EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Here is the truth on Cagematch. What they do, is they take data from promotions roster pages and straight copy and paste it. Which is fine, they provide a lot of infomation. However, the fact of the matter is that this information gets outdated.

Take even me for example, they took my information from a website that hasn't been active in over 2 years. It lists my finisher as a move I haven't won a match with in over 2 years. Eddie Osborne did used to weigh 211 lbs, now he is probably closer to 250 at last I saw him a few months ago. Of course I am not trying to make a big deal out of 1 guys weight, I am trying to point out as a whole that relying on cagematch is not the best idea, especially when it comes to someone you are not the slightest bit familiar with. And telling me I'm wrong because the internet says just further proves it since my source is being in the same room as them.

If we are trying to make the data more accurate, maybe changes shouldn't be suggested because you google searched someone you don't know.

Nope, I still go by cagematch and that wrestlingdata page. As for who I think deserves shooting ticked, it still stands.

And seriously dude, as pointed out the Shooting mechanic does absoltely zero in game. As in, you could have everybody checked or nobody checked and it won't ever make a single difference in the game ever. Despite what you believe or do not believe counts as shooting, none of it matters to EWR post Pride FC closing, therefore is pointless to even suggest or talk about.

Also, by your standards, check Shooting for Player Uno because we were taught how to shoot wrestle and he can beat me in it 9 times out of 10.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 13

Have we ignored the fact that we have pretty much destroyed fusionFX's total fucking reliance on Cagematch - with him trying to argue against something who fucking KNOWS the man that is being discussed? I mean.. god damn, seriously.

We did that last month, he doesn't care.

• Like 1

Have we ignored the fact that we have pretty much destroyed fusionFX's total fucking reliance on Cagematch - with him trying to argue against something who fucking KNOWS the man that is being discussed? I mean.. god damn, seriously.

Oh, you're finally getting it through your heads? Congratulations.

Both Bro Mans overness should be raised.

Paul Heyman charisma should be 100.

The Wyatts(Rowan and Harper) can have some stats raised since the WWE officials are high on their wrestling skills.

What stats would be affected. IMO Harper is pretty fine as is.

Are The Bro Mans' REALLY that over? I get raising Jessie higher but that's all.

Here is the truth on Cagematch. What they do, is they take data from promotions roster pages and straight copy and paste it. Which is fine, they provide a lot of infomation. However, the fact of the matter is that this information gets outdated.

Take even me for example, they took my information from a website that hasn't been active in over 2 years. It lists my finisher as a move I haven't won a match with in over 2 years. Eddie Osborne did used to weigh 211 lbs, now he is probably closer to 250 at last I saw him a few months ago. Of course I am not trying to make a big deal out of 1 guys weight, I am trying to point out as a whole that relying on cagematch is not the best idea, especially when it comes to someone you are not the slightest bit familiar with. And telling me I'm wrong because the internet says just further proves it since my source is being in the same room as them.

If we are trying to make the data more accurate, maybe changes shouldn't be suggested because you google searched someone you don't know.

Cagematch isn't the be all, end all by any means but sometimes it is the only place we can get info we can get on guys. (Though they still don't have a profile for Thunder who has been in CMLL for almost a year now.

Like say Brian Lee (Japan) he was a Toryumon 2006 era guy. (The Mexico only group that went to Canada's UWA in 2007.) He hasn't appeared in any results since the UWA. He also has a luchawiki entry.

And seriously dude, as pointed out the Shooting mechanic does absoltely zero in game. As in, you could have everybody checked or nobody checked and it won't ever make a single difference in the game ever. Despite what you believe or do not believe counts as shooting, none of it matters to EWR post Pride FC closing, therefore is pointless to even suggest or talk about.

Also, by your standards, check Shooting for Player Uno because we were taught how to shoot wrestle and he can beat me in it 9 times out of 10.

