EWR 2013 Stats Update: October ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Add Australian Suicide:

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Australian_Suicide

Birth Month: Unknown

Age: 22? (Konnan said this on the most recent MLW Radio with Lance Storm)
Nationality: Austrialian
Weight: Lightweight
Wage: $5,000
Employer: AAA
Position: Lower Midcard
Alignment: Face
Gimmick: Blue Chipper
Stats: 32/82/56/34/68/41/55/85/85
Ticked: High Spots (has taken staple gun to the chest and is a high-flyer)
Primary Finisher: Corkscrew Shooting Star (Top Rope)

Secondary Finisher: Corkscrew Shooting Star (Top Rope)

Alter Egos: Ryan Rollins

Relationship: Carlo Cannon (trainer), Lance Storm (trainer)

Wow... I can't leave you guys alone for five minutes... I'm honestly at a loss on where to even start with this....

I do know that, when Fusion started posting changes for workers that were pretty obscure, I made a post saying something to the effect of "I'd rather do this sort of thing than go back and forth on a one point change in Randy Orton's charisma every month."

Keep in mind, I'm the one who has to go through all of these posts and decide whether or not to make changes based on the suggestions made. If I'm not bothered by it, why are some of you?

It's not like he's suggesting wholesale changes to the WWE, TNA and ROH rosters, either. Many of these workers he's made suggestions on, I'd be willing to bet, many of you have never even used and/or didn't even know they were in the game to begin with. Please explain to me how taking a worker many have never heard of and dropping his overness and/or wages is "inaccurate info"? That's a big bulk of the suggestions being made. Nothing real crazy.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Many of these workers that he's made suggestions for haven't had a single change done to them since I started working on the data back in 2006... That's 7 years where nobody has made a suggestion on these workers. How many people honestly think that workers who many have probably never heard of should have the exact stats and wages as they had in an update made over seven years ago?

I also realize that Cagematch isn't always 100% accurate. I've used Cagematch for years and nobody has bitched about it. I also use Genickbruch (wrestlingdata.com in german, don't ask me why I don't use the English site), on top of old fashioned Google Searches and anything else I can get my hands on. Unfortunately, sometimes, there's only one source for info. The alternative would be to delete the worker altogether, which some of these obscure workers will likely see that fate in the coming months. I try not to do that too often, as I figure the minute I do, someone will complain that their "favorite Backyard to Global guy" got removed.

The main thing is, keep in mind that this is all just suggestions. Believe it or not, other posters in years' past have made pretty long lists, similar to the ones Fusion has made in the past couple months. Remember to attack the post, not the poster. If you see something out of whack, you're encouraged to make your own suggestion to the initial suggestion. But, make your suggestions and leave it at that. Also, if someone else disagrees with your suggestion, don't take it personally. I've been in many a discussion on here with members that disagreed with something... I don't take it personal and sometimes, the person wins me over to their side of the argument... But, not too often... :)

In short, TheWho's post summed this up pretty well:

Can you guys take your argument elsewhere, it's just causing more post Bill's going to have to wade through for no real reason other than you guys love to make arguments out of trival matters. So what if fusion's suggestions are not 100% accurate, this is a database where stats are based on opinions. fusion's suggestions are a lot more helpful than those people who post saying someone stats need to be dropped by 1. The fact the guy has been trying to make changes to workers who probably havent been touched since they were added is a good thing, it changes things up and improves things also if he finds somebody who there is no info on then thats another worker that can be removed.

FWIW, I have now spent over two hours in this thread, reading, taking notes on stat suggestions (what few there were) and formulating a response to all of this. That's time that I was planning on working on the data, that has pretty much now gone to waste. To be honest, this fiasco has wasted far much more time than any suggestion on stats ever has.

-Bill

• Like 6

• Admin

Thing is Bill, with respect, that he makes these lists of an incredibly sad length, of 'suggestions'. These suggestions are never debated by anyone else as they are (usually, anyway) complete randoms. Therefore these 'suggestions', which may often be wrong, become edict, and you put them into the data, making it less accurate.

Annoying for you scroll through all this, sure. But it's high time he was pulled up on it.

• Like 6

Thing is Bill, with respect, that he makes these lists of an incredibly sad length, of 'suggestions'. These suggestions are never debated by anyone else as they are (usually, anyway) complete randoms. Therefore these 'suggestions', which may often be wrong, become edict, and you put them into the data, making it less accurate.

Annoying for you scroll through all this, sure. But it's high time he was pulled up on it.

Less accurate compared to what the other suggestions that have been made up by personal opinions.

The fact that Bill has made his own point on the whole situation and that he doesn't mind the length or the random obscurity of the worker posted just means your being a dick by arguing about them being posted, if anything when he posts more debate the suggestions don't jusr argue the guy is wrong by posting it.

