The PS4 thread

9 to 5

19 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Which of these games should I get or not and why, faithful posters:

7 days to die, The Division, Star Wars Battlefront, Dying Light, Rainbow Six Siege, Tomb Raider, WWE 2k16, Dead Island or Alien Isolation.

Or should I just stick my vouchers on some game yet to come out. <_<

The winner! Thanks everybody.

Dying Light  Iwill probably get next.

• Like 1

Rainbow Six Siege is a decent game. It's more akin to the original Rainbow Six Vegas. 

I remember being disappointed with Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as it seemed to try and copy Call of duty at the time.  

They've added some new stuff to it but so far it feels pretty similar (which isn't a bad thing as why change something drastically if it doesn't need changing) I'm not very far into it though but so far so good! 

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Not really. Still good games, but the series has come an absurd distance, and some mechanics (namely shooting) are ridiculously archaic.

Cheers. I'm not a huge fan, but felt there might be value in that sale.

Bully or The Warriors perhaps?

Bully is good. Movement and combat can be a little clunky, but it's generally very playable and there's enough charm to the game world to separate it from other Rockstar games. From what I've read, though, PAL versions of PS2 classics run at 50Hz, rather than the 60Hz display found in the NTSC releases, and this causes lower frame rates. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd really notice, but it's an issue for quite a few people.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Not really. Still good games, but the series has come an absurd distance, and some mechanics (namely shooting) are ridiculously archaic.

I think I'm in an unusual position with GTA because I played the GTA 3 trilogy on PC and can happily go back to it at any time. However, if I try to play it on a console with a control scheme other than the keyboard and mouse, I really can't get into it and it just doesn't feel right, simply because it's not what I'm used to. Most people I've talked to have completely the opposite experience because they originally played it on PS2 or Xbox.

Sony have added an extra layer of security to the PS4. The two step verification now means that even if they have your password, they'll need the unique code that gets sent to your mobile too.

Apparently, you can activate 2 step now, and will only need to do the sign in > code to phone process once as long as auto sign in is switched on.

• 2 weeks later...