EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Abusing of thy powers I see? But surely you can go back and read not only my comments of how the whole shooting tick should go. arwrestling seems to be on my side as well. But it doesn't really come down to what any of us want in an update. It comes down to what Bill wants to put in it. That's the last comment I'll be making on this subject atleast.

I didn't ask for your closing remarks - quite the opposite - and I'm within the scope of my 'power' when I moderate terrible discourse like this. Thanks for your continued patronage.

• Like 10

In this example I'll substitute Pride FC for UFC since I think more people understand what UFC is, and Pride FC occupied the same status within Japan whilst it existed.

If you tick 'shooting' for a worker in EWR it means they become eligible to be signed to tour with Pride [read: the UFC] on a fight contract. On the current treatment of shooting, how realistic does this card look to you?

UFC 167

Fight Card:

Undercard

1.) 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Buff Bagwell

2.) New Jack vs. Dolph Ziggler

3.) Eric Bischoff vs. Jonathan Coachman

Main Card:

4.) AJ Styles vs. Elix Skipper

5.) Hardcore Holly vs. James Storm

7.) Randy Orton vs. RVD

8.) Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks (for the UFC Welterweight Championship)

UFC Heavyweight Championship - Cain vs JDS IV!

9.) Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

------------------------

All of these guys currently have 'shooting' ticked, this would be the result in game, although replace some of the american workers with actual Pride guys mostly likely Japanese or actual american MMA fighters like Mark Coleman, or Kevin Randleman.

I don't think we'll be seeing The Stro or Tracy Smothers vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 169.

I agree... that card IS clearly unrealistic. There's no chance in HELL JDS would fight Cain on the very next PPV after getting his ass kicked for the better part of 5 rounds and after Dana White said Cain's next challenger is Fabricio Werdum. :D

But in all seriousness, this "argument" (if you can even call it that... more like misunderstanding by the other people) reminds me of people who think higher selling means people "oversell" like how higher stiffness means people are "too stiff", even though the game clearly works with 100 selling being optimal selling. Just an example of a repeated misinterpretation/misconstruing of the in-game mechanics.

But yeah... only guys who would realistically compete for a UFC or Pride or Bellator type MMA promotion should have shooting ticked. Gotcha. What is Pride FC in the game now as far as a touring commitment? What promotion is it being used for? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Abusing of thy powers I see? But surely you can go back and read not only my comments of how the whole shooting tick should go. arwrestling seems to be on my side as well. But it doesn't really come down to what any of us want in an update. It comes down to what Bill wants to put in it. That's the last comment I'll be making on this subject atleast.

I didn't ask for your closing remarks - quite the opposite - and I'm within the scope of my 'power' when I moderate terrible discourse like this. Thanks for your continued patronage.

He's just lucky it wasn't RW

Look dude... Dont drag me through the mud with this...

We agree on the same thing, and i'll stand on that but at the end of the day its a game. Bill will do what he wants to do, and whatever that is will be just that. Im not gonna bitch or complain about it. I've made my argument, and I stand by it, but theres a reason why I stopped commenting. Saying the same thing over and over accomlishes nothing (whatever side of the argument you're on, cause frankly evryone was up in arms for no reason here).

Point is, a mod told you (and anyone else) to stop. So stop. Get over it. Move on. Its no big deal, you've said your peace.

But in all seriousness, this "argument" (if you can even call it that... more like misunderstanding by the other people) reminds me of people who think higher selling means people "oversell" like how higher stiffness means people are "too stiff", even though the game clearly works with 100 selling being optimal selling. Just an example of a repeated misinterpretation/misconstruing of the in-game mechanics.

But yeah... only guys who would realistically compete for a UFC or Pride or Bellator type MMA promotion should have shooting ticked. Gotcha. What is Pride FC in the game now as far as a touring commitment? What promotion is it being used for? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Pride, WMF, World Japan and BattleArts aren't being used because the computer will still go and set the rosters to their typical situation as oppose to if World Japan was Wrestle-One (IMO not a bad idea but still.)

How some mod makers have worked around the Japan situation in the past, I'm not sure if Bill does this or not, is basically decide that each closed Japanese promotion can "stand in" for a different one. So Pride is closed in real life, so in the game we just pretend that Pride is, say, IGF or something, and treat it accordingly.

• Like 2

I like the idea of treating Pride as IGF if it's not in the data already, as the IGF does purport to feature 'real' MMA, though I can't say I've ever took the risk to watch an IGF show so I'm not sure if 'IGF MMA rules' isn't just worked shoot. Though I did watch that one match with the Predator and DOC where Inoki came out to slap Chono and call the match off for being turrible.

