Stone Temple Pilots has a new singer, and.....

GhostMachine

Josey Scott left Saliva? No wonder WWE hasn't been using them as their regular shitty band for music.

Yes. Believe it or not, he quit to do Christian music as a solo artist. They're released at least a couple of songs with their new singer, Bobby Amaru. Look up one called "All Around The World". I've played it as a DJ a few times. (I generally don't like playing Saliva, except for the song Badass)

That is a really lifeless performance. I like Chester's "I'M GONNA TAKE THE MIC OFF ITS STAND" move immediately followed by "OKAY I'M GOING TO PUT IT BACK ON AND START SINGING NOW."

• Like 4

Josey Scott left Saliva? No wonder WWE hasn't been using them as their regular shitty band for music.

Yes. Believe it or not, he quit to do Christian music as a solo artist. They're released at least a couple of songs with their new singer, Bobby Amaru. Look up one called "All Around The World". I've played it as a DJ a few times. (I generally don't like playing Saliva, except for the song Badass)

No thanks.

• Like 1

Well, like I said, Chester did a passable performance. And I when I say `passable', that means `didn't completely fuck it up'. Vaseline is my favorite STP song, so I looked it up specifically on Youtube. No idea if he's done "Sex Type Thing", "Interstate Love Song", "Plush" or any other classics. And at this point, I'm not sure I want to know.

No thanks.

Smart man.

I'm not a Saliva fan by any means (except the song Badass), and the new singer is NOT an improvement. And I'm pretty sure "All Around The World" was a song written for Josey to sing and not Bobby.

*edit* Actually had a request for Click Click Boom last night. Its rare that I get requests for Saliva, because in general my listeners have good taste. (I'm an online DJ 3 nights a week)

Edited by GhostMachine

Chester can't sing for STP. He doesn't do anywhere near enough heroin for Scotts songs to make sense..

• Like 2

Didn't like his version of Vaseline, I can only imagine how bad him singing "Interstate Love Song" will turn out. I love STP, but you just can't replace Scott, and if you do, get someone who's not trying to be his clone.

I didn't mind Out Of Time, although it doesn't compare to anything from pre-self entitled album STP. The DeLeos were awesome with Richard Patrick in Army of Anyone. Can't they persuade him to do another AoA album after Filter's tour?

At least he can sing STP songs if they need to - although it's probably because they still want to sing old STP songs and have a vocalist committed only to one band.

Edited by THEXTREMIST

I liked Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

Hybrid Theory is arguably the best nu-metal album ever (which isn't saying much; and that's if you rightly exclude Deftones/Slipknot as they were never nu-metal). Meteora has a clear line between good tracks ('Numb', 'Faint', 'From the Inside') and crap tracks ('Figure.09', 'Nobody's Listening', 'Easier to Run'). Minutes to Midnight is fucking awful. A Thousand Suns was a nice idea executed by people who have little knowledge of experimental music. I would argue Living Things is 3/4ths of a great album, then it really loses its way towards the end.

Linkin Park are by no means the worst band ever to grace the earth though. Green Day are, AM I RIGHT LADS?

This from the guy who likes Saliva.

Where did I ever say that i like Saliva? Liking ONE SONG by A band does not mean I like THE band. I even said that as a DJ I rarely get requests for them, because my listeners generally have good taste.

And back on subject, STP has a new song out called Out Of Time. I played it last night. Its.....not garbage. But I don't think I'll be playing it much unless some specifically asks me to.