The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

It's staying watchable for me. Given that I watched Da Vincis Demons all the way through, and that was dogshit, I'll certainly give this another couple of weeks. It's not horrible, but its just not a format that allows for great drama. Stick this in an 80s schedule with the A-Team and Knight Rider and it'd be amazing.

It was never going to be nor does it need to be, to be an effective show. The films aren't setup for it and neither is network TV right now so I'm not quite sure what people expected.
  • Like 1

It's staying watchable for me. Given that I watched Da Vincis Demons all the way through, and that was dogshit, I'll certainly give this another couple of weeks. It's not horrible, but its just not a format that allows for great drama. Stick this in an 80s schedule with the A-Team and Knight Rider and it'd be amazing.

It was never going to be nor does it need to be, to be an effective show. The films aren't setup for it and neither is network TV right now so I'm not quite sure what people expected.

I never said it would be, but that tends to be what's in vogue in terms of tv these days so may explain the critical reaction. I think the tricky thing is that the films have the benefit of recognisable characters, familiar stories for fans, and a lower running time than a full season of tv episodes, SHIELD has the harder job of making me care for its cast. I do still prefer it to Revolution though as far as action tv goes, at least it actually has the odd likeable character. Yul Brynner excepted of course.

Episode 3 was pretty neat. I think a lot of the characters are starting to find their stride, we got a little bit of development for everybody involved and...

Major, major, major, major, major spoiler!!!

Coulson just created Graviton! That is most assuredly going to come back to bite him in the ass in a bad, bad way. Now if we could see what an episode based around creating a super hero would look like, this show would have me hooked forever.

Major, major, major, major, major spoiler!!!

Coulson just created Graviton! That is most assuredly going to come back to bite him in the ass in a bad, bad way. Now if we could see what an episode based around creating a super hero would look like, this show would have me hooked forever.

^ THAT

As soon as Coulson made his "tough call" I blurted out ... HELL YEAH ! The wife needed some explanation as to why and after I did she agreed it was pretty sweet.

If this is the kind of stuff we get going forward, I like it.

Yeah, that was awesome. Also Fitz's monkey suggestion was one of the first full-on great Whedonesque jokes the show's had. Of the non-Coulson characters he was the one who stood out this week.

Coulson is definitely a life model decoy/some sort of android. The muscle memory line at the end gave it away.

Yeah, that was awesome. Also Fitz's monkey suggestion was one of the first full-on great Whedonesque jokes the show's had. Of the non-Coulson characters he was the one who stood out this week.

Coulson is definitely a life model decoy/some sort of android. The muscle memory line at the end gave it away.

I have been calling

Fury-bot Coulson-bot since the TV series was first announced, It always seemed so much more obvious (and less convenient/fluffy) than the alternative suggestion of "no, see, he totally survived being stabbed through the chest and they just faked his death to motivate the Avengers".

Would it be too loopy to speculate that his personality is being simulated by a prototype of the Ultron AI?

I have been calling

Fury-bot Coulson-bot since the TV series was first announced, It always seemed so much more obvious (and less convenient/fluffy) than the alternative suggestion of "no, see, he totally survived being stabbed through the chest and they just faked his death to motivate the Avengers".

Would it be too loopy to speculate that his personality is being simulated by a prototype of the Ultron AI?

This is what I was thinking as well when the show first started. Using Life Model Decoys and such could be a great way to build up towards The Avengers 2. I don't see why this couldn't be field tests for the idea of Ultron.

I have been calling

This is what I was thinking as well when the show first started. Using Life Model Decoys and such could be a great way to build up towards The Avengers 2. I don't see why this couldn't be field tests for the idea of Ultron.

I find it much more likely that we will end up with Coulson finding out that he's a clone. LMD's are remote-operated by their real life counterpart. It's possible that he's some kind of robot, but it wouldn't be an LMD I wouldn't think.

I also wouldn't expect Nick Fury to put an untested AI in charge of an elite team of agents that operates without his direct supervision. So I would say that it's more likely that he's a clone of some kind. Whether he is a straight clone, or they used the magic of Asgard or maybe even a Dr. Strange to re-attach Coulson's soul to a body, I'm not certain yet. But I'd wager that he is a clone.

I found the start of this last episode to be bewildering. They think they have a mole in the organization that's just recently popped up and not one of them looks at Skye and says "oh wait...maybe its her."

It wasn't even worth 15 seconds to ponder it?

I found the start of this last episode to be bewildering. They think they have a mole in the organization that's just recently popped up and not one of them looks at Skye and says "oh wait...maybe its her."

The mole was the person who leaked that Dr Hall was in the back of the truck (which we later discovered was the doctor himself) and that's the only thing they leaked. Skye had never heard of Dr Hall before Coulson mentioned him. It's been hinted she's still working with Rising Tide but SHIELD either don't know, they don't particularly care or they do know but they're using it (and Skye) to their advantage. Besides, the ending seemed to suggest she was committing to SHIELD's cause for real

• Like 1

The mole was the person who leaked that Dr Hall was in the back of the truck (which we later discovered was the doctor himself) and that's the only thing they leaked. Skye had never heard of Dr Hall before Coulson mentioned him. It's been hinted she's still working with Rising Tide but SHIELD either don't know, they don't particularly care or they do know but they're using it (and Skye) to their advantage. Besides, the ending seemed to suggest she was committing to SHIELD's cause for real

Saying you've never heard of someone to a hacker who brags that she hacked sheild with a laptop and now she's invited on to the team isn't much of a defense. I'm not saying it had to be the focus of the show, but no one brought it up at all? That's weak.