2013 Summer Transfer Thread

He's always seemed like a strong, decent defender, so I'm happy with that. Can't imagine him being first choice but he should be able to do a job.

I'm imagine he's being brought in so that we can either ship Coates off on loan or permanently. He'll be behind Agger and the Skrtel/Carragher replacement/s in the pecking order.

I thought that Bayern met Gotze's minimum fee release clause, it wasn't a matter of Dortmund choosing to sell.

I, for one, wasn't blaming dortmund here, they have little choice in either sale but it will almost certainly make bundesliga a one horse race next year.

Yeah, but who do Dortmund target as replacements for Gotze and Lewandoski?

That's the beauty of the transfer window. Hopefully they can echo Porto and Lyon (until recently) and replace the players they sold with a constant stream of awesome players - they managed it with Sahin and Kagawa but this is probably a bigger deal.

I think losing Klopp would be a much bigger deal than losing Gotze and Lewandowski, but yeah, either way I doubt they'll be challenging Bayern next season. I don't think it's gonna lead to a complete monopoly for years to come though.

Just remember folks that no matter how many glorious attacking players Bayern have, you can only field 11 players at once, just because on paper the team looks unstoppable doesn't mean that it will work that well in practice.

They could well have the same problem that Galacticos 1 era Real Madrid had where they'll shift a few defensive minded players out of the starting line up to make way for the super powered attack, leaving them incredibly vulnerable if pressed. Plus when the Dutch tried to cram all their stars into a formation at the last Euros they ended up crashing out with 0 points (granted they were in a group of DEATH but still...) despite the talent they had.

• Like 1

Bayern have arguably one of the best keepers in the world, they also have the best full-back in the world. They have some very goods defensive midfielders in Schweinsteiger and Javi Martínez. So it isn't like they have a shit team in the back

He's always seemed like a strong, decent defender, so I'm happy with that. Can't imagine him being first choice but he should be able to do a job.

I'm imagine he's being brought in so that we can either ship Coates off on loan or permanently. He'll be behind Agger and the Skrtel/Carragher replacement/s in the pecking order.

Club have said there is no truth to the reports they've signed anyone.

He's alright, but he's agonizingly slow, Rodgers gave him the captains armband at 21 when he was manager at Reading though so that says something about his mental strength I guess

Just remember folks that no matter how many glorious attacking players Bayern have, you can only field 11 players at once, just because on paper the team looks unstoppable doesn't mean that it will work that well in practice.

They could well have the same problem that Galacticos 1 era Real Madrid had where they'll shift a few defensive minded players out of the starting line up to make way for the super powered attack, leaving them incredibly vulnerable if pressed. Plus when the Dutch tried to cram all their stars into a formation at the last Euros they ended up crashing out with 0 points (granted they were in a group of DEATH but still...) despite the talent they had.

I don't see them shifting out future captain Schweinsteiger and £40m Javi Martinez.

It will be interesting how they balance Gotze, Kroos, Ribery and Muller though.

Some newspapers said Borussia Dortmund will sign Porto striker Jackson Martinez if Lewandowski leaves and his partner James Rodríguez.

Galatasaray plan on making a move for Arjen Robben.

Zenit want to sign Berbatov, who has almost one year left on his contract.

Edited by RafaelFms