The Capital One Cup thread 2013/14

Lineker

Absolute shambles. I'd love for us to make a managerial decision soon, need to start something. Feels like kind of a nothing match unless we're planning on giving the job to Sherwood (which I kind of hope we don't). Should've let AVB try to redeem himself.

West Ham just have the team sussed. Spurs didn't have many good chances but got the goal this time. Once West Ham changed pace it could have been 4/5-1 in the end.

It reminds me of the Jol days, Spurs in good position "game over", make changes, throw away position, have little to get back into it.

FORTUNATELY I wasn't too bothered with the result tonight The performances of certain players were of more interest. Adebayor did well, Townsend ran around a lot and ultimately got himself injured, Lennon was great and then vanished, Dembele was Jekyll and Hyde.

I still firmly believe that we need 5 in midfield, just that one of them should be just off the striker. Lennon and Townsend works pretty well on the wings but Defoe's finishing has been pitiful these last few months.

Really hope we return to Soldado at the weekend. Wanna see Lamela start, and hopefully Eriksen's fit again soon. Really think our future lies with those three in our front 4. Good to see Ade find the net, but I too don't think 4-4-2 is the answer.