EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

- No info on Cody Crowe.
- Lower Corrupted Youth's wages to 5000.
- Lower Crappy The Clown's wages to 5000.
- Make Cuefa a non-wrestler. Lower wages to 5000.
- Change Curt Daniels' name to Danny Jaxx. Make him a heavyweight(240 lbs). Lower wages to 9000.
- Dan Evans is inactive. Lower wages to 5000.
- Dangerous Derek is inactive, make him a non-wrestler. He's also a heavyweight(235 lbs). Lower wages to 7000.
- No matches for Danny Drake since 2003, lower wages to 3000.
- Add two tag teams for Darren Dalton. 1 with Rex Roberts, The Original Thug Crew(5 exp). The other with Massive Damage, Tattooed Terminators(10 exp). Check SS Look and Menacing for Darren Dalton, raise charisma to 64, brawl to 66, and tech to 44.
- Check announcer for David Lanham and raise charisma to 69.
- Dean Champion is British. Lower wages to 7000 and over to 8.
- Dennis Allen retired in 2007. Check Announcer, Booker, and Trainer. Lower wages to 6000.
- Lower Devin Allen's wages to 7000.
- Lower Devin Nash's charisma to 48 and wages to 6000.
- Check Shooting(Knows Judo) and Announcer for Dino Scarlo. He's also a lightweight(200 lbs). Lower wages to 3000.
- Lower Dirk Ciglar's wages to 7000.
- Lower Donnie DiCaprio's wages to 8000.
- Raise Dr. Cube's wages to 7000 and over to 15.
- Lower Dr. Heresy's wages to 7000.
- No info on Drew Pain.
- Lower Dylan Dean's over to 7 and wages to 2000.
- Dylan Night is a heavyweight. Lower wages to 9000.
- Lower Eddie Mustang's wages to 5000.
- Eddie Watts is 45. Lower wages to 6000 and over to 11.
- Lower Father Juan Valdez's wages to 5000.

ECCW Updates:

Alex Plexis should be a heel, change his gimmick to Cocky

Azeem should be a heel

Bishop should be a heel, change his gimmick to Old School Heel

Cremator should be a heel

El Phantasmo should be a heel, change his gimmick to either Arrogant or Cocky

Ethan HD should be a heel, seeing as ECCW is a Canadian company and he's from the US, I suggest that he'd be Pro USA

Gurv Sihra should be a face

Harv Sihra should be a face

Hellion Reaper should be a heel

Mike Santiago should be a heel, seeing as ECCW is a Canadian company and he's from the US, I suggest that he'd be Pro USA

Nicole Matthews should be a face, change her gimmick to Cocky

Scotty Mac should be a tweener

- Remove Alex Plexis from The Riot

- Delete The Administration

- Create a stable called: Amerika (Leader: J-Sin Sullivan, Azeem, Ethan HD and Mike Santiago)

- Create a tag team between Jamie Diaz and Jordie Taylor (exp. 5)

- Rename Super Stache Brothers to Gentlemen of Distinct Superiority aka. G.O.D.S

- Masked Dudes of Doom, Tits and Abs, Sid and Nikki should all be inactive

That's all I have for now. If I think of anything more, I will add it.

Edited by KyleCanada

I was reading this and one suggested change made me laugh.

Eddie Osbourne is a lightweight(211 lbs). Change finishers to Final Impact(Impact) and Fujiwara Armbar(Submission). Raise wages to 8000. Check high spots

I have no idea where this info is from, but Eddie is absolutely not a lightweight. The rest is fine, but he is well over 230lbs.

I was reading this and one suggested change made me laugh.

Eddie Osbourne is a lightweight(211 lbs). Change finishers to Final Impact(Impact) and Fujiwara Armbar(Submission). Raise wages to 8000. Check high spots

I have no idea where this info is from, but Eddie is absolutely not a lightweight. The rest is fine, but he is well over 230lbs.

Beg to differ my friend: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=7473

Remove Masada from DG-USA, I don;t remember the last time he actually appeared for them.