If Bill was to do that the IGF roster would be:

Kazyuki Fujita

Kendo Kashin

Yusuke Kawaguchi / Crusher Kawaguchi

Shogun Okamoto

Hideki Suzuki

Naoya Ogawa

Atsushi Sawada

Akira Jo

Shinichi Suzukawa
Satoshi Ishii

Tatsuhito Takaiwa (Black Tiger)

Regular Gaijin:

Bob Sapp

Peter Aerts

Erik Hammer

Bobby Lashley

A lot of the native guys won't be in the game though as they're just mostly failed MMA guys who debuted in the IGF.

Also, slightly embarrassed that it seems like whenever I post in here it precipitates a flame-war >_>

Edited by snakesonaplane

Snakesonaplane, you've only been helpful and informative in trying to explain the game engine. As has been said, you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Please don't shy away or think that you are being lumped in because it's not the case. You're one of the only people talking sense while keeping it respectful in here, so thank you.

• Like 9

Also, slightly embarrassed that it seems like whenever I post in here it precipitates a flame-war >_>

I think you just called out something others didn't notice about the cagematch based updates. I don't agree with it being the be all, end all but it is better than nothing. The shooter war was going on before you put your two cents in because some people thought football should count.

I think Wrestling New Classic could work for the defunct BattleArts,

• Akira
  • Gillett (rename to Yo-Hey)
  • Makoto
  • Osamu Nishimura
  • Ray (Lin Byron)
  • Star Buck
  • Syuri
  • Tajiri
  • Yoshiaki Yago

No idea for FMW (besides BJW,hardcore has disappeared)

Maybe DDT could work for the defunct WMF

• Anotnio Honda
  • Daisuke Sasaki
  • Danshoku Dino
  • El Samurai
  • Harashima
  • Kenny Omega
  • Kudo
  • Makoto Oishi
  • Masa Takanashi
  • Masao Inoue
  • Michael Nakazawa
  • Mikami
  • Sanshiro Takagi
  • Tanomusaku Toba
  • Tomomitsu Matsunaga
  • Touru Owashi
  • Yuji Hino

Wrestle-1 could work for World-Japan

Contracted talent:

• Hiroshi Yamato
  • KAI
  • Kaz Hayashi
  • Keiji Mutoh
  • Kohei Sato (on loan from Zero 1)
  • Masakatsu Funaki
  • Masayuki Kono
  • Minoru Fujita
  • Ryouji Sai (on loan from Zero 1)
  • Seiya Sanada
  • Shuji Kondo
  • Koji Kanemoto
  • MAZADA
  • NOSAWA Rongai
  • Rene Dupree (left All Japan)
  • Zodaic (Aaron Aguilera)

Other notes, Daisuke Harada, Haijme Ohara and SUWA should all be set to touring commitments to NOAH.

• Like 1

I doubt this would happen but I thought I would suggest it anyway.

I was thinking maybe Bill could create a paypal if he doesn't already have one, and people donate $5 to get the update early, either he uploads the update every time someone donates and uses that for that day of donations or once a week, so people could get the update early if they wanted, and for Bill spending time constantly uploading the data he gets money too.

As I said I doubt it would happen but I think it's a decent concept.

That would only apply if Ryland approves it. EWR may be free, but as the original artist, he still retains certain rights to his work, including derivatives, which this would fall under.

• Like 1

Boy, one sure does have to read through a lot of bullshit just to find updates/stat suggestions.

Posts like yours don't make it any easier.

Anyway, I saw someone earlier suggest raising Heyman's charisma to 100. While Paul is definitely one of the best on the mic, I don't think he deserves a 100, as sometimes his promos can be a bit off just like anyone else. I think he deserves the high 90s, like a 95-97, but 100 seems a bit much.

• Like 4

I doubt this would happen but I thought I would suggest it anyway.

I was thinking maybe Bill could create a paypal if he doesn't already have one, and people donate $5 to get the update early, either he uploads the update every time someone donates and uses that for that day of donations or once a week, so people could get the update early if they wanted, and for Bill spending time constantly uploading the data he gets money too.

As I said I doubt it would happen but I think it's a decent concept.

That just institutes a needless paywall on shaky legal ground... not to mention that paywalls such as eLicense are the reason why people like Bill even still need to produce updates for EWR over a decade after its release. If someone wants to donate money to Bill, it should be as a thank you for his work on the updates rather than because there's an incentive in it for the donator. That way'd probably be a lot less murky (legally-speaking) as well.

Boy, one sure does have to read through a lot of bullshit just to find updates/stat suggestions.

Posts like yours don't make it any easier.

Anyway, I saw someone earlier suggest raising Heyman's charisma to 100. While Paul is definitely one of the best on the mic, I don't think he deserves a 100, as sometimes his promos can be a bit off just like anyone else. I think he deserves the high 90s, like a 95-97, but 100 seems a bit much.

I agree. I'd actually go so far as to suggest that nobody deserves a score of 100 in any of the visible stats (Brawl/Tech/Speed/Charisma). There's no such thing as the perfect match, nor is there such thing as the perfect mic worker, or the perfect brawler, technician, or high-flyer.