FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Update: An EA representative tells Joystiq that the game is "coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PS3 as a fully featured console game. There will not be a World Cup full console game for the new generation of consoles." To make up for it, the publisher plans to issue "a range of engaging content within FIFA Ultimate Team so that fans on the new generation of consoles can experience the World Cup in fun and unique ways."

I'm glad that this is the case. I'd have to drop £45~ on a next-gen World Cup game that I wouldn't play 3 months down the line, not sure I could face that.

FINALLY got my first FIFA Ultimate Team win (PS3)!

Then EA gives me the "Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the server" bullcrap and kicks me back to main menu. I go back into FUT, and what do I see? I've been saddled with the loss for supposedly disconnecting!

*sigh* I'll never beat anyone. :crying:

I still throw on the 2010 World Cup game occasionally, I absolutely loved that game. Definitely gonna pick that up in the summer if it captures Brazil and the qualifying experience like it did with South Africa.

Gives me an excuse to hold off on the PS4 that bit longer too!

• Like 2

I still throw on the 2010 World Cup game occasionally, I absolutely loved that game. Definitely gonna pick that up in the summer if it captures Brazil and the qualifying experience like it did with South Africa.

Gives me an excuse to hold off on the PS4 that bit longer too!

I agree, I loved that game despite knowing little about the players. It helped me learn about the best players in the world.

Drop in games fun:

Team mate goes on a run down the left, gets to byline and puts in a pretty bad cross which is just falling to the keeper, pretty much on the line. Human goalie catches it, turns around for some reason and I guess in doing so lets it go over the line for a split second. He immediately spins back to face the right direction but the ref gives it as a goal to the crosser.

Another game had me and another guy as CAM's taking up the CAM and ST spots. I think this was the one where another 3 guys in the lobby were GK's but they all conspired to leave either in the lobby or by the time the game got under way. At the first stoppage in play, a sub comes on in place of the goalie, only there still two out on the pitch. One was playing as a goalie normally would and the other was just stood about a yard behind the line in the center of the goal. It would have been fun if they'd both been diving for shots but the 2nd one just stood and watched. Worse yet was the fact that this somehow played everyone onside so they managed to score by just standing on the penalty spot and calling on the ball. Apparently a human defender on their side worked this all out too though and figured it'd make an easy way for him to score from 60+ yards so he kept shooting from the half way line, resulting it in falling harmlessly to the goalie or going about a mile wide.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to restart the United career that was going to be a diary on here and I'm super happy with the first transfer window.

My ideal Starting XI now looks like this:

GK - Igor Akinfeev
RB - Rafael
RCB - Nemanja Vidic
LCB - Rio Ferdinand
LB - Patrice Evra
RDM - Michael Carrick
LDM - Blaise Matuidi
RM - Nani
LM - Ashley Young
CAM - Shinji Kagawa
ST - Robin van Persie

Most notable departure was Rooney, but he was joined by Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Valencia, Bebe and Amos. Season long loans for Fabio, Keane and Lingard, while, along with Akinfeev and Matuidi, I brought in Biabiany, Sanchez Mino, Montoya, Fernando Reges and Albin Ekdal. Moyes out!

Decided to restart the United career that was going to be a diary on here and I'm super happy with the first transfer window.

GK - Igor Akinfeev

RB - Rafael

RCB - Nemanja Vidic

LCB - Rio Ferdinand

LB - Patrice Evra

RDM - Michael Carrick

LDM - Blaise Matuidi

RM - Nani

LM - Ashley Young

CAM - Shinji Kagawa

ST - Robin van Persie

Most notable departure was Rooney, but he was joined by Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Valencia, Bebe and Amos. Season long loans for Fabio, Keane and Lingard, while, along with Akinfeev and Matuidi, I brought in Biabiany, Sanchez Mino, Montoya, Fernando Reges and Albin Ekdal. Moyes out!

That's even worse than the real Man Utd team. >_>

I'm in the 2017/18 season with Newcastle and I've put together a pretty formidable team.

ter Stegen

Cancelo - Marquinhos - Dier - Alaba ©

Sissoko - Pogba

Bruma - Barkley - Bakkali

Batshuayi

I have Boetius and Ince too, who rotate with Bruma and Bakkali. It's fun building youngsters into world beaters and the focus is bringing through the youth team now. I have a 17 year old CM who's already 78 overall, so he'll be breaking into the starting XI very soon.

GK - Igor Akinfeev

RB - Rafael

RCB - Nemanja Vidic

LCB - Rio Ferdinand

LB - Patrice Evra

RDM - Michael Carrick

LDM - Blaise Matuidi

RM - Nani

LM - Ashley Young

CAM - Shinji Kagawa

ST - Robin van Persie

That's even worse than the real Man Utd team. >_>

Won the league with about 4 games to spare >_>

Just starting the 2018/2019 with Newcastle and I sold Michy Batshuayi for £85mil to Monaco! He's amazing but anybody can leave for that price. Signed Neymar from Bayern Munich for £43.5mil as his replacement so that leaves me with about £30mil to play around with from the deal. Brought in a 19 year old Ivorian striker too who's already a 78 overall, to complement my 19 year old Swede striker who's also 78. I'm set up for the next decade at that position even though Neymar is only 26!

The Swedish lad scored this amazing goal too, he's got insane speed and technical skills for his age, he's like a small left-footed Ibrahimovic!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/187101642

Only other signing so far was resigning Bigirimana from Cardiff, Matic style! Sold him at the end of the first year after loaning him out, he turned into an absolute beast in that time and starts for England. Had to pay £8mil and Sissoko for him but I couldn't resist bringing baby Cheick back :wub: