THE ASHES

METALMAN

Huh? Why didn't we enforce the follow on?

Not really sure. Maybe because it's a good batting pitch? Be good if we can bat out the rest of today and most of tomorrow, get a 500/600 lead then have 2 days to bowl them out. Not that we'll need that long!

3 answers to questions posed in the thread:

1 - Swann's wicket of Rogers wasn't a no ball as he's a slow bowler so there's not a no ball for above waist height.

2 - The snickometer isn't used for DRS because it's not instantanious, it takes two-three minutes to get a snickometer result so they can't use it without greatly delaying the game each time.

3 - England have a habit of never enforcing the follow on in recent times, they believe it's best to attempt to build an insurmountable lead and then not bat last chasing on a pitch which is likely to have deteriorated.

[/cricketnerd]

It's getting ridiculous how badly almost everybody is batting. Root's lucky to be there after Haddin decided not to bother trying catching him but at least he's keeping his head for the moment whilst everyone else is losing their minds.

The Australian Cricket Team folks, so pathetic we can't even get a wicket when it's a genuine wicket :facepalm:

Ahhh. I see we're in the "Wait for the England Batsmen to get tired of making runs" portion of our bowling plan :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm glad Joe Root's a member of the board, saw my comments and decided to prove me wrong. I take full credit for his success.

This is getting a little tiresome now, Australia aren't going to make 300 on this pitch let alone 500. It's almost like the MCC have told Alistair Cook not to declare until they can guarantee getting the money in for the fifth day's play.

I'm glad Joe Root's a member of the board, saw my comments and decided to prove me wrong. I take full credit for his success.

This is getting a little tiresome now, Australia aren't going to make 300 on this pitch let alone 500. It's almost like the MCC have told Alistair Cook not to declare until they can guarantee getting the money in for the fifth day's play.

If the MCC really want to guarantee the money for the fifth day, then I expect the declaration will be sometime about....5 o'clock tomorrow. And as an Aussie I really wish that were a joke

Edited by Troy Maskell

I think if you added all our dot balls from this test SERIES it wouldn't make enough to save this test. We're going to have to do an unprecedented amount of leaving and blocking.