The New Kit Thread

Nothing can make a United shirt appealing. NOTHING!!!!

Nah in all honesty if they got rid of the checkered crap on it then it'd be a nice kit. The simple kits can be some of the better ones.

I hate simple kits, purely because it surely must feel like a rip-off to all the fans who go out and buy a brand new kit/shirt? Maybe it's my detachment from a team but I couldn't imagine shelling out money for "the new kit, just like the old kit". Someone stole my Croatia joke :(.

Now the LA Galaxy shirt, that looks fantastic. I wish it said Herb o' Life though. Then it could be my weed smoking shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Seeing as we're talking kits....

The European Parliament has voted to back a call for national sports teams to wear the EU flag on their shirts.

It also endorsed a plan for the EU flag to be flown at major international sporting events in Europe, but neither of the measures would be compulsory.

Both ideas are contained in a report that also urges action against doping, hooliganism, match-fixing and shady deals by players' agents.

The recommendations will now be considered by the European Commission.

The vote was passed by 550 votes to 73, with seven abstentions.

British Conservative MEPs voiced concern that the new measures might offend loyal fans and interfere with professional sport.

Emma McClarkin, the party's spokesperson on sport and culture in the European Parliament, said the EU flag proposal was "outrageous and unnecessary".

"Sport has a special place in my country, and our national teams form a key part of our identities and heritage," she told the parliament.

"The EU cannot impose an artificial European identity on us by forcing our athletes to wear its emblem."

The party objected when Speaker Martin Schulz refused to allow MEPs to vote on individual clauses in the report "in the interests of efficiency".

Irish Fianna Fail MEP Liam Aylward said the dispute over the EU flag should not overshadow the report's other provisions.

He commended the report as a "strong framework to create a European sports policy that is based on social inclusion and enhancing sport in Europe".

What a crock of shit.

Ah, the Ireland away shirt. Nobody buys them and I don't even know if Ireland wear them very often. :shifty:

Personally I miss the orange one Ireland had for years, it made more sense than the recent black one.

I hate simple kits, purely because it surely must feel like a rip-off to all the fans who go out and buy a brand new kit/shirt? Maybe it's my detachment from a team but I couldn't imagine shelling out money for "the new kit, just like the old kit"

Or in the case of Chelsea's away kits, a simple one would actually be a dramatic shift from the norm. :shifty:

Villa to be working with Macron from next season.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg208/scaled.php?server=208&filename=macrond.jpg&res=medium

Thank god Nike have gone.

Prior to Villa, Macron's most prominant English clubs were West Ham, Leeds and Millwall?

Christ. I'd not heard of this company before but now as a Chelsea fan I instantly dislike them. :shifty:

I hate our Nike kits. Really wish we'd stop using them, the old Vandanel shirts were better!

People who aren't with Nike think they're fantastic, but I'd have took anyone if it meant losing Nike.

Yeah that's so true, everyone went mad when we got Nike to make our kits after a succession of kits by Vandanel and Carlotti. I guess because it's a big name. But the shirts just look and feel so cheap and rubbish, I'm not buying any more Nike shirts that we produce.

They're a nasty company too. Our first shirt, with Acorns on, was fantastic. Since then we had a kit recycled from a French team from the previous season, a kit manufactored 6 months late and this year they didn't produce a full training range for the club. Overall, very shoddy.