Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

Leeds fans, of course, have everything to look forward to next season.

And by everything I mean more managers than a NHS Hospital Trust.

image-of-a-collection-of-handbags.jpg

:lol:

No import tax, no VAT,

Been hiding yachts in Italy

Blue and white, we're no longer poor

We're Leeds United forever more

God bless Massimo!

See you on the way down :lol:

• Like 1

Honestly, any combination of those 4 teams in the semi-finals should be a treat to watch. Until last night I had Real Madrid as the out and out favourites, but considering they struggled against Dortmund in the 2nd leg I'm not quite so sure now

I wouldn't read a great deal into Real's 2-0 loss in the second leg. They were caught in the trap of not being sure how to play with a 3-0 lead - a problem that handily evaporates the better the opposition is.

No import tax, no VAT,

God bless Massimo!

Wait... are you under the impression that Massimo has money he's willing to spend on Leeds?

He's owned Cagliari for 22 years and the biggest signing the club has made in time? £5.1 million. In 1998.

Yeah. Real rich club you got there now. Gonna be lighting up the Championship next season buddy.

• Like 1

No import tax, no VAT,

God bless Massimo!

Wait... are you under the impression that Massimo has money he's willing to spend on Leeds?

He's owned Cagliari for 22 years and the biggest signing the club has made in time? £5.1 million. In 1998.

Yeah. Real rich club you got there now. Gonna be lighting up the Championship next season buddy.

He's already paid off several of the club's debts and paid all the wage bill since December (save for half of last month's wages) before he even fucking owned the club... and today he's paid off a £500,000 tax bill. Oh and funded the loans (and wages) of Butland and Wickham (until he was recalled). He's a fucking billionaire and he's just bought a debt riddled club with no assets beyond Ross Mccormack and Sam Byram... He can't be here to strip the club because the previous 3 regimes have taken anything and everything (and more) that there was to take.

The phoenix will rise and the giant is about to fall... I'd fucking love it if your lot experienced the shite we've been through over the last decade and I'd be interested to see if you had even half of the passion and spirit we still have... I doubt it though, most of your lot will be lifelong Chelsea fans in 3 years time if you "did a Leeds".

I'm sure Cagliari fans had your misplaced optimism.

Enjoy your coca-cola league or whatever it is the amateurs play in.

I'd much rather follow a team in the Championship than in the Premier League. More variety of opposition, better prices, entertaining football and far more unpredictable than the Premier League. What's not to like? It';s why there's a large number of Sunderland fans that are genuinely looking forward to the possibility of playing there next year.

I know you won't be able to appreciate that because you're a Man Utd fan and only chose to like them because you're used to them winning all the time, but I am right.

• Like 6

I'm happy with either of the final four teams winning the trophy.

• A win for Bayern would make them the first back to back Champions League winning team since Milan, and that was 20 years ago.
  • A win for Atletico would be a phenomenal underdog story, and it'd be glorious if they also win their domestic league too.
  • A win for Chelsea would make them the winners of three back to back European trophies (CL, EL, CL) as well as giving Jose Mourinho a Champions League win in THREE countries.
  • A win for Real Madrid wouldn't actually seem dirty anymore now there's a genuinely likable core to the team these days.