EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2012: The Results

GoGo Yubari

So far none of the shows I watch religiously on the list, but that doesn't surprise me. I have fantastic taste <_<

I do enjoy Don't Trust the B*tch, although I've yet to see season two. Big fan of the actresses involved and the weirdness that is James van der Beek being himself on steroids. Just started watching Revolution and will now go off to find Treme and Shameless - which I do not know.

Not surprised to see The Office dipping - it's been a while since it felt like fun to me. I burned myself out on Burn Notice as well. Watched three or four seasons at a trot last year and just killed it.

Hoping to see Archer, Community, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, AHS, and a few of my other faves appearing soon.

The Thick Of It, particularly the first two seasons (and the "Specials") is one of my all-time favourite TV shows. Witty, engaging and absolutely brilliant television. I'd have liked to have seen it higher, but I'm glad it made the list at all.

I have little to no opinion of the rest of the list...

"Buck jumpin'", I believe it is, Josh.

Treme's kind of a slow starter like The Wire was. Once you get past the first episode or two, it's a really good show - the first couple episodes just serve to set up the characters and everything else.

Burn Notice - Love it, but I've fallen a year behind.

The Office - This season has been better than last, but it's still not anywhere near its peak. I expect the last five episodes to be awesome though.

Happy Endings - My favorite non-Community comedy on TV. So much fun.

Treme - I got about three episodes in but could not figure out what the fucking point of the show is.

The Thick of It - Sorry, I'm 'Murikan. This is what Veep is based on though, right?

From the episodes I saw, it was a show about tits. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but I never got the sense it was going anywhere. Granted, first season blues, and I'm sure it has evolved into something, but those first few episodes didn't do it for me at all.

but could not figure out what the fucking point of the show is.

Institutional failure, the way where you're from shapes who you are, music.

I think you guys can understand from that, it's not an easy sell. I'm sure it's awesome, but I still haven't even watched a single episode of Boardwalk Empire, The Wire, The Shield and so on.

From the episodes I saw, it was a show about tits

I have absolutely no clue where this conclusion has come from. It's most likely not even in the top three HBO shows as far as gratuitous female nudity goes. I haven't rewatched season one in a good while, but in season three I can think of a grand total of one scene like that.

TKz is 100000% correct in that it's a very tough sell as a show. I'm not surprised that it took three years to build enough of a following on EWB to make the list (and that was with Josh giving it 15 points). ANYWAY.

gravityfalls.png

35. Gravity Falls (48 pts, appeared on six ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

onceuponatime.png

34. Once Upon a Time (51 pts, appeared on five ballots) (Last Year: #37)

QIS01E12.jpg

33. QI (53 pts, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: #46)

AHS-season-2-cast.jpg

32. American Horror Story (56 pts, appeared on six ballots) (Last Year: #38)

trueblood.png

31. True Blood (56 pts, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: #22)

Next Time on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2012: This is New York state, bitch. Anyone can marry anything now!

50. Peep Show - love

49. Fringe - never seen, am told to watch

48. Girls - barely heard of

47. Revolution - eh, not really my thing

46. Suits - no real motivation to bother with

45. Don't Trust The B----- - whether or not I'll watch it probably depends how bored I get and how long it runs. It's not really at the top of the list but it's something I've got an interest in seeing

44. Workaholics - haven't heard of it other than hearing these guys will have a cameo in a show I really really like (not sure I should be spoiling which one)

43. Arrow - I think it's on Sky One over here, which does a good job of making everything look shit on the commercials for it. I doubt I'll be bothering

42. Shameless - the UK Shamless is awful. I doubt I'll give the US one a chance

41. NCIS - dull cookie cutter shit

40. Burn Notice - always one I've heard about via EWB, never one a lot of people seem to get excited about at once, which is generally what makes me pick up on a show you guys rave about

39. The Office - one I watch! Ranges from awesome to mediocre, I don't think it's ever been particularly bad though and even since its lost its sparkle I'd take it over most shit on TV

38. Happy Endings - heard very little of

37. Treme - people who have good taste in TV seem to rave about it. I'll watch it eventually, it's just a matter of when

36. The Thick Of It - utterly fantastic. I haven't seen the new series or I'd likely have voted for it

35. Gravity Falls - I watch very few cartoons - Archer's like the only one

34. Once Upon A Time - really not my thing

33. QI - depending on the subject it can be awesome or boring. But made my list

32. American Horror Story - only heard the name. Not something I'd watch

31. True Blood - vampires are gay. Won't watch

Yeah last episode was the Halloween one. I'm worried about it, it's so different from anything else on the Disney Channel that I don't know if they'll keep it around, it doesn't fit in there at all. But it's awesome, I laughed more at the Fight Fighters episode than anything else on TV this year.

Yeah last episode was the Halloween one. I'm worried about it, it's so different from anything else on the Disney Channel that I don't know if they'll keep it around, it doesn't fit in there at all. But it's awesome, I laughed more at the Fight Fighters episode than anything else on TV this year.

Fight Fighters is amazing!

My friends and I quote the show all the time. It's just such a great cartoon.

Gravity Falls - A breath of fresh air. Love it!

Once Upon A Time - No idea.

QI - One of the few shows I actually watch religiously every week.

American Horror Story - Didn't like season one so didn't bother with this.

True Blood - ...

vampires are gay. Won't watch

This may be the five I have the least opinion of. Gravity Falls I want to watch because there are people with really good taste who like it. Ruki likes it too and that's okay I guess.

Once Upon a Time I have no interest in watching.

QI is a show I'd like to like but I've watched episodes and sort of trail off around ten minutes. It's a great idea and undeniably funny but it's not a show I can watch fanatically.

American Horror Story sometimes sounds entertainingly batshit but I don't care for horror as a genre or Ryan Murphy as a showrunner. Pass.

As I've mentioned before, I tried True Blood once. I didn't make it past two episodes. It just seemed like an actively terrible, trainwrecky show to me.

I like Gravity Falls! That should counteract Ruki's liking it.

QI is fun. It definitely isn't my favorite panel show, but I've been getting really into panel shows lately so I'm still a fan.

I want to watch Once Upon a Time and American Horror Story. Seems like the sort of silly fantasy/horror thing that I'd be into.

True Blood. I watched the entire first season in like 48 hours. Not because it was good, but because I was stuck alone with this person at their house for a few days and we realized we didn't actually have all that much in common. So, instead of hanging out we watched True Blood.

Also, boo for using "gay" as an insult. dry.gif

• Like 3