The same with Reby Sky.

He hasn't appeared anywhere since August because of a knee injury he suffered in May.

But yeah, remove him from DGUSA. According to cagematch he hasn't appeared in there or EVOLVE since December of last year.

I'm thinking I need to make my posts shorter because it seems like no one is reading them :lol:

I'll say all of this one more time, but please bear in mind this is the fourth time on this thread page I've had to repeat the same information and yet the same responses come back repeating the same misconceptions about what this featuer does in EWR. I thought this was going to be a super simple thing to explain, as there was a basic misunderstanding taking place, albeit a perfectly reasonable one.

People assumed (logically!) that the 'shooting tick' was a measure of someones ability to 'shoot' or whether they have ever trained in some way in a martial art. It doesn't. The only effect it has in the game is to determine if Pride FC would sign them to fight.

Apologies for the long post, but multiple people have responded and I thought I would give it one more try to explain...

*deep breath*

Fusionfx says:

---------

1. ) Only argument I need right now is that anybody that has had MMA or Boxing training of any kind(mainly the ones mkpunk listed), deserves shooting ticked.

2. )Edit: And another thing snakesonaplane, because some of the guys you're saying shouldn't have shooting ticked, should they have their technical skills dropped?

----------------------------

1.) Although that is a common sense understanding of something called 'shooting' in a wrestling game, it's not actually how the 'tick' works in the game world, it's not that in-depth or impactful.

As previously stated, the 'shooting tick' is not a measure of a workers real-life shooting ability or experience or knowledge of MMA techniques. The 'shooting tick' serves only one purpose, and that is to determine whether the individual worker in question will ever be offered a contract to tour with Pride FC (a Japanese UFC equivalent).

I've explained in great detail in three previous posts who would be likely to be offered a Pride contract, but in short it's only a handful of workers in the data set.

2.) No, as I explained the 'shooting tick' is not an indicator of a workers ability to 'shoot' or perform a certain style, like put on a great submission or fake MMA fight. It only determines if Pride FC will offer that worker a touring contract in-game. Whether or not someone has the 'tick' should have zero impact on their technical or any other skills, as the tick is a barometer of whether they are likely to offered a contract to fight in real MMA pride only, it has nothing to do with worked skills or matches.

1. ) Saying that we need to look at who UFC or Pride would sign are the only ones who should have it ticked makes no sense... In 2004, NOBODY would or could have predicted Brock Lesnar signing with UFC, let alone becoming champ. I mean he has not had a bazillion training hours, he just happens to be a big guy trained in Amateur Wrestling that used his size to his advantage. Same goes with Bobby Lashley, Batista... Hell Pride signed Akebono, a man who again doesn't have the training you seem to be putting on a pedastal.

2.) Do I think the people who have stats need to be looked at? Yea, for sure... I'm pretty certain that Annie Social has it ticked for Oil Wrestling... I could be wrong, but I don't think shes trained to shoot.

3.) That being said, anyone with legit fighting training/experience should have it ticked; thats MMA, Boxing, Amateur Wrestling, Kickboxing, BJJ, etc.

4. ) Trish Stratus was/is training in Muay Thai, had an amateur fight and at one point contemplated moving into MMA. Tell me UFC wouldnt sign her if she asked. Amazing Kong also trained for MMA while in Japan. As far as I'm concerned, they should have it ticked.

NOT football, american or otherwise. Thats dumb.

1.) Actually, looking at who has had actual MMA fights (or really high level combat skills) is basically the only realistic way to determine if some would be likely to be offered a fight contract by a MMA company, I mean, generally that is generally who MMA companies sign to contracts no? MMA fighters.

The data-set is not set in 2004 so our ability to predict the future really isn't relevant. Sure when Brock debuted in the WWE no one would have known he would be a UFC champion, but so what? If someone doesn't have the 'shooting tick' but starts an MMA career it would simply be a matter of giving them the 'tick' to reflect this. Its against the purpose of the 'tick' to just give heaps of people with no MMA fighting experience the ability to tour with Pride, when approaching 95% of them would never come within a mile of a MMA company because they are not MMA fighters and never have tried to be.

