The all-purpose GTAV Online thread

probablyoliver

Looks like there are 5 new properties ranging from 468 to 500k, all with 10 car garages. Relatively spread out amongst the city too, was expecting them all to be clumped together. Not sure on the differences internally though, not fussed about buying one straight away, probably tons of YouTube videos on them already mind you so should be able to see that way.

Seems like that whole 'state of mind' thing leaves the baddies as red dots on your mini map. Not sure how helpful that will be if you're a bounty hunter though, doesn't seem too easy to tell them apart, unless they've changed the bounty icon.

Oh wow, I think they've nerfed the Rooftop Rumble mission. You seem to start in the hillside, fancy part of town now instead of right outside. People are going to be pissed! :D

I'll probably wind up selling my current apartment to get one of the new ones. Wait, shit, no. I want to own two properties. Hm.

The following difficulty changes are going to be made to the Mission “Rooftop Rumble”:

50% of FIB agents present at the start of the mission now have high accuracy.

Additional FIB agents spawn as players attack the parking garage. The agents spawn in two waves of cars.

After all the agents on foot in the parking lot and the first wave of agents in cars are killed, the mission will either progress in 30 seconds or require players to finish off all FIB agents.

The FIB agent carrying the documents Martin wants now spawns in a vehicle as the mission progresses.

With the new Mental State stat, we are keeping track of your behavior. If you seem to enjoy attacking pedestrians and terrorizing other players, then your blip will start to turn red on other players’ maps. The redder the blip, the more psychotic the player; the whiter the blip, the friendlier they are.

That does sound like it could be a little confusing, assuming the darkest red is the same color red used for bounties.

The actions you take will have varying effects on your Mental State. For example, killing another player will turn your blip red faster than blowing up a car or taking out a random pedestrian. Killing a player with a white blip will push your Mental State into the red faster than killing more psycho players, while taking out full-on psycho players won’t cause your own Mental State stat to increase at all.

Mental state also factors into matchmaking - you’ll automatically join Freemode sessions containing people more ‘compatible’ with your play style, and if a red-blipped lunatic does enter your session, you at least have fair warning!

That actually sounds kind of neat.

New player toasts and celebrations: Switch out your salute for jazz hands, a face palm, a slow clap and more. There are also paired toasts for celebrating with a friend, like a backslap, or a solid, manly handshake.

FACE PALMS AND SLOW CLAPS FOR EVERYONE

Bravado Banshee Topless

Inverto Coquette Topless

Vapid Dominator Ocelot F620

Schyster Fusilade

Maibatsu Penumbra

Ubermacht Sentinel XS

Ubermacht Sentinel (Convertible)

Grotti Stinger Topless

Coil Voltic Topless

All story mode cars now available for purchase. I'm glad I have the option to buy a top down Coquette, I always thought those looked way better than the hardtop ones.

Also apparently the water cannon on the firetruck not firing was a glitch, not something purposely taken out.

Oh, and this sounds cool:

Players are now able to purchase and use more than one set of Body Armour. This works along the same lines as purchasing and using Snacks.

So I guess you could buy five sets of body armor, use one, then when it's all used up you just switch over to one of the other sets you bought instead of having to run back to Ammu-Nation. That will be really handy.

So long as a player has enough Cash in their Wallet or Bank, they will now be able to purchase items without having to move Cash around.

FUCKING FINALLY

Edited by Cloudy Rocker

Fixed an issue where the Bong animation did not sync properly between multiple players in the same apartment.

Fixed an issue in low end apartments where the player and camera could snap into position when taking a Bong hit.

Downloaded it and fucked around a bit before work with the new cars in story mode. The SUV seems just about as good as the others. They are not really my cup of tea, so I didn't spend much time with it.

The Massacro is pretty sweet, looks nice, and has a ton of customization options. I think I will be purchasing one.

The Zentorno is stupid fast, but I don't much care for the looks of it. Not a ton of custom options either, although the last choice in spoilers looks pretty neat. At over 700 grand, I will definitely be passing.

The new apartments are all pricey, so I think I will stick with the one I have, and buy the stand alone 10 car garage in the bottom right of the map.