WWE 2K14

apsham

So this is a strange bug. I remember it happening once when I first got the game but not thinking much about it. I just won a match with The Undertaker, and following the match the screen would go black and all you'd hear is his music. It never stopped. I just tried the same match three times and it happened after every try. Finally I just skipped the match and played the rest of the show, every match worked fine except if I won with Taker. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Orton vs HHH vs Cena needs to be scrached from the disc. It´s terrible. In my 513 atempt i just finaly got everything right and the ref counts 3 when the timer hits zero... do it again please. FU game.

Oh nice, the next match is a three way aswell. I might aswell stop since i dont care about these new storylines anyway. >_>

• Like 1

Orton vs HHH vs Cena needs to be scrached from the disc. It´s terrible. In my 513 atempt i just finaly got everything right and the ref counts 3 when the timer hits zero... do it again please. FU game.

Oh nice, the next match is a three way aswell. I might aswell stop since i dont care about these new storylines anyway. >_>

I hated that match too, mainly because I'm a gigantic control freak when playing against the AI and I insisted on Orton stomping HHH and Cena before the WrestleMania moment.

The Wrestlemania mode is nice and very well executed but to me it's the opposite of what wrestling games should be. It really emphasise the scripted element of wrestling.

This is great except the enjoyment of wrestling comes down to the suspension if disbelief. I don't want to follow a pre-written script. I don't want to pin after a double DDT and a punt. I want to win after RKOing Cena, narrowly countering a pedigree before rolling Triple H up and hooking the tights. Or better yet, I want to fight Cena, Lesnar and The Rock with The Shield in the Elimination Chamber, just because.

It's just laborious and counter productive to the enjoyment of the game. Which is particularly noticeable because it's the primary game mode.

• Like 2

I know Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven did script Storylines into soccer Matches so i could see them doing it just as unknowen to the player as that, but i belive for a "best moments from the past" events it´s ok to go that rout. It´s just that some of the matches do it better and others do it terrible (or not even do it at all).

As i said before, i´ed love Universe Mode become more like Smackdown 2s storymode but up to todays standards, may it be runins, interviews or even stuff that happens in a simple 1v1 match. - Just take a feud vs HHH as an example were the game just scripts him to bring a sledgehammer out in a match triggering further events (interviews, interferences, no hold barred match or something like that) - some of these can be wrestler specific (some as basic as i just told, some a bit deeper), some of them can be generic so they work with everyone... you´ed easily get a storymode you can play for (in game) years without to much repetition of big story elements like in the old games.

2k is pretty high on career modes. I hope they run with something like that.

Finally got the game last Friday. I'm attempting the WrestleMania mode on Legend difficulty and, well, it's the first time I ever played a WWE game that actually made me consider lowering the difficulty. I guess that's good.

I'm really enjoying the mode. After being stuck on Warrior vs. Hogan for a long while, I beat Slaughter in the first try... and now I'm stuck on Flair vs Savage. I can get to the last needed moment and then I get beaten.

It's good to actually have a challenging WWE game for a change. Just did a couple of matches on Universe mode... nothing different from the past. Even strange things like a week where almost every match is a Triple Threat...

Yeah, that definitely wasn't a joke or anything.

Best person for Beat The Streak is Roman Reigns, from what I've seen. Undertaker doesn't seem able to do his cheap counter stuff on the Spear. My friend beat him on the first attempt in under five minutes.

I've only played a couple of matches on this...up to Wrestlemania 3 in Road To Wrestlemania, I think. The old-school stuff is fun, though, and playing as André's a great laugh.

I got disqualified in the Savage/Steamboat match, though, for clotheslining Miss Elizabeth.

Clotheslining Miss Elizabeth is my favourite romcom.

But yeah, I wasn't being serious, I've actually really enjoyed the game. The computer is definitely a cheating bastard at points and it's buggy as all hell but it's a fantastic roster and playing as Savage or Razor or Andre is great fun. So is the fuzziness and graphics used in the early Mania matches. So yeah, it's fun.

But I managed to beat Taker as Brock in Defeat the Streak, I'm just being an achievement whore and trying to unlock all the photos and beating him with King Kong Bundy is not even a little bit fun.

• Like 1

Question about this. Is there anyway to set a person's card position in this one's Universe? It's really annoying to add Sting and Angle as CAWs in 13 only to have them slumming it on Superstars.

Fuck plaing John Cena, fuck all the objectives in the rematch vs The Rock and even more fuck that in the end there is unlimited finishers on both of the guys.

I tried about 10 times by now and it always gets screwed up, the last time just now in the end i finally managed to hit the AA before the Rock can strike with the Rock Bottom - anyway he countered (like he ALWAYS dos in the final segment) i kick out of one rock bottom, i kick out of a second one for god knows what luck... i manage to hit a second AA and Rock counters it AGAIN to follow up with a rock bottom and beat me. This is not good difficulty, this is 80s jrpg you leveled for 3 hours and die by the hands of a random battle mob before you reach the savepoint frustrating. I dont want to play the start of this match another 10 times. :( Hug! Now!