are still made with PG in mind. No one wants to make an R-Rated comedy superhero film. Because why bother when you could make a PG one that'd make 10x as much money.

EDIT: Man, I've really turned this into the "TKz shits on your optimism" topic, huh? >_>

They did alright because they didn't cost a lot (45M, 55M, 65M respectively) but not well enough that Fox would want to do it, especially since they'd want to tie it in with the rest of their cinematic universe.

I was aware because I'm a huge fan of the series but I didn't know it was a Marvel comic until a couple of years ago when it was becoming clear Marvel would get the rights back.

I knew because he'd turn up in the 90's Spiderman cartoon every now and again to hunt Morbius. Man, that cartoon was the shit.

Also a cool (if dated) theme song.

True, but it doesn't hold a candle to X-Men's theme.

Also, I'd kill for that Deadpool movie. Or at least write very angrily on the internet about it.