WWE 2K14

apsham

I'm getting bored of these tie ins with old stuff.. as much as it's somewhat fun.. I miss when Career Mode was interesting and not reliving moments.

My fave career mode was SmackDown 2 due to its randomness and just general feeling it could go on forever and I don't think it would be that hard to recreate that with a small tweak to Universe mode, just have the option to pick certain workers in the career and you get to see all the cutscenes/decisions that person gets and the only matches you can play are for that person and you are automatically set as playing as them.

That way while you can have a themes career mode you can also have an unlimited career, you can just play Universe mode that way if you want but it would be a cool feature to remove the match making powers and ability to just job people out to improve the career of one person.

I'm really hoping the rumors of "My Career" making it into 2K15 are true. It's a staple of 2K Sports in other sports games, extremely fun to navigate through & would be a wrestling fans dream. Taking your created character through the ranks of NXT, making it to WWE & then trying your damnedest to go from rookie to legend would be amazing. Add in some wrestling based drill training like they have in NBA 2K15 & I don't think I'd ever get bored with that game. But of course, this is all just speculation.

Didn't they pretty much do that in Day of Reckoning for gamecube?

The only GameCube WWE game anyone remembers is the one where you murder construction workers and mall cops.

"My Career" would be a lot of fun; the menu screens that have been released so far showed "NXT Mode", so I'm guessing there'll be a few of the NXT stars on there, which could be a lot of fun. I'm hoping they go all out to try and fit as much of the roster in as possible, rather than padding it out with five Triple Hs.

That said, I could also see it being gimmicked around the Network as an excuse to throw in some older names too. But after the "30 Years Of Wrestlemania" and "Attitude" gimmicks, I feel anything else will be a case of diminishing returns in terms of public appeal of the older content.

To me, as much as I quite liked a lot of the historical objectives and whatnot, it felt like a missed opportunity. There was a story going round of 2k15 having a WCW theme for the older content; with Goldberg in the role Warrior was in last year of a flagship returning star, along with Sting's first appearance in a WWE game. That would be pretty cool, but I can't see them doing an entire game mode of WCW matches or anything like that. I think, rather than mimicking historical stuff, they should take advantage of the fact that a video game allows you to play matches that never happened, and go back to the kind of "dream match" stuff that some of the earlier games, and the Legends Of Wrestlemania game, had. Still throw in some objectives and stuff, but do Austin vs. Goldberg, Sting vs. Undertaker, and so on and so forth.

The only GameCube WWE game anyone remembers is the one where you murder construction workers and mall cops.

That was WrestleMania XIX with the "you got fired not piss off Vince by trying to ruien WrestleMania" storyling not the Day of Reckoning series which was the rise to fame followed in the sequal which was the continuation.

WWE doesn't want to miss out on Christmas revenue. It's amusing that their games come out when the TV product is traditionally at its worst.

It's for us fans, so that we can have SOMETHING entertaining to do that's WWE related.

• 2 months later...