WWE 2K14

apsham

Also, I still haven't gotten the hang of controls. '13 is the first WWE game I've played since Here Comes The Pain, and my matches wind up sorely lacking in variety. Through the tutorial I know how to change into front facelocks, side headlocks, etc. but I feel like I wind up doing the same 5 moves over and over and over and over. Authentic experience as Bret Hart or John Cena, I guess :shifty:

EDIT: Sweet fuck, even on Easy difficulty the AI in these games is impossible. I'm doing Triple H vs. Kane from the Mankind chapter of the Attitude Era (ten punch corner combo, don't hit any finishers, escape the cage) and even with every single body part in critical condition, Kane just gets up from my Spinebusters like they did no damage, runs over and pulls me off the cage wall. This is getting to be more frustrating than the HBK/Bulldog match (which I finally beat after switching the difficulty to Easy).

Also, I still haven't gotten the hang of controls. '13 is the first WWE game I've played since Here Comes The Pain, and my matches wind up sorely lacking in variety. Through the tutorial I know how to change into front facelocks, side headlocks, etc. but I feel like I wind up doing the same 5 moves over and over and over and over. Authentic experience as Bret Hart or John Cena, I guess :shifty:

EDIT: Sweet fuck, even on Easy difficulty the AI in these games is impossible. I'm doing Triple H vs. Kane from the Mankind chapter of the Attitude Era (ten punch corner combo, don't hit any finishers, escape the cage) and even with every single body part in critical condition, Kane just gets up from my Spinebusters like they did no damage, runs over and pulls me off the cage wall. This is getting to be more frustrating than the HBK/Bulldog match (which I finally beat after switching the difficulty to Easy).

5 from the front grapple, 5 from the back then 5 more on each when you get to dazed grapple moves.Then there is front and back ground grapples.Try the limb targeting if you want to mix it up a bit.

Why is this game still like £20! I will pick it up for £10, no more!

Is the WrestleMania thing at all like the old Legends of WrestleMania system? Where they play the clip and you do the specific spots? I loved that. I actually got the Platinum trophy in that game. :P

• Like 1

You play the whole match and try to complete goals during it.

You dont have to complete the goals, the only goal you have to complete is "win the match" but each match has objectives to complete ranging from "hit with weapon X amount of times", "finisher then pin in 10 seconds", "hit X amount of finishers" but there are some QTE segments or "WrestleMania Moments" that play out like a cutscene that you have to his the buttons at the right time, only annoyance is trying to figure out how to active them.

The only reason you have to complete the objectives is to get the unlockables.

First time I've bought a wrestling game in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ...

... I want to download a shit ton of stuff and have seen the posts with the related info so far in the topic. I'm looking though, specifically for good custom titles. Anyone know of someone that's got a good collection ?

I've found some sweet arenas and a couple of guys that seem to have most of what I want. I need the belts though.

Classic NWA/AWA/etc etc .... that's what I'm after.

Can you download titles in 2K14? I thought it was the same as '13, where you could create your own titles by editing existing ones, but you couldn't upload/download them.

Can you download titles in 2K14? I thought it was the same as '13, where you could create your own titles by editing existing ones, but you couldn't upload/download them.

Yes and no, you can "download" belts but you only download a PT image of the plate then create the belt yourself like this one

Well shit.

I also see that you only have 10 slots for the custom logos which means I can have like 3 complete belts (with side plates) or maybe 5 tops ... or I can have 10 main plates ... that's stupid.

Ugh ...

Anyhoots.

I have a pretty good idea as to what I want to do with my roster slots. I'll be assembling as best I can a JCP/early WCW - AWA - WCCW - UWF - CWA conglomerate.

• Like 1

I caved and bought 2K14. First wrestling game I've owned since Here Comes The Pain, and I'm glad I got to play my friend's copy of '13 to get used to the controls first. So far all I've done is the first chapter of 30 Years of WM, nearly finished the Ramon/HBK ladder match in the New Generation chapter - but after finishing all of the historical goals, HBK hit me with a ladder once, climbed it, and won. <_<

EDIT: Oh, also, I'm on PS3 if anyone wants to play sometime.

• Like 1

Soooo I download the plates for the belts .... and then when I got to make the titles, the slots are accounted for but the images aren't showing up. Wonderful. Also, when I shut the game off and then I go to play it again the next time, they aren't saved. WTF ? It's also happening with show logos but not as often.

Question, that issue aside, if I create an arena and then save it ... can I delete the logos to free up the slots and still have the arena proper or will the logos disappear ?

I have no idea if you can do that or not, but I'd think not. Might be worth trying just to see though.

I finished 30 years of WM, it was pretty fun for the most part. It seemed a lot less frustrating than '13's Attitude Era mode, but there were still a few awful matches like the Orton/HHH/Cena triple threat and the last Cena/Rock match. In particular I did Cena/Rock 2 like five times, because I would get about halfway through the historical goals, go to steal Rock's finisher, and then he'd reverse it, Rock Bottom me, and that'd be the end. Finally caught a lucky break and managed to reverse his first Rock Bottom, though, and from that point on I kept the momentum and was able to win the match.

Now I'm just working on getting titles/unlockables through Universe mode. My Universe has been going for 2 or 3 years now, and it's getting kind of bizarre - for a while on Smackdown it was Ziggler and Wade Barrett exchanging the World Heavyweight title, and then out of nowhere Darren Young became the #1 contender and managed to beat Ziggler for the title on PPV.

Also, for anyone interested in good indy CAWs, check out Lord_Cuey on PSN. He has a really good Delirious, Throwbacks, Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano, AR Fox.. the only drawback was that some of the CAWs I wanted (Quackenbush, Eddie Kingston) required the season pass DLC. But even looking at the previews for them, they're phenomenally well-made.

Yeah, that always annoys me too - not prepared to pay for DLC, as I barely play the game. If I get round to playing it again, though, I'll definitely look for his stuff.

Real shame, though, as I've never found a decent Mike Quackenbush on any of these games.