WWE 2K14

apsham

Judging by the differentiation between current Brock and retro Brock, and given Kurt Angle's absence, it looks as though Triple H vs Lesnar is in. I'm guessing retro Flair will face Savage, with new Flair facing Shawn Michaels. At least one version of Rock vs Austin is virtually inevitable, as is at least one of Triple H and Undertaker's encounters. If the latter doesn't take a leaf out of Heavy Rain's "Press X to 'JASON!'" function in the form of "Press X to 'STAY DOWN!'", I'll be disappointed.

I wonder whether or not matches involving pre-order DLC characters will be included. Warrior vs Hogan is the obvious one if that's the case, but Flair vs American Bad Ass Undertaker would be nice, especially if they add the option to have Arn Anderson appear out of nowhere.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm confused on The Warrior thing. He's DLC, but he's already in the mode? I'm hoping we get at least 3 Savage matches. Steamboat, the Retirement Match against Warrior and WM IX against Flair. Three different great attires. Retirement one was his DLC costume for last year anyway, shouldn't be hard to import. For managers, I'm guessing we'll get Liz, Lita, Bearer (black hair and blonde versions?), Heenan, Steph and maybe Sherri for Macho King?

If the latter doesn't take a leaf out of Heavy Rain's "Press X to 'JASON!'" function in the form of a "Press X to 'STAY DOWN!'", I'll be disappointed.

JA-SON. JASON. JAAAASOOON. The three greatest soundbytes of all time.

Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous that Piper's not in there. I guess they couldn't get everyone they needed for some of his bigger 'Mania matches (WM1 & 2, and Adrian Adonis would have been an admittedly weird inclusion), but to not have him in at all seems really silly given the theme. I had my fingers crossed for a Hollywood Backlot Brawl!

But surely something like Piper vs. Bret would have made as much sense as anything else that's included?

Judging from that list, what matches do people reckon we're going to get?

I mean, he could still be included as an extra though, just not in the WM mode...? maybe? probably not though.

Oh, also no Jake The Snake?! that's kinda saddening.

Anyway, my WrestleMania mode match predictions:

I

Andre/Studd

II

Hogan/Bundy

III

Steamboat/Savage

Hogan/Andre

IV

Savage/DiBiase

V

Hogan/Savage

VI

Hogan/Warrior

VII

Warrior/Savage

Hogan/Slaughter

VIII

Savage/Flair

IX

Bret/Yokozuna

Hogan/Yokozuna

X

Razor/HBK

XI

Diesel/HBK

Undertaker/Bundy (minus Larry Young)

XII

Hart/HBK (minus Iron Man stip?)

Undertaker/Diesel

Hart/Austin

XIV

Undertaker/Kane

HBK/Austin

XV

Austin/Rock

HHH/Rock/Foley/Show

X-Seven

Undertaker/HHH

X8

HHH/Jericho

Rock/Hogan

XIX

HBK/Jericho

Austin/Rock?

XX

Cena/Show

Goldberg/Lesnar

Batista/HHH

Cena/JBL

Cena/HHH

Edge/Foley

Undertaker/Batista

Cena/HBK

XXIV

HBK/Flair

Undertaker/Edge

Orton/HHH/Cena

XXV

HHH/Orton

Cena/Edge/Show

XXVI

Cena/Batista

Undertaker/HBK

XXVII

Cena/Miz

Undertaker/HHH

XXVIII

Cena/Rock

Punk/Jericho

HHH/Lesnar

Undertaker/Punk

Cena/Rock?

Hogan - Rock shouldn't be a guess, there was a screenshot and Lawler announced it during the reveal too.

If you're talking to me, I never said Hogan/Rock was a guess...?

Also, jesus christ, JR was awful in the Symposium.

http://www.twitch.tv/2k/c/2769500

Edited by 0wen

How is there both a Ric Flair and a Ric Flair (retro)? Aren't all Ric Flairs Ric Flair (retro)s? Is the non-(retro) one going to just be bleeding in a suit getting punched by Abyss?

By 'current' I think they mean Ric Flair who wrestled the undertaker at Wrestlemania X8 and by 'retro' they probably mean Ric Flair who wrestled Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 8.

How is there both a Ric Flair and a Ric Flair (retro)? Aren't all Ric Flairs Ric Flair (retro)s? Is the non-(retro) one going to just be bleeding in a suit getting punched by Abyss?

By 'current' I think they mean Ric Flair who wrestled the undertaker at Wrestlemania X8 and by 'retro' they probably mean Ric Flair who wrestled Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 8.

I think 'current' Flair will probably represent his match at Wrestlemania 24 with Shawn Michaels. It's interesting, though, because if non-retro Flair is actually the Wrestlemania X8 version, it makes 'retro' Cena and Brock seem even stranger.

Yeah, the "current" Flair is definitely from WM 24.

I'm actually not sure HHH/Taker from WM 17 or Taker/Flair from WM 18 will be in there. I mean WWE basically pretended that the WM 17 match never happened, but beyond that they didn't announce the American Bad Ass Taker for the mode. Only current Taker (which I assume would have long hair as an alt) and Retro Taker (which had the old school attire for matches like Bundy, Diesel, Kane) got announced. Could be an oversight but I'm thinking Bad Ass Taker really will be DLC only, separate from the mode.

Warrior is also technically DLC but he'll actually be on the disc for the purposes of the mode, I'm sure.