Pride maybe "closed" (so was World Japan and now BattleArts) but it is still a promotion for the game (if we had the code for it, perhaps we could have fixed it by now.) I think all we can do is strip those rosters and let the game fill in the non global committed wrestlers who fit the criteria. I think the Pride guys, UFC guys, Strikeforce guys, Bellator guys (ect), the New Japan guys who dabbled in it, and other properly MMA trained guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Davey Richards and Kyle O'Reilly.

Here is a suggestion, since the shooting ability is not relivant with gimmicks and basically only used for touring with Pride which to my basic understanding was legit (compared to worked wrestling) why not use the shooting stat for workers who have actually competed in mix martial arts and Pride could be a placeholder for someone competing in MMA, an example being while Lashley was signed to TNA while competing in MMA he would be set to touing with them meaning that if you play as TNA you would have to work around his MMA commitments (Pride).

By doing this you wouldent have a load of workers with shooting ability because they trained in it but that they have activly competed. It gives a solid reason for what the stat could be used for and means that if any workers are created in game with the stat they wouldent be alone when they got picked up by Pride.

Now I understand the whole Pride is not active argument this is just a suggestion to use the mechanicas as a placeholder for something else.

• Like 3

I submit that if "relying on out of date, terrible information" is the only alternative - then perhaps updating these guys, who less than 1% of users will even consider ever using, is ultimately pointless and a waste of Bill's time - until some kind of actual, promotion based information comes along the pipeline.

The logic behind "doing it because it's on Cagematch" when you KNOW that Cagematch is LITERALLY years behind negates changes that other people have probably made with REAL information and is beyond productive, it's flat out counter productive.

But then again being the FIRST GUY IN HERE to fix something "wrong" with EWR has become a game in and of itself to some people apparently.

• Like 6

What the game says about the shooting attribute:

Shooting Ability: If this is true, the workers has shoot fighting experience.

So anyone who has competed in a shoot fight should have shooting ticked. No one else.

Unless suddenly we know better than Mr Ryland.

That underlined part means training as well.

Oh, you're finally getting it through your heads? Congratulations.

The problem is that the reason why you don't care is because you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

No, it really doesn't. I've been trained how to fire a rifle. Am I an experienced shooter (no pun intended)? Not in the slightest

That's like saying because I lanced and drained abscess (a procedure that requires surgical training), I'm a qualified surgeon.

Sorry for that image. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in surgery.

• Like 3

So anyone who has competed in a shoot fight should have shooting ticked. No one else.

I kind of doubt that. There's a difference between Training, and Fighting. There is a student teacher that does Jiu-Jitsu at my school. If I went to a class I wouldn't have shooting ability because I've only trained as opposed to competing.

• Like 2

That's like saying because I did Asian drumming classes at age 9 for 2 weeks, I am now a fully expert/professional drummer of Asian drums.

Shooting fight experience; the term means they have been a participant in a shoot fight. Not trained for it and then given up, because then I'm sure plenty more people could have shooting ticked. They can have it ticked if they've been through training and actually fought a shoot fight, because otherwise they don't have proper experience and wouldn't be fighting in Pride (if it were to still exist).

• Like 1

If you want a stat update based on all of your own arbitrary definitions and preferences, I strongly urge you to make that update.

This thread isn't your special dominion for proclaiming what will or will not go in the data. This thread is for proposing changes that the majority of users can agree on for the sake of better play. You are one voice and (like with much of what you contribute) most of the other voices don't really seem to agree, so maybe you need to back off on this one a bit.

Not interested in hearing more on this 'debate' and I will definitely suspend people who want to keep dragging it on or throwing out personal attacks. It's beyond stupid - if you don't like the attribute one way or the other, it's definitely in your power to correct it.

Moving on...

• Like 10

Abusing of thy powers I see? But surely you can go back and read not only my comments of how the whole shooting tick should go. arwrestling seems to be on my side as well. But it doesn't really come down to what any of us want in an update. It comes down to what Bill wants to put in it. That's the last comment I'll be making on this subject atleast.

Edited by fusionFX!