Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but I think the Civil War movie could lead directly into World War Hulk. Thanos will be the big bad for the next Guardians of the Galaxy, I think. Maybe it ends on Earth and something bad happens leading into the Civil War arc. Hulk is banished in the end, leading to World War Hulk.

They've been known to change things in known story arcs to fit the MCU, I don't see why they couldn't take inspiration from that and do something that fits within the confines of a realistic self-contained universe. A lot of these movies could inadvertently lead to the Civil War scenario, and introduce the litany of superheroes needed for a plausible Civil War scenario. Pad the final Avengers movie out with some more new characters, and there you go.

Inhumans could start an entirely new and different MCU by that time.

/drugs :shifty:

Edited by tristy

Because Civil War barely makes sense in the MCU. None of the heroes actually have secret identities. The whole driving force behind Civil War is SHIELD trying to enforce a registration act, which pisses of heroes with secret identities who could have their details leaked and stolen, putting their family's in harms way. Which of the MCU characters even have families that aren't already famous heroes post-Winter Soldier? Hawkeye? Maybe?

And what would the catalyst for Civil War even be? There's not 30 groups of unsupervised teen heroes running around to accidently destroy a small town. The MCU just isn't big enough for the film to make sense. Fuck, it wouldn't make sense anyway, no one gives a shit about having a secret identity in the MCU. Not to mention SHIELD no longer exists - who's going to enforce this on them?

WHO KNOWS, MAN?! :P I'm just saying they could make it work, but it wouldn't really closely resemble anything close to the source material. I realize the Civil War movie is very unlikely, I'd just like to see it.

and Joaquin Phoenix supposedly as Dr. Strange, Because that's awesome. Either way, GotG will be the first MCU movie I've seen in theaters since Iron Man 1. Usually I can't justify seeing movies that cost near $13 to see. It's just not worth it. But Guardians sounds amazing so I've gotta see it. I'm excited for what I've heard (from Comic-Con) about the future of the MCU, moreso that I've ever been. Still dying to see the Avengers 2 footage show at Comic-Con.

I always wonder why people want to see sneak peaks and little footages of movies they are really anticipating. I try to stay as far away as possible from any of that. At most I watch the trailers.

Speaking of which, Hooked on a Feeling has been playing in my head for about 2 weeks now. I just can't get it out!

• Like 1

I cannot understand why people think Abengers 3 will be anything besides The Avengers vs an Infinity Gauntlet wielding Thanos. It's what they've been building to for years.

I'm on the 'Civil War just won't work' boat. ESPECIALLY missing the friggin' X-Men, Spiderman and Fantastic 4 arcs. Talk about changing it all you want, but it wouldn't even be recognizable as Civil War with all the concessions needed.. so why bother?

Yes, I also dislike any form of structural integrity in the various forms of entertainment media that I enjoy.

They can change whatever they like, but they simply cannot maintain the feel and essence of what made that story arc good. It requires something much larger than a movie, it's literally something that can only be done in something like a comic where you can have multiple stories running at the same time. It's bigger than any single title, it's massive and just... no. They can change whatever they like, but it won't suit the storyline.

Civil War wasn't that good. >_>

• Like 1

They have so many stories they can do without having to change the arcs, why do one where you have to make a bunch of changes?

• Like 3

They have so many stories they can do without having to change the arcs, why do one where you have to make a bunch of changes?

This. This so much. Especially when, as Maxx has noted, there are much more sensical ones that they have been building towards this whole time.

• Like 1

I don't see how the Civil War works at all without Spiderman. The X-Men aren't necessary, and the Fantastic Four are a big part of it but not essential. But without Spiderman, it doesn't really work. You need the big name costumed hero.

Yeah, I'm not sure people would react quite the same way. If anything, there'd probably just be calls for his death.

Also, there's test footage from the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool film floating around. It's awesome. Very CG heavy, but it's test footage, not that surprising.

http://io9.com/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-movie-test-footage-is-heartbreak-1612017335/all

Yea, heres a link to an article with it..and yea, its awesome

• Like 1