You're right Akebono is not a real MMA fighter, he was signed by Pride as a freak-show like Giant Silva (these guys are the exception to the rule). The only reason he appeared in Pride is because a.) he got paid a lot as he was a famous sumo wrestler, b.) Pride was a Japanese company and in Japan sumo like Akebono are highly respected and regarded as legit tough guys. The fact a successful sumo appeared in a Japanese MMA company speaks to the cultural context of Japan, Sumo and MMA in Japan, rather than any more general point that would justify including non-Japanese, non-sumo, untrained guys as potential participants in Pride.

Please read my previous posts on this page for more explanation.

2.) Just to reiterate no female should have 'shooting' ticked, because in the game women can't be offered contracts with Pride so giving them the 'tick' is completely redundant.

3.) No, they shouldn't because i'm pretty sure when you say 'legit fighting training/experience' you mean any pro-wrestler that has done a BJJ class or was at one time an amateur wrestler. 'Experience' or 'training' in something for fun, or to augment your ability to put on a worked wrestling match by using cool looking grapples, or kicks does not make it probable that that person will be offered a fight contract to tour with a major MMA company, i.e. CM Punk will never appear in Pride.

4.) I think it's pretty clear that a.) you haven't read my posts explaining how this feature actually works before replying, and b.) in general, you don't understand how the feature works. As I have already stated women can't be offered contracts with Pride, no woman should have the 'shooting tick'.

1.) I could see guys like Kyle O'Reilly, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Davey Richards going to a promotion like BATTLEARTS, UWF or UWF-I which are more wrestling inspired "shoot" fighting.

2.) Shoot in the game is for shoot fight experience which could include shoot training due to groups like Battlearts (not sure if they go off shooting ability ticked.

*quote snipped*

3. ) I think this is the best argument for what SHOULD be included for shooting ability. Though I would add the Harts due to their obvious experience in Dungeon.

mkpunk did you read my post? If not, why are you replying to it? Sorry I don't mean to sound snarky, but i must admit i'm becoming a bit frustrated at the level of repetition required of me here. Like I understand why people are making these suggestions, because really that is a logical conclusion to draw... but the 'shooting tick' has a much more discrete function in the game, and has no bearing on a workers skill or past experiences.

1.) Although I agree, I could see those guys working in a worked shoot promotion in Japan, this is sadly - nothing to do with the 'shoot tick'.

2.) Actually no, that isn't the purpose of 'shooting' in EWR at all, like there is obviously cross-over with people who have had shoot-fighting experience, but specifically shooting in EWR simply means whether the worker is likely to be signed to a fight contract with Pride, a legit fight rather than shoot fight organisation.

If you had read my post you would have seen the part where I explained that despite appearances the 'shooting tick' actually isn't a measure of a persons ability to 'shoot' in a pro-wrestling sense at all. The only thing that this feature affects is whether a worker can or will be offered a contract to tour with Pride FC, a defunct but in its time, completely legit and large MMA company based in Japan... basically Japanese UFC without the cage. I don't see CM Punk ever appearing in the UFC, people who appear in the UFC have dedicated their lives to train for MMA or if not, at least several years. Exceptions being freak guys who have competed at the super elite level of other combat sports, super elite level, not college or high school wrestling.

3.) As explained previously, 'shooting' isn't actually about shooting ability, a lot of people have ability. I have ability, but the chances of me being offered a fight contract with Pride FC are so low that they approach zero. It breaks the realism of 'simulation' to suggest that virtually anyone with any level or knowledge of MMA (or worse, things that arent even MMA like college wrestling), is a chance to turn up fighting in Pride FC (or UFC for comparison).

By virtue of their inclusion in a database as 'pro-wrestlers' for a wrestling simulation game, the overwhelming majority of the workers in any given EWR data-set are not likely to feature for a large MMA company like Pride FC (which to reiterate, is the only consequence for ticking 'shooting' in EWR), as these people are pro-wrestlers, and have not trained sufficiently, possess the skill or physical qualities necessary to compete in MMA.

