EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Look, let's just break this down in real terms right now:

The only thing 'shooting ability' does is determine whether or not someone can work for PRIDE.

No one in the current database can work for PRIDE because it no longer exists.

Therefore, untick the 'shooting ability' box for every single worker.

Problem solved!

That seems pretty solid to me. :shifty:

• Like 1

arwrestling gets it. Anybody who has had training of any kind(Boxing, Sumo, Sambo, Jiu-jitsu, MMA, anything along those lines) but not actually gotten into the cage for an actual fight deserves shooting.

Why? What purpose does it serve in the game?

Someone who wrestled in high school or college is no more likely to work for an MMA company that I'm likely to play Premiership Football because I was on my high school football team. Apply some common sense, and think about what the stat means in the game, not about what your definition of "shooting" is.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, the "shooting" option only applies to whether or not Pride will hire that worker. Anything else is irrelevant.

No, but everybody that has had shooting training of any kind in the fucking real world deserves to have it checked in the damn game as well. I mean we are trying to reflect the real world as much as possible with this game. Do you not see the point I'm(along with arwrestling) are trying to fucking make?

• Like 2

Do you not see the point I'm(along with arwrestling) are trying to fucking make?

Everyone sees your point. It's just a factually inaccurate point built on inaccurate beliefs in the face of overwhelmingly contradictive evidence.

It's quite staggering really.

• Like 6

So, for the sake of realism, you want the game to populate a dead organization with workers who never did and never will work there. For the sake of realism. to better reflect the real world you want to ignore the promotions closure in the real world and have people who never worked there suddenly join ranks. For the sake of realism.

Do you know what the word realism means? Have you ever been to a real world? What about Disneyworld?

• Like 6

As snakesonaplane said, for the sake of realism, let's believe that Pride FC is the same thing as the UFC. Pride and the UFC are two MMA companies therefore they are the same thing. Anybody who has shooting training deserves Shooting. Oh and a question: if this is such a big issue now, why wasn't this brought up months ago, if not even fucking years ago?

Oh and a question: if this is such a big issue now, why wasn't this brought up months ago, if not even fucking years ago?

Because no one has really been interested in turning a critical eye toward what the game mechanics actually mean in the game until snakesonaplane showed up, and because of years of complacent "i have read cagematch here are some things"-style discussions suddenly turning on their ear, you reacted like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLaX8UvVUQw

• Like 2

For the sake of realism, UFC and Pride are the same thing, NFl is BJJ, and dogs are cats. Man when you throw logic out the fucking window realism is awesome.

• Like 6

Also.

arwrestling gets it. Anybody who has had training of any kind(Boxing, Sumo, Sambo, Jiu-jitsu, MMA, anything along those lines) but not actually gotten into the cage for an actual fight deserves shooting.

Why? What purpose does it serve in the game?

Someone who wrestled in high school or college is no more likely to work for an MMA company that I'm likely to play Premiership Football because I was on my high school football team. Apply some common sense, and think about what the stat means in the game, not about what your definition of "shooting" is.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, the "shooting" option only applies to whether or not Pride will hire that worker. Anything else is irrelevant.

No, but everybody that has had shooting training of any kind in the fucking real world deserves to have it checked in the damn game as well. I mean we are trying to reflect the real world as much as possible with this game. Do you not see the point I'm(along with arwrestling) are trying to fucking make?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY70jfJUSr4

• Like 2