WWE 2K14

apsham

Here Comes the Pain! definitely had the best story mode for me. A lot of different storylines that meant you could play it over and over again as tonnes of different guys, a good few cool storylines that were taken from past TV feuds and the ability to customise the rosters and alignments to play year on year on year. If the CAW system was a bit better back then I'd probably still play that game now. Was the best wrestling game I've ever owned.

Someone add me on PSN sometime (th2005), I kind of like playing this online but I'm not a fan of getting cheesed. I played maybe five matches the other night and only one of them was any good, the rest I either got cheesed by 100 rated CAWs or ganged up on by friends in the same lobby. There was one Elimination Chamber match where there were like three 12-year olds in it, and they ganged up on everyone else and broke up pinfalls on each other, all so they could be the final 3 in the match. If you just wanted to play with your friends, why not make a triple threat cage match or a three way dance or something?

Also on my fifth match my power surged and when I got back on I had a message from my opponent telling me about a frightened cat. :shifty:

Feel free to add me (TheWho1987), I've been wanting to get back into WWE for a while just wanted to get some other games finished. I've had this idea for creating an original CAW thats styled after the Miracle Violence Connection with some 90's Japanese influence, I tried a version when I first got the game after making my usual CAW and got annoyed doing the moveset so might give it a tinker later.

I've always wondered for those of you who create your own original CAWs what kind of direction do you take?

Typically, it's

*scroll through hair options*

"That looks cool."

*scroll through upper body options*

"That's neat."

*scroll through lower body options*

"That's cool looking too."

<_<

Someone add me on PSN sometime (th2005), I kind of like playing this online but I'm not a fan of getting cheesed. I played maybe five matches the other night and only one of them was any good, the rest I either got cheesed by 100 rated CAWs or ganged up on by friends in the same lobby. There was one Elimination Chamber match where there were like three 12-year olds in it, and they ganged up on everyone else and broke up pinfalls on each other, all so they could be the final 3 in the match. If you just wanted to play with your friends, why not make a triple threat cage match or a three way dance or something?

Also on my fifth match my power surged and when I got back on I had a message from my opponent telling me about a frightened cat. :shifty:

What time do you tend to play? I'd be down for online but be warned, my internet cuts out a lot now.

Feel free to add me (TheWho1987), I've been wanting to get back into WWE for a while just wanted to get some other games finished. I've had this idea for creating an original CAW thats styled after the Miracle Violence Connection with some 90's Japanese influence, I tried a version when I first got the game after making my usual CAW and got annoyed doing the moveset so might give it a tinker later.

I've always wondered for those of you who create your own original CAWs what kind of direction do you take?

I don't have WWE14 but I'll answer anyway.

Honestly, going back to even Smackdown 2, most of my guys are influenced by real world wrestlers. I try to not make the influence too obvious usually and have some relatively decent CAW's. I usually try to make them realistic as opposed to an 8 foot 600 pounder that wears a beanie and pointy boots. I've been making most of the same guys since Smackdown 2, though as a young teenager my buddy and I had some pretty neat creations, even if they were a bit whacky.

• Like 1

I use the same character but the look depends on each game, I remember back to SD2 which was my first CAW the best way to describe the look is total denim with a moveset that was a mix of Stone Cold and Triple H. Up until the SvR series I tended to go for a Raven look sicne that was the base I used on eFeds at the time. When I gotonto the 360 and PS3 games I started to evolve my style into a Indy/Japanese style, for the last couple of games the look is simalar to Masato Tanaka and 14 was the first time I've ever had used trunks.

I typically wind up with a lot of generic looking high-flyers that wear black & pink, or if not that facepaint or masks. Even when I consciously set out to make a guy who isn't a high flyer, they still wind up with standing SSPs and moonsaults and springboard dives in their repertoire, I just make their finish a submission and go "There! Submission wrestler!" :shifty:

I always make the same guys. One based off me with my name. K.C. Kash, a rich dick. Dallas Christian, a rough biker kinda guy. Kenji Ooka, a Japanese wrestler who has come to America to be a star. Vlad Valo, a 7 foot tall, 300 lb vampire. Ricky Riot, started as looking like The main character from DMC but has turned into a tiny Punk Rock dude. Kash is the oldest starting in the 2nd SDvsRAW unless you count the previous Billy Gunn-ese CAW I gave my name to on SYM.

Finally won a match online. The other day I got a friend request from someone who I had a pretty good match with (but lost), I invited them into a few games tonight and they won every one of them except our last match - a TLC match between Cesaro (me) and Dean Ambrose. I think that match went on for at least a good 30 minutes and I got hit with Ambrose's headlock driver a jillion times and speared through a barricade, but I got my own OMG moment when I put them through the announce table with a Neutralizer.

Obviously, though, that wasn't the finish, I hit a Swiss Uppercut on them and that kept them down long enough for me to grab the briefcase. >_>

Also, does mashing buttons make you get up any faster? The other person asked me after the match how I get up so fast, and I told them I just mash X. I seem to recall that being a way to get up faster in the older Smackdown games, but I have no idea if that works in 2K14 or not.

So folks are playing online on ps3?? I traded in my 360 copy but was gonna pick it back up cheap, may as well get playstation version... I'll add you guys when I'm home, can't remember my psn Id.

What kinda time you guys on UK time?