THE ASHES

METALMAN

When you're the tenth wicket, why the delay then?

Why delay anyway? My guess is he said something like "I think I hit it" and Swann said "might as well review it, could be a no ball". I don't see how delaying = cheating.

I only think it's that way if you're given out. As I said - if you don't think it's out in that spot, why wait? Alastair Cook turned and walked in an LBW when he thought he was out, and that's the controversial one.

It's not actually "cheating" because the rules allow it, but I have a big problem with reviewing when you know you're out, that's all. I'll buy the no-ball theory, that's plausible. I guess the optics on it for me are worse because it's Broad.

When you're the tenth wicket, why the delay then?

Why delay anyway? My guess is he said something like "I think I hit it" and Swann said "might as well review it, could be a no ball". I don't see how delaying = cheating.

I only think it's that way if you're given out. As I said - if you don't think it's out in that spot, why wait? Alastair Cook turned and walked in an LBW when he thought he was out, and that's the controversial one.

It's not actually "cheating" because the rules allow it, but I have a big problem with reviewing when you know you're out, that's all. I'll buy the no-ball theory, that's plausible. I guess the optics on it for me are worse because it's Broad.

There's tactical reviewing in tennis too, to purposely delay the next point. It happens, and was always one of the arguments against a system like it in football.

Could be another one here pending a review...

...and out!

53-3

Australia now have zero reviews left. Again.

Edited by Starvinho