EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

At this point, or another very soon - I think there should be an effort to put into place a set of restrictions and rules about how the stats work in the game. I've made posts in the past about how stats actually work versus the perceptions of how people think they work and they've always fallen by the wayside - so perhaps having a listing of concrete fact would give help out?

As I mentioned before, the way that things are going we're going to end up with situations where one guy uses a certain criteria ("I don't think anyone can be perfect, so no 100s") to suggest updates, when that's not the way that the game was programmed and it ends up harming the game in one way or another.

Yeah - this situation to do with Heyman's charisma isn't all THAT serious but it would just be nice to cut down on some of the clutter in months to come.

• Like 3

Also from Hell in a Cell:

Randy Orton is the WWE Champion

Turn Shawn Michaels Heel

I'd hold off on making Michaels a heel for now, yes he superkicked Bryan and cost him the title but we don't yet know the storyline explanation (whether he did it willingly or if he was forced into it). The manner in which he walked away after counting the 3 suggested to me at least that he didn't really want to do it, but I guess we'll find out either tonight on Raw or in the near future

Remove Goldust and Lance Hoyt from FWE. Their other commitments (Goldust with WWE, Hoyt in Japan) have prevented them from working HOH3 as scheduled; since neither have worked for FWE or HOH in the past I'd remove them until they actually show up there.

Per this article, add a friendship, perhaps even loyalty between Rosita and Tommy Dreamer. http://www.chinlock.com/2013/10/thea-trinidad-triumph-and-tragedy/ (great read overall, btw)

I'll be at HOH3 on the 9th so I'll fill in any other necessary updates for FWE afterward.

Edited by Dan B.
  • Like 1

Regarding shooting ability:

I'd like to know what shows that "all's it affects is who gets hired by PRIDE." I've been doing these updates for over seven years and have never seen or heard that anywhere.

Here's what the Guide says: "Shooting Ability: If this is true, the workers has shoot fighting experience."

Here's what the Editor says: "If this box is checked, the wrestler has previous shoot fight experience."

I would personally say that amateur wrestling (also called "catch wrestling") boxing, martial arts and any actual, competitive fighting would comfortably fit under "shoot fighting experience." Simply playing American Football would not be.

Also, someone mentioned reassigning the Japanese promotions to reflect modern day promotions. Problem with that is, remembering which "new" promotion is replacing the "old" one. The Japanese promotions are hardwired into the game... They can't be changed to reflect new promotion names. As a result, I really don't like the idea of reassigning those slots, as then I have to remember which is which, because people will inevitably suggest to put a worker into a Japanese Touring commitment using the "new" promotion name.

Finally, maybe it's me, but it seems like a lot of people this month (I'm noticing a lot of posters labeled as "donators," specifically) that are hardly, if ever, in these threads at any other time. This thread (and future threads) needs to be on track with actual suggestions for updating, not for bickering back and forth.

If you have an issue with a specific suggestion, feel free post on it, speak your peace and then move on. Believe it or not, it takes up a fair amount of time to go through these threads every month to make notes and it's very frustrating when half of the thread is nothing more than back and forth arguing about silly stuff. Please don't waste my time by spending thread space arguing back and forth endlessly. That only minimizes the time I have to update, meaning that less gets done. If I'm coming in here day after day, month after month, seeing nothing but arguing, I'm going to be much less inclined to put out monthly updates at all, than to go through a thread reading a back-and-forth bitchfest. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 2

Just to reiterate no female should have 'shooting' ticked, because in the game women can't be offered contracts with Pride so giving them the 'tick' is completely redundant.

OK, now I know that this is incorrect... I played a game using Shimmer before Sara Del Ray went to WWE... PRIDE signed her to a touring contract. Remember it quite vividly, as I was upset, because I wanted to sign her to a written deal.

So, women can certainly be offered contracts with PRIDE in EWR...

-Bill

• Like 1

Really? I don't remember that from ewr, but I trust you so I guess I'm wrong about that.

Its weird because Pride never had a womans division and that is what the shooting tick is for so it would make sense for women to not be able to tour with Pride. But it has been a long time since I have played original ewr so I humbly retract statement. My apologies for the misinformation.

Edited by snakesonaplane

Also, someone mentioned reassigning the Japanese promotions to reflect modern day promotions. Problem with that is, remembering which "new" promotion is replacing the "old" one. The Japanese promotions are hardwired into the game... They can't be changed to reflect new promotion names. As a result, I really don't like the idea of reassigning those slots, as then I have to remember which is which, because people will inevitably suggest to put a worker into a Japanese Touring commitment using the "new" promotion name.

Finally, maybe it's me, but it seems like a lot of people this month (I'm noticing a lot of posters labeled as "donators," specifically) that are hardly, if ever, in these threads at any other time. This thread (and future threads) needs to be on track with actual suggestions for updating, not for bickering back and forth.

-Bill

What if you'd put a notepad file with the game that tells which Japanese fed is which? Like "BattleArts = IGF" or something like that. I think that after a while you'd remember which one represents which.

and when it comes to the bickering in this thread, I agree with you. That's why I suggest making a separate Stats Update discussion thread where people can discuss about the updates, while keeping your threads only for suggestions. It could save you a lot of time.

just my 2 cents regarding the issue.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I'm sorry Bill but amateur wrestling does not equal catch wrestling, they are two different things with different methods of achieving victory.

