(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Man, I absolutely adore Shanny. He's even had a conversation with me over twitter and made me feel like the coolest person ever! But I fucking hate the leafs (Although that's more towards how their fans act and not nearly as much as I hate Montreal). I'm torn...

So, after the game yesterday, Bylsma was talking about Scott Hartnell going after Letang...

After the Flyers’ 4-3 overtime win, Bylsma was asked if — even though doctors assured the team and the 26-year-old defenceman that hockey would not put him more at risk for another stroke — he had a little pause seeing Hartnell and Letang shoving each other.

“I did have that thought when that was going on there,” said Bylsma. “(Letang) kind of had the play there and the puck on his skate to try to score a goal. It fell off his stick and the whistle and everything ensued after that. Yeah it does, a guy picking on a guy who had a stroke.”

When told about that last line, Craig Berube said "Then he shouldn't play. He shouldn't be out there playing, bottom line. It's a stupid comment.

Besides being a self-admitted Flyers homer, I would tend to agree with Berube on this one. Letang had a stroke, which is insanely scary, but c'mon..you can't have guys getting special treatment because of it. Teddy Bruschi didn't when he came back in the NFL. All due respect Hewey, but I don't know how you guys live with a coach as douchey as Bylsma.

• Like 1

funny, he had no problem witb Brooks Orpik going headhunting on a guy with a history of concussions.

I've never liked the idea of guys being verbally assaulted because they PLAYED THE GAME against someone who maybe shouldn't be playing, or just doesn't like getting hit.

The idea that someone's hurt, so you don't hit them, is stupid. They're playing. Drill them as hard as you can, so long as it's clean.

The same goes for guys who don't get hit out of reverence or respect. It's stupid. If he's playing, play the game against him the same way you'd play it against anyone else. The league was really bad for that with Nick Lidstrom, and to an extent, the Sedin's. Some guys don't play them physical because they don't want to get caught by their skill and lose them. Makes sense. Lots of guys don't play them physical because they respect them, or don't want to hurt them. That's just terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L4_BNRYtoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJzwKpZnas

Noted guys who never get hit because of respect, the Sedins.

Daniel is falling too so it's tough to call it a super dirty hit. I always have personally said that I really hate hits from behind and you really need to punish them like nothing else but this is a situation where the player is in a bit of a vulnerable position, so some of the blame is alleviated from the guy throwing the hit.

Still, respect? You want see respect?

Respect.

Respect.

The Sedins take their licks, I have no idea where that line of BS comes from. :P