The 'best' argument, the only relevant argument, as to whether someone should have shooting ticked is it likely they could compete in Pride? If the answer is no, no tick. If the answer is no and there is a tick then you're just ignoring the game mechanics for no reason.

Edited by snakesonaplane

In this example I'll substitute Pride FC for UFC since I think more people understand what UFC is, and Pride FC occupied the same status within Japan whilst it existed.

If you tick 'shooting' for a worker in EWR it means they become eligible to be signed to tour with Pride [read: the UFC] on a fight contract. On the current treatment of shooting, how realistic does this card look to you?

UFC 167

Fight Card:

Undercard

1.) 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Buff Bagwell

2.) New Jack vs. Dolph Ziggler

3.) Eric Bischoff vs. Jonathan Coachman

Main Card:

4.) AJ Styles vs. Elix Skipper

5.) Hardcore Holly vs. James Storm

7.) Randy Orton vs. RVD

8.) Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks (for the UFC Welterweight Championship)

UFC Heavyweight Championship - Cain vs JDS IV!

9.) Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos
------------------------

All of these guys currently have 'shooting' ticked, this would be the result in game, although replace some of the american workers with actual Pride guys mostly likely Japanese or actual american MMA fighters like Mark Coleman, or Kevin Randleman.

I don't think we'll be seeing The Stro or Tracy Smothers vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 169.

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 1

Does BattleArts actually not base it off of shooting? If it does guys who wrestled for UWF, UWF-I, New Japan in 04 and that should be included as well as those with MMA training and hooking. (EDIT: The BattleArts/"Worked" MMA style was never addressed other than it is not a "shoot.")

I still don't get why it is called shooting ability if it is meant for solely for martial arts. I mean everyone in wrestling accepts shoot as legit. That is why those like Mike Barton and Hardcore Holly who participated in Brawl For All have it as well as boxers (Konnan, Marc Mero, Baron Corbin), amateur wrestlers, Hart Dungeon trainees and those like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan who trained with legit MMA training camps. (Now obviously we cannot change the tick as the coding to the game was lost years ago but there is a language issue because shooting can include hooking and not just going into a legit fight.)

Out of the workers from matches 1-7, I can only expect Hardcore Holly and maybe New Jack and Eric Bischoff to legitmately be possibilities on the UFC card. Hardcore because he is a legitamate tough guy and Eric Bischoff because he thinks he's tough (plus his Karate experience.) As for New Jack, he is legit tough and just plain crazy enough to (if he can get past testing.)

Edited by mkpunk

1.) Does BattleArts actually not base it off of shooting? If it does guys who wrestled for UWF, UWF-I, New Japan in 04 and that should be included as well as those with MMA training and hooking. (EDIT: The BattleArts/"Worked" MMA style was never addressed other than it is not a "shoot.")

2.) I still don't get why it is called shooting ability if it is meant for solely for martial arts. I mean everyone in wrestling accepts shoot as legit. That is why those like Mike Barton and Hardcore Holly who participated in Brawl For All have it as well as boxers (Konnan, Marc Mero, Baron Corbin), amateur wrestlers, Hart Dungeon trainees and those like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan who trained with legit MMA training camps. (Now obviously we cannot change the tick as the coding to the game was lost years ago but there is a language issue because shooting can include hooking and not just going into a legit fight.)

Out of the workers from matches 1-7, I can only expect Hardcore Holly and maybe New Jack and Eric Bischoff to legitmately be possibilities on the UFC card. Hardcore because he is a legitamate tough guy and Eric Bischoff because he thinks he's tough (plus his Karate experience.) As for New Jack, he is legit tough and just plain crazy enough to (if he can get past testing.)

