Guys! Help me help Snowball!

probablyoliver

- 'Do you watch video game youtube videos?'

Yes!

- 'If so, what do you watch and why?'

Game Grumps, KSI and Retsuprae. I honestly don't care for any actual in-depth gameplay review, I just want some cheap and easy entertainment and both of those, especially Game Grumps, is good for that - you could say I am interested in the comedy and entertainment first and the game second.

- 'Have you ever made your own?'

Nope, and I never will.

- 'Would it sway your decision to buy any particular game?'

It might but it happens extremely rarely.

Lies and slander!

'buy are particular game'? :shifty:

Stop being horrible to Snowball.

She's dating Ollie, that's enough of a punishment.

Case in point: Ollie had every opportunity to correct that typo before posting it on here and chose not to. Terrible terrible.

'buy are particular game'? :shifty:

Stop being horrible to Snowball.

She's dating Ollie, that's enough of a punishment.

Case in point: Ollie had every opportunity to correct that typo before posting it on here and chose not to. Terrible terrible.

This was Snowball's response. I pleaded ignorance.

• Like 1

So my wonderful lady has asked me to pose a couple questions to you guys. Instead of getting all into the whys and wherefors I figure I'd just quote the facebook message she sent me earlier and if anyone wants to go ahead and answer one or all of the questions that'd be ruddy fantastic.

Could you do me the massivest favour and possibly pose a question to the Forum? Somethings like...

'Do you watch video game youtube videos?'

My subs on youtube are 99% Lets Players.

'If so, what do you watch and why?'

The person playing could be really funny or they could just be playing a interesting game I don't have. I never played The Walking Dead Games but I subbed to The Yogscast's Hannah just because of her playthroughs of them.

'Have you ever made your own?'

I've tried with minecraft but my computer can't really handle the game and recording at the same time.

'Would it sway your decision to buy are particular game?'

Maybe. Depends on the game. Because of "TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox Play Terraria" I really want Terraria but if it's a story driven game that has one outcome, like Max Payne or Dead Island, they play through then no. Even though it's not a thing you buy I did download Katawa Shoujo after I saw Jesse play it because it has multiple ways the story branches off because that's what Visual novels do.

That would be great!

Yes

Trailers and the occasional 'let's play' style video

I've uploaded highlights from Football Manager games

'Would it sway your decision to buy a particular game?'

Yes, but it's more likely to stop me buying a game, such as Dead Island, which you could tell from the gameplay videos was never going to fulfil the hype.

Maybe it's just me, but "It's fun with friends!" is pretty much the weakest compliment you can give a game.

If you need other people around just to make the game fun, it's not a very good game. And you'd probably be better served playing something fun with those friends.

i'm also talking about borderlands but let's keep that between you and me, person that noticed this, because god knows you can't insult the magnum opus of gaming that is borderlands on the internet god fuck that game it's everything bad about diablo style games with really poor fps combat jesus christ

- 'Do you watch video game youtube videos?'

Yes!

- 'If so, what do you watch and why?'

Game Grumps, KSI and Retsuprae. I honestly don't care for any actual in-depth gameplay review, I just want some cheap and easy entertainment and both of those, especially Game Grumps, is good for that - you could say I am interested in the comedy and entertainment first and the game second.

- 'Have you ever made your own?'

Nope, and I never will.

- 'Would it sway your decision to buy any particular game?'

It might but it happens extremely rarely.

Lies and slander!

Oh shit, I forgot about that! Because you left me and never wanted to do it again. Because you apparently hate me. :(

Maybe it's just me, but "It's fun with friends!" is pretty much the weakest compliment you can give a game.

If you need other people around just to make the game fun, it's not a very good game. And you'd probably be better served playing something fun with those friends.

i'm also talking about borderlands but let's keep that between you and me, person that noticed this, because god knows you can't insult the magnum opus of gaming that is borderlands on the internet god fuck that game it's everything bad about diablo style games with really poor fps combat jesus christ

There are games that are built specifically with the idea of playing with others in mind.

Keep holding out for that single-player Risk board game, Ticklez. :shifty:

-I do, specifically the Achievement Hunter "Let's Plays", as it reminds me of more fun times and allows me to enjoy some of the games that I know I'll never get to again.

I know I'll never have another LAN and I can't afford any of the new gaming toys that are out there. So to watch a group of people enjoy those things is strangely cathartic, because it reminds me of my own memories during multiplayer gaming sessions.

-I've thought about it, but having a family makes doing that from home extremely difficult.

-It's heightened my excitement for certain games, but not swayed me to purchase them. GTA V, for instance, I had already decided on a price point and method to nab it. The videos were great fun to watch (still are), but I keep the conjecture from the videos separate from the facts of price/gameplay mechanics/controls/etc.

So my wonderful lady has asked me to pose a couple questions to you guys. Instead of getting all into the whys and wherefors I figure I'd just quote the facebook message she sent me earlier and if anyone wants to go ahead and answer one or all of the questions that'd be ruddy fantastic.

Could you do me the massivest favour and possibly pose a question to the Forum? Somethings like...

Yes.

Games I'm interested in buying, to see if it's worth buying.

No, don't plan on doing so either.

It's the exact reason I watch them.

That would be great!

No, I have a life.

Said the internet message board poster :\

- Yes

- I watch Chris Smoove videos

- I lack the resources to do so, but I imagine i'd consider it.

It kind of already has. I usually buy the Call of Duty games and always play the campaign before going online. I had to make a decision watching his Ghosts video series whether or not I was going to stop watching and buy it (if I was going to play the campaign this year I did not want the entirety of it spoiled), or keep watching, skip the campaign and just play online.

'Do you watch video game Youtube videos?'

Yes, a fair bit actually.

Mostly Let's Plays. I watch a bunch of Yogscast stuff, as well as Hat Films and Achievement Hunter. I do also watch a ton of Rooster Teeth stuff but not all of that is video game stuff. I used to watch The Runaway Guys regularly but haven't in a while.

I watch because it's entertaining. They give each other shit, you sometimes see spectacularly cool and spectacularly hilarious things happening, and they always seem like they're having fun.

Thought about it once or twice. Would need to figure out hardware and software, but what usually stops me is the question of if I'd be any good at it >

There is footage out there of me playing SWTOR with TKz, SRN and GoGo though. There's more video that TKz never released though, despite my badgering :angry:

'Would it sway your decision to buy a particular game?'

Has done. Yogscast got me into Minecraft. Would stand to reason it may happen again.

Do you watch video game youtube videos?'

Yep.

Achievement Hunter Let's Plays, Jesse Cox, TotalBiscuit, Dodger, Arumba, Yogscast. There's a few more but those are the main ones. TotalBiscuit's informative, Arumba is informative when it comes to CK2/EUIV, and all the rest are for their humor & personalities.

Nope!

Yep! Were it not for Arumba's CK2 videos I probably wouldn't have had nearly as much interest in the game, and a lot of the indie games that people like Dodger and Jesse Cox play I wouldn't have given a chance had I not seen them play it - Hotline Miami, etc.