It's pretty clear that logic isn't something people care for around here so I wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

At the end of the day it is Bill's decision, after all it is he who puts in the time to make these updates happen all these years now. If there is a big disagreement on the shooting aspect, why doesn't someone take the initiative to release an alternate download with only those they feel should have it? Rocky did something similar a while ago with the "split data." I don't think the shooting aspect is all that "make or break" when it comes to this data anyway.

• Like 1

Really? I don't remember that from ewr, but I trust you so I guess I'm wrong about that.

Its weird because Pride never had a womans division and that is what the shooting tick is for so it would make sense for women to not be able to tour with Pride. But it has been a long time since I have played original ewr so I humbly retract statement. My apologies for the misinformation.

Here's my earlier question... How do you know that the shooting tick is only for PRIDE? I've never seen or heard this anywhere before. Keep in mind, one of the owners' "Preferences" is Mixed Martial Arts. I'd have to think that if you set an owner to that and they took over a promotion, they would look for workers with shooting ticked as well. This is why Shimmer and NCW-FF (women's promotions) have their owners set to "Prefers T And A." While Shimmer and NCW-FF aren't really "T and A" promotions, that leads owners with that preference to hire women.

I just am finding it very hard to believe that shooting was added to the worker statistics for the sole purpose of determining whether or not one of the Japanese promotions would hire them.

• Like 1

What if you'd put a notepad file with the game that tells which Japanese fed is which? Like "BattleArts = IGF" or something like that. I think that after a while you'd remember which one represents which.

It would be fine, if I didn't have about 75,000 other notepad and word files already that I look over on a monthly basis. To be honest, it's just one more headache that I'd rather not take on...

Also, it's not just me remembering which promotion is which... Every other person posting and making suggestions would have to as well. We tried it before and it didn't work out so well.

-Bill

I'm sorry Bill but amateur wrestling does not equal catch wrestling, they are two different things with different methods of achieving victory.

Perhaps I should reclarify... Catch Wrestling is, for the most part, the same amateur freestyle wrestling that is in the Olympics, only without the submissions. I was pretty tired when I typed last night, so hopefully, this makes a bit more sense.

No, technically, they're not "equal," but for EWR purposes, I would classify both of them as qualifying for shooting ability.

-Bill

But is catch wrestling the same as "shooting?" By and large, shoot fighting has been understood as a euphemism for MMA for some time.

To answer that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_wrestling

The training of some modern submission wrestlers, professional wrestlers and mixed martial arts fighters is founded in Catch Wrestling.

If wiki isn't good enough for you: http://www.scientificwrestling.com/

Scientific Wrestling (aka Catch-As-Catch-Can wrestling) is a distinctly American and Western European style of grappling and set of rules where the winner is determined by submission OR pin. No points, no politics, and most matches are held for the best 2 of 3.

A true spectacular martial art, Scientific Wrestling is being rediscovered due to it's merits as a:

- Exciting Spectator Sport

- Means to Exceptional Fitness

- A Gateway to American History and Tradition

- A Brutally Effective Form of Self-Defense

As such, Scientific Wrestling is sometimes referred to as the "Great Granddaddy" of Cage Fighting, Pro-Wrestling, and Olympic Freestyle Wrestling. In fact, the term "No-Holds-Barred" was specifically coined to describe early 20th century American Catch-As-Catch-Can Wrestling matches.

Certainly sounds like shooting to me.

-Bill

Perhaps I should reclarify... Catch Wrestling is, for the most part, the same amateur freestyle wrestling that is in the Olympics, only without the submissions. I was pretty tired when I typed last night, so hopefully, this makes a bit more sense.

No, technically, they're not "equal," but for EWR purposes, I would classify both of them as qualifying for shooting ability.

-Bill

But is catch wrestling the same as "shooting?" By and large, shoot fighting has been understood as a euphemism for MMA for some time.

To answer that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_wrestling

I'm sorry again Bill, but freestyle wrestling and catch wrestling aren't virtually the same and your link just proves it isn't the same as freestyle, olympic free style or college style wrestling focuses on throws and pins, not submissions, among other key diffrerences.

And if we are going down the "What is shoot fighting?" route

Shoot Fighting:

is a combat sport and martial art, with competitions governed by the International Shootfighting Association (ISFA). Shootfighting incorporates techniques from a multitude of traditional martial arts, the most principle of these being Muay Thai and Catch Wrestling.

Shootfighting was previously used synonymously with mixed martial arts competitions in Japan, as opposed to shoot-style professional wrestling competitions. This usage of the term is retired from common usage because it became a registered trademark of Bart Vale, who uses it to describe his hybrid fighting system derived from shoot wrestling. However, it is still sometimes used colloquially.

Examples which were once considered shootfighting styles, tournaments or organizations are Pancrase, Shoot boxing and Shooto, where many fighters still considered themselves to be shootfighters. Ken Shamrock is possibly the most recognisable shoot fighter, as this was the discipline he was credited as using in the early days of the UFC.

Per: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shootfighting

Here's my earlier question... How do you know that the shooting tick is only for PRIDE? I've never seen or heard this anywhere before. Keep in mind, one of the owners' "Preferences" is Mixed Martial Arts. I'd have to think that if you set an owner to that and they took over a promotion, they would look for workers with shooting ticked as well. This is why Shimmer and NCW-FF (women's promotions) have their owners set to "Prefers T And A." While Shimmer and NCW-FF aren't really "T and A" promotions, that leads owners with that preference to hire women.

I just am finding it very hard to believe that shooting was added to the worker statistics for the sole purpose of determining whether or not one of the Japanese promotions would hire them.

I just want to say I find it hilarious that NCW, a promotion that has been running consistantly for over 20 years is not in the game, while their side project is.