I think i'm going to cry. :crying:

Lucky work is super slow right now so I can prolong this conversation to another page :lol: Maybe this could all be split out of the thread? I dunno... anyway;

1.) Battlarts isn't really relevant, we're talking about Pride FC (or UFC) fighting, or realistic options for these only. Get all that other stuff away from this conversation, it's just confusing the point. But, yes some of those guys appeared in Pride.

2.) It's because it's meant soley to control who gets offered a contract to fight with Pride, a MMA promotion for MMA fighters, not pro-wrestlers --> hence it's meant for martial artists only. The 'shooting tick' exists solely so the game engine knows who could realistically end up there, precisely to avoid the absurd situation of having Eric Bischoff fighting Tito Ortiz in a legit MMA fight.

So yeah, I disagree that there is a greater than 0% chance Eric Bischoff will ever fight in the UFC, I mean come on - the guy is like 55 at least? And it's probably been how long since his Karate background was relevant? 30 years? Like you can't be serious? New Jack? Hardcore Holly?

I chose those people specifically because they are absurd and should never be considered. If you think any of thoese people are likely to end up on a UFC card anytime in the future, I have to question whether or not you watch the UFC or know what MMA is? When was the last time UFC signed a 50+ year old who probably learned Karate at a local school when he was like a teenager? Or an unfit former garbage wrestler with no MMA training whatsoever?

This seems like you're just trolling me now... :unsure:

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 2

i'm going to cry. :crying:

[snipped]

1.) Battlarts isn't really relevant, we're talking about Pride FC (or UFC) fighting, or realistic options for these only. Get all that other stuff away from this conversation, it's just confusing the point. But, yes some of those guys appeared in Pride.

I'm banging my head against the wall because you aren't answering me and instead say how BattleArts is worked (I know that) and "irrelevant" (IMO if it was irrelevant, why was it included in the game?)

2.) It's because it's meant soley to control who gets offered a contract to fight with Pride, a MMA promotion for MMA fighters, not pro-wrestlers --> hence it's meant for martial artists only. The 'shooting tick' exists solely so the game engine knows who could realistically end up there, precisely to avoid the absurd situation of having Eric Bischoff fighting Tito Ortiz in a legit MMA fight.

So yeah, I disagree that there is a greater than 0% chance Eric Bischoff will ever fight in the UFC, I mean come on - the guy is like 55 at least? And it's probably been how long since his Karate background was relevant? 30 years? Like you can't be serious? New Jack? Hardcore Holly?

I chose those people specifically because they are absurd and should never be considered. If you think any of thoese people are likely to end up on a UFC card anytime in the future, I have to question whether or not you watch the UFC or know what MMA is? When was the last time UFC signed a 50+ year old who probably learned Karate at a local school when he was like a teenager? Or an unfit former garbage wrestler with no MMA training whatsoever?

One person's "absurd" is not. The original UFC format was taking the best fighters from one discipline against another. Dan Severn could fight Royce Gracie to see if a martial artist or a wrestler is a better athlete.

K-1 and PRIDE were more refined (due to the issues early UFC faced with being "barbaric" as US Senator of Arizona John McCain put it) but there were still kickboxers who would fight with other disciplines. I am not saying every worker should have shooting ability ticked but it shouldn't be a short few who have participated in UFC and PRIDE. Why not include toughman in there? Toughman was virtually the same as Brawl For All.

This seems like you're just trolling me now... :unsure:

And you seem to be continually ducking my question about BattleArts no matter how many times I ask does it rely on shooting technique like Pride does. Unless there is a Japanese Touring group criteria document that I am missing, I have never heard how say Toryumon (now Dragon Gate) gets one guy and another promotion say BattleArts gets another while PRIDE gets someone else entirely.

mkpunk says,

---------------
I'm banging my head against the wall because you aren't answering me and instead say how BattleArts is worked (I know that) and "irrelevant" (IMO if it was irrelevant, why was it included in the game?)
-------------

I already said some of the guys from Battlarts worked Pride and so fit there. The reason why I said Battlarts isn't really relevant is because whether someone worked there isn't a test of whether they could/would for Pride, since one is worked shoot and one actually real MMA. But I already said some of the Bati Bati guys and UWF guys should be ticked, and many of them are listed in the Japanese workers I posted in previous post. Battlarts is included in the game because it's a wrestling promotion and EWR is a wrestling promotion simulator. Pride FC is included in the game because it simulates the cross-over (in Japan) between puroresu and MMA. Also again to clarify this point, having 'shooting' ticked will not make someone likely to tour with Battlarts in the game, it's solely related to Pride touring.