It's high time you and all the other idiot's who come in here just to keep these arguments rolling on get pulled up on it because you are not bringing anything positive to this topic other than more posts Bill has to go through for no real reason.

• Like 3

A few things to keep in mind:

A: Just because nobody debates a suggestion doesn't mean it "becomes edict," as you suggest. If something about the suggestion seems out of line, I usually don't make the change, unless I get or find more info to back the suggestion. Even without debate, in a lot of cases, if someone suggesting a huge bump in something, I'll only go partway with it.

B: As you said, most of these are "complete randoms." Again, how is suggesting to lower someone's wage and/or overness for a worker who has had zero suggestions made for them in seven years inaccurate? Is it really that big of a ballbuster if a worker that hasn't had a suggestion made for them in over seven years has his overness lowered from 4 to 2? Because, that's a big bulk of what his suggestions are.

C: Again, this isn't the first time someone has made a long list of suggestions. I'd rather have long lists of suggestions than have 3 1/2 pages of pointless back and forth arguing that ultimately, accomplishes nothing.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 3

I'm just wondering out loud but is OMEGA a full time fed again? I noticed their name pop up a few times recently. Also wanted to mention that Extreme Rising is returning. Also a final note, my suggestion to add Metro Pro Wrestling can be halted. They are taking a hiatus/closing its doors for the time being (they lost their tv deal).

CMLL changes:

Dalis Le Caribena should be heel, she recently turned ruda.

Add Tama Tonga to CMLL as heel. Raise his overness to 54 and charisma to 60. (he is coming back and he teamed with Rey Bucanero to win the CMLL World Tag Team titles in September.)

Volador Jr. should have Back Cracker (impact) as his primary finisher and Moonsault Side Slam (Corner) as his secondary finisher.

Rename Manquia de Destruction to Bullet Club. Add Tama Tonga and Tiger. The former TRT is now going by this name. (I expect this name to last at most a month as well.)

Add a blood relationship between L.A. Par-K and Super Parka.

Here are some workers to add to the game that have worked the recent monthly CMLL Furor shows in Arena Naucalpan.

Add Canis Lupis:

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Canis_Lupus

Birth Month: Unknown

Nationality: Mexican
Employer: CMLL
Alignment: Heel
Stats: 32/68/66/34/63/40/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Huracanrana (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Huracanrana (Impact)

Add Centvrion:

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Centvri%C3%B3n

Birth Month: November

Employer: CMLL
Position: Opener
Stats: 31/72/53/32/68/35/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Moonsault (Top Rope)

Secondary Finisher: Lung Blower (Impact)

Relationship: Black Terry (loyalty)

Add Comando Negro:

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Comando_Negro

Birth Month: November

Employer: None
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: Armed Forces
Stats: 34/66/67/36/65/28/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: La Rara (Submission)

Secondary Finisher: Cradle Driver (Impact)

Relationship: Avisman (loyalty), Black Terry (loyalty), Freelance (loyalty), Mike Segura (loyalty)

Add Dinamic Black

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Dinamic_Black

Birth Month: June

Stats: 38/68/62/30/65/25/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Huracanrana (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Huracanrana (Impact)

Relationship: Arkangel (loyalty), Black Terry (loyalty)

Add Flyer:

Pic:

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Flyer

Birth Month: October

Wage: $3,000
Stats: 29/78/51/26/68/30/52/85/85
Ticked: High Spots
Primary Finisher: Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Secondary Finisher: Top Rope Huracanrana (Corner)

Relationship: Black Spirit/Hijo de L.A. Par-K (blood relationship), L.A. Par-K (blood relationship), Super Parka (blood relationship), Volador Jr. (blood relationship)

Edited by mkpunk
  • Like 1

I'm just wondering out loud but is OMEGA a full time fed again? I noticed their name pop up a few times recently. Also wanted to mention that Extreme Rising is returning. Also a final note, my suggestion to add Metro Pro Wrestling can be halted. They are taking a hiatus/closing its doors for the time being (they lost their tv deal).

I would wait on adding both OMEGA and Extreme Rising. OMEGA has been running benefit shows every few months. Extreme Rising is just returning and ran just as infrequent as OMEGA. It's not like DGUSA who switch off shows with EVOLVE.

In other Extreme Rising related news, I would raise Hijo De Rey Misterio II's speed to 78 and overness to 35. He was the one that appeared in Extreme Rising last year (not the original.) I would add blood relationships between him and the other Mysterios (Rey Sr. the original Hijo de Rey Misterio and Rey Jr.) He said he is a nephew of Rey. Sr.

Also rename Hijo De Rey Misterio to Rey Misterio Jr. II.