EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Boy, one sure does have to read through a lot of bullshit just to find updates/stat suggestions.

Posts like yours don't make it any easier.

Anyway, I saw someone earlier suggest raising Heyman's charisma to 100. While Paul is definitely one of the best on the mic, I don't think he deserves a 100, as sometimes his promos can be a bit off just like anyone else. I think he deserves the high 90s, like a 95-97, but 100 seems a bit much.

And you responding to a joke stat suggestion is just posting for the sake of posting. I can play that game too buddy :)

Give Dixie Carter a 0% overness rating. Dixieland is bound for bankruptcy. Oh and give John Cena a 99 in everything. THANKS!

All joking aside, I don't see you criticizing anyone else with that pretty little orange text, so calm down ;)

Edited by tougie

Boy, one sure does have to read through a lot of bullshit just to find updates/stat suggestions.

Posts like yours don't make it any easier.

Anyway, I saw someone earlier suggest raising Heyman's charisma to 100. While Paul is definitely one of the best on the mic, I don't think he deserves a 100, as sometimes his promos can be a bit off just like anyone else. I think he deserves the high 90s, like a 95-97, but 100 seems a bit much.

And you responding to a joke stat suggestion is just posting for the sake of posting. I can play that game too buddy :)

Give Dixie Carter a 0% overness rating. Dixieland is bound for bankruptcy. Oh and give John Cena a 99 in everything. THANKS!

All joking aside, I don't see you criticizing anyone else with that pretty little orange text, so calm down ;)

This is a pre-emptive suggestion that this goes no further, the last two post you have made in this thread have added nothing to the thread while Mancuerda's point about Heyman is valid.

• Like 7

Hold on, let me donate so I can talk trash about other members who's suggestions I disagree with, that's clearly the happening on this thread. Sorry that I'm tired of filtering through the crap on the page, while trying to find legitimate suggestions that I also use and consider implementing for the TEW databases that I release infrequently. Not to put words in anyone else's mouth, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tired of it. But I figured why not be a part of the problem like everyone else.

And his post was as pointless as mine. Obviously nobody in any game deserves a perfect rating.....except Jeremy Roenick in NHL 94.

Edited by tougie
  • Like 3

Only people with 100 Charisma should be people who make you interested every single promo they have, I have only been watching wrestling for like 5ish years and I have seen a lot of old matches, but I can't vouch for the rock stone cold etc. But I think CM Punk John Cena and Paul Heyman should have atleast high 90's charisma each with Punk and Cena pushing for 100.

Only people with 100 Charisma should be people who make you interested every single promo they have, I have only been watching wrestling for like 5ish years and I have seen a lot of old matches, but I can't vouch for the rock stone cold etc. But I think CM Punk John Cena and Paul Heyman should have atleast high 90's charisma each with Punk and Cena pushing for 100.

Exactly, guys like Punk, Heyman, and Cena make strong cases for 95+ charisma, but I can definitely name quite a few promos from all three men from this year alone that fell flat in a major way.

• Like 1

And if the game pushes someone up to 100 in something are you going to edit them back down?

I think you guys are misunderstanding the whole system. If it was impossible for anyone to achieve 100 in something, it just wouldn't be in the game. Obviously no one's perfect, but having a 100 rating means being the best in the world or something like that. If you think someone's the best there can be at promos, give them a 100 charisma. That makes a lot more sense to me than refusing to use the 100 rating because someday in the future they might build the PromoBot 3000that can perfectly deliver promos every time, and you wouldn't want to give a mere human a 100 rating when clearly only the PromoBot 3000deserves it.

• Like 7

This thread has gotten way out of hand. Tougie has earned himself a brief vacation for slagging off a member of the moderation team, and fusionfx has received punishment as well. This kind of stuff is not needed in these threads each month. If this doesn't stop, more warnings and the like will be handed out. Bill, who does these updates out of the kindness of his heart, should not have to weed through pages of this nonsense each month.

• Like 4

And if the game pushes someone up to 100 in something are you going to edit them back down?

I think you guys are misunderstanding the whole system. If it was impossible for anyone to achieve 100 in something, it just wouldn't be in the game. Obviously no one's perfect, but having a 100 rating means being the best in the world or something like that. If you think someone's the best there can be at promos, give them a 100 charisma. That makes a lot more sense to me than refusing to use the 100 rating because someday in the future they might build the PromoBot 3000that can perfectly deliver promos every time, and you wouldn't want to give a mere human a 100 rating when clearly only the PromoBot 3000deserves it.

Pretty much this.

