What super hero don't you actually like?

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Damian Wayne. He can fuck right off. He's the new Jason Todd, but with a dash of homicidal maniac.

Also, I'm okay with the way they're presenting Superman, but I understand why people don't like him.

One of the weirder ones for me has to be Hawkman. First, he's a reincarnation of an Egyptian god. Then, he's an extraterrestrial. And never, not even once, has he been at all interesting.

Also on the list is Daredevil. I've tried reading the books, but oddly enough, the Ben Affleck version (yes, comic fans shall crucify me) is the only one I've enjoyed. Even the Frank Miller stories just read wrong to me. The only time he's ever worked is in the Spidey comics, truth be told.

Actually fuck it - Superman is the god damn worst. I had a friend try to tell me that he's interesting because he has to "control his power" and he can't just go barreling through a building to save someone, etc. etc.

How in the name of God is that interesting? That's what pretty much every superhero has to do. If you write Superman into a corner though, you can just create some bullshit to get him out of it. That's not appealing in the least and anytime that they tried to make him more interesting or do something "different" it just turns out shitty too.

How can dislike Dr. Strange? :angry:

And what Srar said.

It's not just Dr Strange, I just mentioned Strange because, to me, he's THE magic hero; like I said, I don't care for magic-based heroes, just used Strange as an example. Could've said, I dunno, Daimon Hellstrom, Zatanna (OK, maybe not her, fishnets rule), Zatara, Brother Voodoo, Dr Druid... Whatever. Don't care for 'em.

Anyone who said Spiderman is dead to me. Not comic book dead where you come back 6 months later either. For reals dead! :crying:

Solidarity high-five!

Actually fuck it - Superman is the god damn worst. I had a friend try to tell me that he's interesting because he has to "control his power" and he can't just go barreling through a building to save someone, etc. etc.

How in the name of God is that interesting? That's what pretty much every superhero has to do. If you write Superman into a corner though, you can just create some bullshit to get him out of it. That's not appealing in the least and anytime that they tried to make him more interesting or do something "different" it just turns out shitty too.

Ugh yes. The only idea more idiotic than Electric Superman was Cable being re-powered by the internet.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

batman-quote-on-superman.jpg

The thing that makes Superman interesting is that he's basically a god but inside he's just a farm boy with stronger morals than most normal people. The best Superman stories are when someone questions his ways or when when he questions himself.

• Like 1

You know, because I felt like you were being kind of a smart ass with that comment, I'm going to not watch the newer episodes of Leverage even more.

Bet you don't feel so big now, tough guy!

:(

Though, I find it funny that you'd recommend watching it in the General TV thread yet you haven't watched the new episodes. :P

You know, because I felt like you were being kind of a smart ass with that comment, I'm going to not watch the newer episodes of Leverage even more.

Though, I find it funny that you'd recommend watching it in the General TV thread yet you haven't watched the new episodes. :P

I don't need to have watched the latest episodes to recommend a show with Christian Kane.

Let me know when they fire Gina Bellman and rehire Jeri Ryan. >_>

I don't need to have watched the latest episodes to recommend a show with Christian Kane.

Let me know when they fire Gina Bellman and rehire Jeri Ryan. >_>

She was in a recent episode! Does that count?

Also, on topic, I hate Superman.