Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought them because Cineplex lets me pay quickly with my bank account - I also aimed for the probably less popular but ten times smarter 2D option - most places should be fine until Friday but I like to buy early 'cause we've had a few instances where people were going to "wait" and they ended up having to split up or see the movies at different times.

I would always advance book things, whether they're opening day or not. But that may just be me.

Going to 6:20pm showing tomorrow... Looking online now, it seems as though barely one-third of the seats in the screen are taken. But then I guess that maybe 'normal' people just rock up and don't book in advance like me? (I say I guess, I have no idea.)

Glad that our Cineworld recently reintroduced assigned seating though. Prevents the mass queue/bundle and the need to get to there early so as not to be shafted!

I was just as hyped for Cap 2. <3 Winter Soldier.

I'm expecting this film to stroll comfortably into the level of superhero films I consider "A grade" (but not A+ grade) - so like Cap 1, X-Men First Class, etc.

Obviously if it comes out at Iron Man 2 / Thor TDW level I shall be disappointed.

And if it comes out at Hulk level I may just destroy something. :shifty:

THE DARK WORLD WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE I WILL CRUSH AND DESTROY YOUR PUNY BODY.

I have yet to see it for a second time, but was fairly meh on the original viewing. I should eventually give it a second go, but that would require me to buy it first and I am notoriously lazy at even buying films that I really want these days. :shifty:

• Like 1

GUYS! It's July 30th. So...

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY IS SO GOOD, YOU GUYS. I was entertained throughout the entire thing. There was doubt in my mind as to whether Chris Pratt could lead a cast yet, but no longer. He totally works out as the lead, and it doesn't hurt that he didn't have to stretch too far to portray the character. He's easing into leading man territory and doing it in the best possible way.

1. The movie is hilarious. Seriously, I was laughing at tons of stuff.

2. Batista is so much better than I thought he would be. He portrays Drax perfectly and hilariously. So great.

3. I feel like this is the role that Vin Diesel has been working towards his entire life. It was like watching Vin Diesel be the most genuine version of Vin Diesel he can be on screen, but like as a tree.

4. I missed the Nathan Fillion cameo because the make up is just soooooo good. Now that I have a better Idea of where to find him, I can point him out when I see it again sometime in the next couple of weeks.

5. I WANT TO SPOIL TALK WITH YOU GUYS BUT NOBODY HAS SEEN IT YET SO I AM SAD.

I'm pretty positive this is my favorite MCU movie. Then again, my previous favorite was Iron Man 3, so I dunno how that will go over with you guys.

• Like 7

I work for AMC Theatres and we had an employee showing of it last night and yeah, I agree with Ander...movie was really funny. In the MCU, i'm put it third behind Avengers and Iron Man 1. Really hope they can keep this up for GOTG with the sequel in 2017.

Yeah we only have choice of 3D on the opening day at least. I've got to the stage now where I'm usually not that bothered and will go to whichever type is on at the most suitable time for me.

Although if I didn't have a Cineworld Unlimited card and actually had to pay more for 3D films, this would quite swiftly change...

Potential money makers, they won't give that up. Are they linked to Fantastic Four rights? That's terrible if so.

Potential money makers, they won't give that up. Are they linked to Fantastic Four rights? That's terrible if so.

From what I understand, the rule is that Fox has access to anything Fantastic Four or X-Men related. That includes anything created now that's specifically an X-Men character. So, for example, despite being a recently introduced character, they could use Hope Summers for whatever they want, because she was introduced in the X-Books. I think the problem with something like Galactus comes from him being used in a film already, so they probably have exclusive rights to him on film. And it explains why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are fair game, no one's used them yet and there's a precedence for them in both franchises.

It's part of the rumored reason that Marvel is supposedly going to kill the Fantastic Four and X-Men comics. Personally, I don't buy it. Fantastic Four has had a pretty poor run that no one's reading because it's bad. If no one is reading it, of course they're going to cancel it. And X-Men has arguably more X titles running than Avengers, if you count solo stories like Cyclops and Magneto. It would explain to push for titles like Uncanny Avengers, though. Can't claim it's a new X-Men creation if it happens in a series titled "Avengers".

Really, I doubt they're bothered about the X-Men titles, because they've always been fairly self contained from the rest of the 616 universe. You don't really ever see Iron Man taking on Mr. Sinister, for example. All the X-Men villains are heavily rooted in X-Men stories, so they've rarely appeared without the X-Men. And those comics are some of their bigger money makers anyway.

Fantastic Four on the other hand, I can definitely see it. A lot of the cosmic sides of Marvel originated from Fantastic Four, with guys like Kang The Conqueror originally appearing in FF stories. And with it not selling very well at the moment, they're probably not too interested in rebooting it again. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't just split up the Four or killed some of them off, what with the massive shake up to some of their main characters already. Kill off Mr. Fantastic, throw the rest of the characters into various other titles. If Fantastic Four bombs and the rights revert, they can bring Reed back and sell like crazy.