Someone should have 100 in some of the stats at least, the point of having 100 isn't that the individual is 'perfect' but that they are in a league of their own... the best in the world at that thing, otherwise you're gonna have to have a lot of people on fairly similar numbers, there needs to distinction between even the elite guys. The way this is balanced is that pretty much only one person should have 100 in any given stat, and not necessarily every stat has to have a 100 guy/girl, but the ones that do are meant to be unique people. In the default TEW universe for most top row stats above 60 is considered pretty good, 70-80 is really good, and only a small percentage of people hit above 90 in most of the stat categories.

In terms of 100 scores, in TEW at least, the default Adam-verse has a few people who meet that special score with the following skills all having at least one individual with the '100' value (basics has 10 guys with this value for example):

Submission

Star Quality

Menace

Toughness

Resilience

Toughness

Power

Stamina

Basics

Psychology

Consistency

Respect

The highest value for Charisma is 95.

This means that having 100 shouldn't be forbidden, Adam himself gave 100 for the above stats to one or more workers in his data; they're the elite guys.

The thing is though, this and other mods are based in the real world, which has more workers and actually a bigger more successful industry than exists in the Adam-verse. I think in some ways we should try to emulate the scaling used by Adam to keep his universe balanced, but also in real-life there are guys who deserve these kinds of values, and given the database of most mods dwarfs the size of the default universe, it shouldn't be surprising if there are more guys overall that score highly as a percentage.

The key is just to keep things balanced.

For example the threshold for being in the top 10% in 'Charisma' in TEW 12 default data for a north american male is a value of 76, the highest value being 95 as stated above (the median value is 57). For many of the stats to be in the top 10% you need only to have late 60s or early 70 type values. But it depends on the skill, things like basics and psychology have higher standards to reach the top tier because these skills can be derived from experience alone, through grind rather than necessarily in-ring ability, like brawling or high-flying. So for guys with 20+ years experience (the type of guys in the top %10 for these two stats), it's a measure of their experience wrestling 1000s of matches.

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 4

Pretty much this.

Someone should have 100 in some of the stats at least, the point of having 100 isn't that the individual is 'perfect' but that they are in a league of their own... the best in the world at that thing, otherwise you're gonna have to have a lot of people on fairly similar numbers, there needs to distinction between even the elite guys. The way this is balanced is that pretty much only one person should have 100 in any given stat, and not necessarily every stat has to have a 100 guy/girl, but the ones that do are meant to be unique people. In the default TEW universe for most top row stats above 60 is considered pretty good, 70-80 is really good, and only a small percentage of people hit above 90 in most of the stat categories.

In terms of 100 scores, in TEW at least, the default Adam-verse has a few people who meet that special score with the following skills all having at least one individual with the '100' value (basics has 10 guys with this value for example):

Submission

Star Quality

Menace

Toughness

Resilience

Toughness

Power

Stamina

Basics

Psychology

Consistency

Respect

The highest value for Charisma is 95.

This means that having 100 shouldn't be forbidden, Adam himself gave 100 for the above stats to one or more workers in his data; they're the elite guys.

The thing is though, this and other mods are based in the real world, which has more workers and actually a bigger more successful industry than exists in the Adam-verse. I think in some ways we should try to emulate the scaling used by Adam to keep his universe balanced, but also in real-life there are guys who deserve these kinds of values, and given the database of most mods dwarfs the size of the default universe, it shouldn't be surprising if there are more guys overall that score highly as a percentage.

The key is just to keep things balanced.

For example the threshold for being in the top 10% in 'Charisma' in TEW 12 default data for a north american male is a value of 76, the highest value being 95 as stated above (the median value is 57). For many of the stats to be in the top 10% you need only to have late 60s or early 70 type values. But it depends on the skill, things like basics and psychology have higher standards to reach the top tier because these skills can be derived from experience alone, through grind rather than necessarily in-ring ability, like brawling or high-flying. So for guys with 20+ years experience (the type of guys in the top %10 for these two stats), it's a measure of their experience wrestling 1000s of matches.

This thread has gotten way out of hand. Tougie has earned himself a brief vacation for slagging off a member of the moderation team, and fusionfx has received punishment as well. This kind of stuff is not needed in these threads each month. If this doesn't stop, more warnings and the like will be handed out. Bill, who does these updates out of the kindness of his heart, should not have to weed through pages of this nonsense each month.

WWE Hell In A Cell Spoilers

John Cena is the new World Heavyweight Champion]

Make Kane a Tweener

I'm not sure what the post above Linekers is aboot?

On 'maximum' stats, Football Manager has always had them and a 20 Finishing doesn't mean you'll always score. It's a scale of 1 to 100, so use it.

• Like 1

There was nothing wrong with snakesonaplane's post, backing up stat suggestions with facts as such is actually a big help. Nothing wrong with that.

Does Football Manager have anything to do with Bill's October update? No it doesn't.

Next post in here that doesn't pertain to the stats update will earn someone a warning.