What is left to answer? I don't get it, this discussion is who should have 'shooting' ticked, I said it's people who have or could realistically (i.e. in real life) be offered a fight contract with Pride (or the UFC), you asked what about guys from Battlarts? I've stated already yes, some of those guys were in Pride, but that shooting doesn't relate to whether someone is likely to participate in worked shooting, or sign with Battlarts - its Pride FC only.

------------------------------------------------

One person's "absurd" is not. The original UFC format was taking the best fighters from one discipline against another. Dan Severn could fight Royce Gracie to see if a martial artist or a wrestler is a better athlete.
-------------------------

Obviously i'm subjective, but my statement is firmly rooted in an understanding of contemporary UFC, you seem to think MMA is in a 1990s time-warp. Really though, if you think Eric Bischoff or New Jack are likely to ever appear in the UFC, I don't think we'll ever agree on anything, because to me that is like saying it's possible that I could be in the UFC, sure it's 'possible' - but probable? No.

The UFC has not used this format in over a decade, this view of the UFC is archaic. The UFC as it exists in 2013 (this is a 2013 database), pits professional MMA fighters against each other, it hasn't been a 'lets watch a boxer fight a karate guy' type freak show in a long, long time.

Neither Tracy Smothers, RVD, Eric Bischoff, New Jack etc. are in the same universe as Dan Severn and Royce Gracie. But then again, I can't see a guy like Dan Severn being offered of a contract in the UFC today either, as the sport is professional now, and Dan is 55 years old (at least according to cagematch.net :pervert: )

--------------------------

K-1 and PRIDE were more refined (due to the issues early UFC faced with being "barbaric" as US Senator of Arizona John McCain put it) but there were still kickboxers who would fight with other disciplines. I am not saying every worker should have shooting ability ticked but it shouldn't be a short few who have participated in UFC and PRIDE. Why not include toughman in there? Toughman was virtually the same as Brawl For All.
-------------------------

Yes, K-1 included kickboxers because K-1 was a kickboxing promotion, it featured kickboxing matches exclusively. Pride also featured kickboxers because professional kickboxers are quasi-MMA fighters in their own right. But what Pride did not do was feature pro-wrestlers from the US who did a kick-boxing course in their local gym, or a pro-wrestler from the US who learned karate as a teenager. How many former Pride FC fighters fit that criteria, your criteria? Zero.

The distinction between someone who is a professional fighter and/or has the training/skill level necessary to participate in a professional MMA fight, and someone who doesn't should be quite obvious. None of those guys in my fantasy UFC card meet that threshold. Also considering many of those guys are very old, Bischoff is 56, they should be excluded automatically. The UFC does not hire 56 year olds, period.

Because competing in toughman doesn't make you likely to sign a UFC contract? Ditto for Brawl For All. Unless someone is likely to appear in the UFC in the future, not could maybe, but likely, they don't qualify for the tick, because the tick is designed to simulate people like that only. Since *deep breath* the tick is only meant to be given to people who would have signed with Pride if it still existed.

----------------------------------

And you seem to be continually ducking my question about BattleArts no matter how many times I ask does it rely on shooting technique like Pride does. Unless there is a Japanese Touring group criteria document that I am missing, I have never heard how say Toryumon (now Dragon Gate) gets one guy and another promotion say BattleArts gets another while PRIDE gets someone else entirely.

----------------------------------------------

I'm not 'ducking' in anyway whatsoever, this question involves me repeating myself over and over and explaining the same concept in 10 different ways before I can move on. You already know what Battlarts style is, since you were the one to bring it up? Why would you need me to answer a question about what its technique is?

