"Xbox One" Reveal Event

Dan

It'll be the same in the first year for Sony/MS. The new Xbox will get 15 in-house titles (half will probably be Kinect stuff) and probably 7 or 8 outside titles.

Consoles are more than just gaming machines now and so they should be.

I kinda doubt that. They'll have first party games and third party titles developed for them. The reason the WiiU isn't getting shit is because they didn't think through that a lot of companies weren't going to spend money on a port that will barely sell (because no one owns the console) and won't feature anything interesting for the consoles special controller. It's a vicious cycle. No one buys games because there are no good games on the console, no one makes games for the console because no one buys it.

I don't see why people are saying "This is the best thing ever, Next Gen is here". Nothing in that entire conference captured my imagination. It was all Homogenized Bollocks about "taking over the living room". No, I have a TV remote for that shit. I just want to buy a video games machine. That's all. Surely I can't be the only one.

This. A million times over. Microsoft certainly knows how to put on a presentation that makes you believe them and get super hyped over what little they give you, I will say that.

No kind of a word on my one deciding factor - backwards compatibility with the Live Marketplace?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

All signs have been pointing at the Xbox 1 store being a new store altogether for months: the sudden decline in the prices of full 360 games on the marketplace, the snap sales, the sudden halt of dlc from Rock Band which has been going on for years. It's not going to be cross compatible, but the consumer is only going to find this out a month before the console launch.

I have well over 100 games on the Marketplace.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

It looks like they might be blocking used games unless you pay them for a pass

If true that's counter productive. It totally makes it sound like a game could be registered on multiple consoles for a fee. A fee cheaper than the game. Poorly worded in the article maybe?

It'll be the same in the first year for Sony/MS. The new Xbox will get 15 in-house titles (half will probably be Kinect stuff) and probably 7 or 8 outside titles.

That is a good point. Of course they shouldn't focus on just games. But I think that the main philosophy of a gaming division should be gaming first, THEN living room content. Isn't that just common sense?

That's why the renamed everything from "Gaming Studios" To "Studios" and "Entertainment Studios"

Xbox has been focusing on other things for years now, anyone expecting/wanting anything else from an Xbox show clearly hasn't seen any MS stuff at E3 since Kinect was announced.

One would imagine that the cost for the unlock code would be directly linked to the price of the Games on Demand version, if games were going to available via that service at the same time. I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to set up a system like that though even if it weren't available digitally at the same time.

The problem is that area of unknown about whether you could just play the game but not install. That itself might be an issue depending on the console itself, what with the whole 'sounding like a jet engine taking off whilst reading a disc' thing.

I'd wait until they actually state some facts before jumping to conclusions.

Over the past months we've seen "reports" that the Xbox won't have a disc drive, will have to always be online, will come in a number of models, will have Kinect built in and will be called a lot of names plus loads of other stuff.

If you can unlink a game from your account, I don't see a problem.

That is a good point. Of course they shouldn't focus on just games. But I think that the main philosophy of a gaming division should be gaming first, THEN living room content. Isn't that just common sense?

That's why the renamed everything from "Gaming Studios" To "Studios" and "Entertainment Studios"

Xbox has been focusing on other things for years now, anyone expecting/wanting anything else from an Xbox show clearly hasn't seen any MS stuff at E3 since Kinect was announced.

That's a terrible reason to stop wanting things.

• Like 1

I don't understand what you want? A presser that's all about the games? It's not going to happen, MS haven't done it for a long long time. It's just like how Samsung don't unveil the new Galaxy and talk about how you can phone and text from it for the whole thing. Devices evolve, if you just want to know about the games don't watch the presser because that will talk about everything. Wait until it's finished and watch videos of the games.

I don't understand what you want? A presser that's all about the games? It's not going to happen, MS haven't done it for a long long time. It's just like how Samsung don't unveil the new Galaxy and talk about how you can phone and text from it for the whole thing. Devices evolve, if you just want to know about the games don't watch the presser because that will talk about everything. Wait until it's finished and watch videos of the games.

In this case, the technology has evolved to a set top cable box we all had ten fucking years ago with higher resolution dogs.

• Like 1