For the nth time, Pride isn't about 'shooting technique' it's MMA. You already said you know that Bati Bati is worked shoot so why are you asking me to explain the relationship between their styles to you over and over? Yes the fake-MMA style is similar to the MMA style, but whether their style is similar isn't relevant to the discussion - that was my point. Of course something that is an imitation will be similar to the original. Yes some of the Bati Bati guys worked in Pride and competed in legit MMA fights. Yes many of the Bati Bati guys should have shooting ticked as I suggest many posts ago when I posted a small list of Japanese fighters who had competed in Pride. No, the 'shooting tick' doesn't affect who will tour with Battlarts in the game.

As for the latter part of your statement, it's not my fault the game is designed this way. It's also not my fault if you don't understand how the game works or my explanation of it, i'm trying really hard here.

I would hazard a guess that the reason why touring with Pride FC is treated differently to Dragon Gate or Battlarts is because unlike these Pride FC isn't pro-wrestling, and so only a special group of people in the data should be eligible to tour there, because its not a worked fighting style - it requires a specific set of skills independant of pro-wrestling that few pro-wrestlers have.. Pride FC is in the game to simulate cross-over pro-wrestlers/MMA stars, is a Japanese company, and designed mainly for Japanese workers to simulate the Japanese pro-wrestling industry and its relationship with MMA. It's a feature designed for Japan basically.

The game views (correctly) Battlarts and Dragon Gate as pro-wrestling, so the eligibility to tour there is based on pro-wrestling skills (the shooting tick is irrelevant there), where as Pride FC is a MMA company in a pro-wrestling world, and so wrestling skills are not relevant. Rather it scans the data and selects any worker with 'shooting' ticked to decide who will tour with Pride. This is the only time the game recognises or uses the shooting tick in any way. That is why instead of ticking shooting for anyone we think has any martials knowledge, we actually need to be thinking, would it be realistic for this person to be signed to fight in Pride or the UFC?

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 4

Thank you, all I wanted was a clear answer about BattleArts. I wasn't getting it. I appreciate it. Sorry if I was being an idiot. I agree many who were listed in the UFC were straw men who have no business being considered. A Daniel Bryan however was considering to be a grappler after his wrestling career is over http://www.chicagonow.com/mma-disputed/2012/04/from-vegan-to-mma-daniel-bryan/. CM Punk however would consider an MMA fight or two http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1041359-wwe-champion-cm-punk-talks-ufc-connection-interest-in-a-fight-and-much-more.

• Like 1

No worries, sorry if I was rude at all. Fair enough, I think as both are signed in game to WWE anyway so won't be touring with Pride unless they are released, and it wouldn't be until after their WWE careers are over that they would consider MMA... so that could work. If someone actually says, 'i'm considering doing MMA in the future', then we probably don't need to tick 'shooting' for them until they act on that, but I'd be much less opposed to using the tick for people in that situation than people who have never said such things.

Edited by snakesonaplane

K, first... You having to repeat the same thing four times on one page isn't a sign that we're all id ots, so much as it implies that you refuse to believe you can be wrong about this. Check the ego at the door dude.

Second, women having the stat is not redundant. Any owner that "prefers MMA" will concentrate their hirings on Shooting workers, meaning they can be signed to one of those promotions within the game.

At this point, you're being a dick by treating everyone that has a differing opinion of yours. And you were clearly in the minority.

Fact, anyone with MMA training can theoretically fight in UFC whether they want to or not. Or Belator, or any other smaller MMA fed out there... There are tons of them, so no I refuse to accept that only people at a UFC level of fighting should be considered fighters or worthy of the shooting stat. At that logic Cristiane Cyborg and Gina Carano... They're fakes too right?

Thats like saying only people who've wrestled at WWE deserve to be considered pro wrestlers. Sounds stupid, right?

The stat is there for people who CAN shoot a wrestling match; not people who HAVE fought real fights. So yea, training counts.

• Like 1